Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 12, 2020, 11:44:27 PM
The theory of everything was on tonight. I thought the French doctor in it looked like Frank Le boeuf the former Chelsea defender. I checked on imdb afterwards and it was. I saw the movie when it first came out 6 years ago and didn't spot Frank Le Boeuf.

I seen it when it first came out and I couldn't make out the player, another name kept coming up in my head! Only months after I read an article on the movie that I realised it was him!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2020, 11:59:40 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 12, 2020, 11:44:27 PM
The theory of everything was on tonight. I thought the French doctor in it looked like Frank Le boeuf the former Chelsea defender. I checked on imdb afterwards and it was. I saw the movie when it first came out 6 years ago and didn't spot Frank Le Boeuf.

I seen it when it first came out and I couldn't make out the player, another name kept coming up in my head! Only months after I read an article on the movie that I realised it was him!

Think he was also in the WW2 film Allies

nrico2006

Parasite was brilliant, watched a few other of Bong Joon-ho films too.  Okja and Snowpiercer were ok and Memories of Murder was poor. Saw The Host years ago and thought it was brilliant.

Wasn't interested in watching The Platform a few weeks back, but watched it today - pretty crap to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2020, 08:09:04 PM
Parasite was brilliant, watched a few other of Bong Joon-ho films too.  Okja and Snowpiercer were ok and Memories of Murder was poor. Saw The Host years ago and thought it was brilliant.

Wasn't interested in watching The Platform a few weeks back, but watched it today - pretty crap to be honest.

Yeah a bit of a human centipede vibe off it!

Main Street

Memories of Murder is a stand out excellent film, imo.

Main Street

I came across this guy's channel on you tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD8J_xbbBuGobmw_N5ga3MA

and I got hooked into watching these upscaled and enhanced versions of classic B&W movies from before and after the turn of the last century
As was commented, it's as close as you can get to actual time travelling.

johnnycool

Scorsese's The Departed was on TV the other night.

I hadn't seen it in years and it starts off really well but the actual end is a bit fucked up to say the least.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: johnnycool on April 28, 2020, 04:35:23 PM

I hadn't seen it in years and it starts off really well but the actual end is a bit fucked up to say the least.

Good film alright - agree about the ending, kinda like they didn't really know how to end it. Think Dignam character played by Wahlberg was a good guy, but it could be interpreted as him being one of Costello's by the Rat then on balcony.

Strange.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on April 28, 2020, 04:35:23 PM

The film should have been alot better. Mark Walhberg steals a living as an actor.

bennydorano

Anybody watched L'immortale - the Gomorrah prequel about Ciro? I've been looking for it, cant find it anywhere, even prepared to pay 4 it!

imtommygunn

Hadn't heard of that one. Must look out for it.

bennydorano

It was released December past in Italy

theticklemister

Watched two films there last two nights. Both based on true events.

Bad Education

About staff using the school credit card for their own gain.

Dark Waters

About a company polluting the local area with their products.

Both are excellent

JPGJOHNNYG

Mindhorn on prime. Surprisingly good

J70

Quote from: theticklemister on April 30, 2020, 10:26:48 AM
Watched two films there last two nights. Both based on true events.

Bad Education

About staff using the school credit card for their own gain.

Dark Waters

About a company polluting the local area with their products.

Both are excellent

Both well done and based on true stories. I remember when the Roslyn high school scandal was a big story in NYC.

"A company" was DuPont, by the way. :)

Not that they're the only company to f**k up the West Virginia environment/landscape/people in a major way.