AZ Offaly
That Westmeath lad that hates Syferus
Shamrock Shore
The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

Shrewdness

Nobody in Ros getting carried away over this, and that will remain the case should they beat Galway in the final. The Hastings Cup is what it is, a pre championship warm up competition.. I'd imagine the Rossies are looking towards the first match of the Championship, and no further than that.. It's going to be a very tight Connacht U-21 championship.

Rossfan

True Shrewd.
Obviously Mayowestros and Galway's the two leading contenders.
Hopefully we can give Shligo a game and sure ya'd never know then...
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2015, 09:06:42 PM
True Shrewd.
Obviously Mayowestros and Galway's the two leading contenders.
Hopefully we can give Shligo a game and sure ya'd never know then...

You never know what to expect from the Sligo boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sja1Ptdvx5s

Shrewdness

That's where Mark Dowd and his management team will earn their corn. It's crucial that no complacency gets into the player's heads for the first round match..

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 24, 2015, 09:27:09 PM
That's where Mark Dowd and his management team will earn their corn. It's crucial that no complacency gets into the player's heads for the first round match..

After the war in Marky last Spring I doubt anyone on the panel will overlook Sligo.

moysider

Ominous for the rest of us when this has become a discussion almost exclusively between Rossie posters. It has become the parade the championship promises to be for them  :( :'(

manfromdelmonte

one bad day at U21 and you're gone.
every county is capable of one big performance

moysider

Mayo U21 manager very unhappy that he had to field without his senior panellists. Manager requested them and was denied.
Now I agree that senior should be priority but we didn't have a senior game at the weekend - apart from A v B match.
Be interesting to see if these U21s feature v Kerry at the weekend?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 26, 2015, 08:41:18 PM

Mayo U21 manager very unhappy that he had to field without his senior panellists. Manager requested them and was denied.
Now I agree that senior should be priority but we didn't have a senior game at the weekend - apart from A v B match.

C&H not exactly endearing themselves in Mayo thus far.

To be fair it gave our ladeens a fair shot, with Galway and Roscommon seniors playing Sunday both teams on Saturday should get use out of their panels.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 26, 2015, 08:46:42 PM

To be fair it gave our ladeens a fair shot, with Galway and Roscommon seniors playing Sunday both teams on Saturday should get use out of their panels.

Will some of  the U21s be playing 2 games in 2 days?

ross4life

Coen,Durcan,Gallagher all started group hastings cup games surprising they didn't get a run out Saturday.

The one interesting quote from Niall Heffernan

Quotethere's no better preparation for the championship out there. "The intensity of that game you can't replace that with challenge games. The crowd out on the pitch, the Roscommon crowd standing on the sideline when we were attacking. That toughens you up, that's what these games are all about
The roars from rossfan would toughen any young lad up  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 26, 2015, 09:05:49 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 26, 2015, 08:46:42 PM

Will some of  the U21s be playing 2 games in 2 days?

Unlikely. Only Ultan Harney double-jobbed this weekend and he only had 40 minutes on Saturday and about 10 on Sunday, his senior debut. Any of the U21s getting serious senior time on Sunday will be off-limits.

Shrewdness

Hastings Cup Final, Roscommon v Galway, confirmed for next Saturday at 2pm in Rathcline...Just follow the bus.. I wonder will the forecast of snow lead to many postponements this weekend?

moysider

mjg