Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 30, 2020, 07:31:16 PM
Quite enjoyed the Eurovision movie. Cheesy as hell like and not going to win any awards but decent. Great music in it.

Probably the cheesiest thing I've ever watched but one of those it's that bad it's really quite good!

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on July 01, 2020, 09:57:29 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on June 30, 2020, 07:31:16 PM
Quite enjoyed the Eurovision movie. Cheesy as hell like and not going to win any awards but decent. Great music in it.

Probably the cheesiest thing I've ever watched but one of those it's that bad it's really quite good!
Yeah would agree with that, plus Rachel McAdams is very easy on the eye.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Watching Touching the void (4th time) Jesus! What an experience
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Hamilton out today on Disney+.

Saw the show in London last year and it's one of the most breathtakingly brilliant pieces of entertainment I've ever come across. Can't imagine this will be any different, even if watching a stage show on a small screen might be a bit odd. Getting 5* reviews everywhere.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on July 03, 2020, 09:12:14 AM
Hamilton out today on Disney+.

Saw the show in London last year and it's one of the most breathtakingly brilliant prefers of entertainment I've ever come across. Can't imagine this will be any different, even if watching a stage show on a small screen might be a bit odd. Getting started reviews everywhere.
Bastard  :D! Was supposed to be going to see it next week.

mrdeeds

Watched Dunkirk for first time. Different in that there is very script but very enjoyable. Probably was a great cinema experience.

johnnycool

Quote from: Main Street on June 01, 2020, 07:26:39 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 01, 2020, 12:17:32 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 01, 2020, 12:03:15 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 28, 2020, 04:35:23 PM
Scorsese's The Departed was on TV the other night.

I hadn't seen it in years and it starts off really well but the actual end is a bit fucked up to say the least.
You mean the final scenes in the lift and after?  Have you worked out the whys yet?
Although i hold the original Infernal Affairs in the highest regard, I loved the Scorcese tribute version.

Why?
I never really thought too much about the whys....feel free to share! I actually love that movie.
I was answering Johnny Cool who didn't like the ending,  I wondered if he had worked out all the angles of the shootings, the why of the sudden emergence of the  second snitch and why he was instantly shot  etc etc, because I thought the ending was quite good.
Obviously if you liked the film, you liked the endings, there's no hidden mysteries to be revealed.

I'll need to sit down and watch the ending again Main Street.

Probably missed loads of the finer details.

Main Street

Polish detective crime film called Plagi Breslau -   Plague of Breslau (I guess).
A studied gory revenge of a downtrodden citizen, inflicted against those who had wronged her.
If Tarantino had directed Se7en.

The  measure of it would be,  could Tarantino watch it without flinching a number of times yet take notes as well.
I flinched, about 5 minutes worth but I enjoyed the film.

Capt Pat

Does anyone know when cinemas are reopening again?

laoislad

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 29, 2020, 01:13:29 AM
Some are already are they not?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on July 29, 2020, 07:25:48 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 29, 2020, 01:13:29 AM
Some are already are they not?
Aye Omniplex are open but only showing reruns I believe. Don't see the point tbh. Tenet and Bond seem to be the 2 biggest waiting on a return to normality. Bond will be funked though if there is a winter surge.

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on April 29, 2020, 06:49:18 PM
Anybody watched L'immortale - the Gomorrah prequel about Ciro? I've been looking for it, cant find it anywhere, even prepared to pay 4 it!
I see this on Sky Atlantic on Friday 28th at 9pm.   :D

imtommygunn

Quote from: bennydorano on August 22, 2020, 12:21:27 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 29, 2020, 06:49:18 PM
Anybody watched L'immortale - the Gomorrah prequel about Ciro? I've been looking for it, cant find it anywhere, even prepared to pay 4 it!
I see this on Sky Atlantic on Friday 28th at 9pm.   :D

Cheers for that. Must watch it.

bennydorano

Well that was excellent, not a prequel as I thought tho, more a side story with a flashback back story. Should link into the next Gomorrah series.

An Watcher