Sigerson Cup 2018

Started by ck, December 11, 2017, 10:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Another year UUJ not the team they think they are.....

Kickham csc

Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2018, 09:29:55 PM
At least the professionals have been removed from the equation now. It's bad when the most excitement to be had in the competition is hoping the colleges trying to game the system don't succeed.

I'm struggling with your line of thought.

UCD were the first college to bring "professionalism" into Sigerson, and have the most expansive program. But you call UUJ the professionals? Why ignore UCD professionals?

Syferus

Quote from: Kickham csc on February 14, 2018, 09:46:40 PM
At least the professionals have been removed from the equation now. It's bad when the most excitement to be had in the competition is hoping the colleges trying to game the system don't succeed.

UCD were the first college to bring "professionalism" into Sigerson, and have the most expansive program. But you call UUJ the professionals? Why ignore UCD professionals?

Interesting that you correctly guessed I meant UUJ and not DIT.

manfromdelmonte

great to see ucg back in the final

Duine Eile

Kieran Molloy (NUIG) and Liam Silke (UCD) going to miss out on a Sigerson final and medal now seeing as its on the same day as the club semi finals, probably no chance of it being moved at this late stage.

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on February 14, 2018, 10:02:37 PM
Kieran Molloy (NUIG) and Liam Silke (UCD) going to miss out on a Sigerson final and medal now seeing as its on the same day as the club semi finals, probably no chance of it being moved at this late stage.

I'm sure they'll still get a medal. It's be mad to rearrange it for two players though.

magpie seanie

Play the Sigerson next Wednesday

Therealdonald

Quote from: Jinxy on February 14, 2018, 09:43:55 PM
Two proper colleges in the final.

I'd like you to name the players you suspect are doing ''flower arranging'' courses as used to be the stick to beat Ulster University with.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Duine Eile on February 14, 2018, 10:02:37 PM

Real shame for them alright but club comes first.

Duine Eile

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 14, 2018, 10:04:05 PM
Play the Sigerson next Wednesday

Or even Sunday, wouldn't be ideal but at least the 2 lads would get a chance to be part of the panel. Club comes first though as you said GBB, I doubt it was a tough decision for them to make, just a pity they had to make it at all.

Kickham csc

Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2018, 10:00:33 PM
Quote from: Kickham csc on February 14, 2018, 09:46:40 PM

Interesting that you correctly guessed I meant UUJ and not DIT.

Just following your consistent critique of UUJ.

But you didn't answer the question.

Why are UCD and NUIG not professionals when they run the same schemes are UUJ? Just interested

mouview

The final on TV Saturday? Be superior fare to the club matches I'd wager.

Syferus

Quote from: mouview on February 14, 2018, 10:13:16 PM

Someone would seriously prefer pro watch the Sigerson final than the four best clubs in Ireland going head-to-head?

mouview

Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2018, 10:15:32 PM
Quote from: mouview on February 14, 2018, 10:13:16 PM

Someone would seriously prefer pro watch the Sigerson final than the four best clubs in Ireland going head-to-head?

To win a Sigerson final is a feather in the cap for many footballers and I'm sure they'll be be going all-out for the victory, even more so than the glorified friendly that is the Inter-Pros. Both colleges will boast a large complement of inter-county players, some of whom are senior AI medal winners. Do you think it will be of inferior standard to the club games?