America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2015, 11:36:44 PM
Stew here is our man being interviewed: http://mic.com/articles/126203/this-armed-vet-at-umpqua-nails-why-eliminating-gun-free-zones-won-t-stop-mass-shootings

Here is the interview on NBC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=7mOJf9HW2Zo

"Luckily, we made the choice not to get involved," he told MSNBC. "We were quite a distance away from the actual building where it was happening, which could have opened us up to being potential targets ourselves. And, you know, not knowing where SWAT was on their response time, they wouldn't know who we were, and if we had our guns ready to shoot, they'd think we were the bad guys."

There is some debate regarding his own weapon. He was breaking college rules. He cites the constitution and Oregon Law to defend himself. I'll have to leave that to the locals to see how far over the line he was. I'd suggest that going after him would be counter-productive as the NRA would make a martyr of him. And an anti-Christ of the campus staff and their bosses.

But that isn't the point.

He said: "Luckily, we made the choice not to get involved".

And you accuse me of not bothering to read the story that you didn't bother to provide a link to?

Now back to the cops. Again and again I have pointed out that my issue is with the strategy, as directed by the bosses. The cops on the ground just follow orders. Again and again you ignore that. But then looking at the videos above, you cherry pick what you like and disregard the rest. So you probably aren't reading this bit anyway and I bet you started typing you reply before you got past the videos. Did you know that all of the Armagh team and management have come out of the closet? And Fearon as well?

MSNBC LOLOLOLOL, Far left looney snotrag of a tv station.

You call the peelers when it suits you and you condemn the way they would handle  your issue, hypocritical.

Good for them and Tony! Who cares?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 13, 2015, 01:23:03 PM
Stew here is our man being interviewed: http://mic.com/articles/126203/this-armed-vet-at-umpqua-nails-why-eliminating-gun-free-zones-won-t-stop-mass-shootings

"Luckily, we made the choice not to get involved," he told MSNBC. "We were quite a distance away from the actual building where it was happening, which could have opened us up to being potential targets ourselves. And, you know, not knowing where SWAT was on their response time, they wouldn't know who we were, and if we had our guns ready to shoot, they'd think we were the bad guys."

There is some debate regarding his own weapon. He was breaking college rules. He cites the constitution and Oregon Law to defend himself. I'll have to leave that to the locals to see how far over the line he was. I'd suggest that going after him would be counter-productive as the NRA would make a martyr of him. And an anti-Christ of the campus staff and their bosses.

And you accuse me of not bothering to read the story that you didn't bother to provide a link to?

Now back to the cops. Again and again I have pointed out that my issue is with the strategy, as directed by the bosses. The cops on the ground just follow orders. Again and again you ignore that. But then looking at the videos above, you cherry pick what you like and disregard the rest. So you probably aren't reading this bit anyway and I bet you started typing you reply before you got past the videos. Did you know that all of the Armagh team and management have come out of the closet? And Fearon as well?

You call the peelers when it suits you and you condemn the way they would handle  your issue, hypocritical.

Stew you have gone completely off the rails. Your 2nd sentence doesn't make any sense. I don't use the word 'peelers'. That is from the mid 19th century in the UK.

You came on here claiming the guy had been denied his chance of being a hero. You never provided a link. Now we know why. Your story was inaccurate. Whether it was NBC, FOX NEWS or out of the NRA's hole, the guy himself said 'luckily, we made the choice not to get involved'. He was denied nothing.

Now either you lied to us, or you made a mistake and believed someone else who lied. But it is not NBC's lie.

MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 01:48:02 PM

Stew you have gone completely off the rails. Your 2nd sentence doesn't make any sense. I don't use the word 'peelers'. That is from the mid 19th century in the UK.

You came on here claiming the guy had been denied his chance of being a hero. You never provided a link. Now we know why. Your story was inaccurate. Whether it was NBC, FOX NEWS or out of the NRA's hole, the guy himself said 'luckily, we made the choice not to get involved'. He was denied nothing.

Now either you lied to us, or you made a mistake and believed someone else who lied. But it is not NBC's lie.

I didn't lie, I never said you used the term peelers and I saw an interview where he tells a different tale.

By the way, more hypocrisy from the left in the article below.

Liberal 'Daily Show' Host Insults Ben Carson... But Then Said Something Stunning When Cameras Were Off
Retired neurosurgeon and presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson took quite a bit of heat recently from the liberal media after he stated that more people should attempt to rush and overpower mass shooters.

In Carson's take, doing so could possibly prevent the criminals and psychopaths from killing so many innocent people.

One member of the liberal media who piled on Carson's comments was the new host of Comedy Central's "Daily Show," Trevor Noah, who skewered Carson during one of his monologues last week.

Noah said, "Rushing a gunman? It seems crazy... It's weird that Ben Carson would think a zombie strategy would be the way to go. Unless... wait a second. Slow, languid pace. Dead eyes. Loves brains. Oh my God, this explains everything, Ben Carson is a zombie!"

However, during a political convention this weekend, Noah sang a different tune while speaking with political commentator and liberal strategist James Carville.

Noah seemingly walked back his initial criticism of Carson's statements and admitted that rushing a gunman is actually a good idea, though he still insulted Carson, to an extent.

"Everyone rushed (to Carson) and said, 'You're crazy, you crazy man.' And the first thing I say is, 'Rush the gunman? Oh, he's right. He's actually right. If people rush the gunman, there is a chance that the person would be able to kill less people.'"

Noah added, "But he's callous. And he's not considering the fact that you're talking about humans, and not soldiers... But I don't come from a place where he's wrong because I stand on the opposite side of him."

Trevor Noah and Ben Carson are quite different ideologically speaking, but at least Noah was willing to admit that, at least in this case, Carson has the right idea.

Perhaps Noah should look at some of Carson's other stances on various issues with an open mind, as he may find he agrees with the doctor on some of them as well.

And maybe the next time Noah admits that a target of his criticism was actually right.

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 13, 2015, 02:03:09 PM
I didn't lie, I never said you used the term peelers and I saw an interview where he tells a different tale.

Post it.
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

Careful now. Last week he posted a Facebook page as evidence that 90% of Americans own guns. This one was probably on Justin Bieber's Twitter.

heganboy

Stew, are you saying they doctored the interview with the guy, or that they scripted it?

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: gallsman on October 13, 2015, 04:46:58 PM
Careful now. Last week he posted a Facebook page as evidence that 90% of Americans own guns. This one was probably on Justin Bieber's Twitter.

You ever quoted from wiki you numpty?

whitey

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 02:06:03 PM

Post it.

"Stood down" may be a stretch but that's how it was actually reported, so Stew is not making this up. He Was directed by school authorities not to intervene as no one quite knew where the shooter was. The shooter was 200 yards away in another building, so he was not directly engaged with him.

The armed vet did say in another interview, that if the shooter had entered his location, he would have taken action to protect those around him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwL4_KDDuhg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2I93N6H_eM

stew

Quote from: heganboy on October 13, 2015, 04:51:16 PM

Stew, are you saying they doctored the interview with the guy, or that they scripted it?

No, I am saying that station is the single most biased station of them all, well, they are tied with Fox news on that score, they are out there.

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 13, 2015, 07:03:01 PM

Post it.

"Stood down" may be a stretch but that's how it was actually reported, so Stew is not making this up. He Was directed by school authorities not to intervene as no one quite knew where the shooter was. The shooter was 200 yards away in another building, so he was not directly engaged with him.

The armed vet did say in another interview, that if the shooter had entered his location, he would have taken action to protect those around him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwL4_KDDuhg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2I93N6H_eM

This is what he said: "There was a veteran who had a legal weapon, concealed carry permit 200 yards away, he wanted to go help but was told to stay put by staff members on campus".

'He wanted to go help', is different to 'we made the choice not to get involved'.

And a good decision it was too, Parker said himself it was likely that the SWAT team might think he was the shooter and blow him to bits.

MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 13, 2015, 07:09:50 PM

No, I am saying that station is the single most biased station of them all, well, they are tied with Fox news on that score, they are out there.

Do you seriously believe  that they are far left as Fox as far right?

Who is their Hannity?
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 07:36:24 PM

Who is their Hannity?

More so!

stew

Post it.

I cant see it no mo, it was on the Conservative Tribune I saw it.

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 07:36:24 PM

Who is their Hannity?

I cant watch it anymore, I tried and I cannot do it, shit I can hardly watch Fox but you have to as it stands alone as a conservative platform and it does have Megyn Kelly on there, I would love a rattle at that woman, she is some article!  :)

I primarily watch CBS and CNBC to get some semblance of normalcy.

muppet

MWWSI 2017