America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Muppet, in principle I agree with you, but you have a problem with the cops in the States, and are using a photo to have a go at them when they have done nothing wrong in this situation.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 02, 2015, 03:51:55 PM
Muppet, in principle I agree with you, but you have a problem with the cops in the States, and are using a photo to have a go at them when they have done nothing wrong in this situation.

I am old enough to remember the Dublin & Monaghan bombings. I happened to be in Dublin city centre once as a child when there was a bomb scare on O'Connell Street.

When there was a 'threat' the cops would evacuate the area. This was the appropriate and sensible course of action. Even though they knew there was a very real chance that there were terrorists in the crowd, they didn't line everyone up with their hands over their heads and start searching them.

Why?

In my view it was because the priority was genuinely the safety of ordinary citizens.

In the pictures above, it is my view that the priority is the media.

And that is not blaming the cops. They are simply following orders. The problem is much higher up than those in the photos.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

I think you are reading too much into it.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Still in shock about it all this morning. I was down through the area a few months back on a family road trip. I've thought a lot about the conviction of those who were shot and if I would be so bold and brave when asked if I was Christian knowing that a yes would mean execution. I pray for their strength.

Something needs to be done in this country. I think we're passed the point of no return though. There are just too many guns out there and too much access to them. Would a ban or an amnesty even make a difference?

We won't stay too many more years at this rate.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Boycey

Anyone catch Cal Thomas and Matt Cooper sparring about the latest incident on Today FM there??

Cal was going down the line of "if the security guard had a gun none of this would have happened", got fairly hot and heavy.

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on October 02, 2015, 04:59:30 PM
Anyone catch Cal Thomas and Matt Cooper sparring about the latest incident on Today FM there??

Cal was going down the line of "if the security guard had a gun none of this would have happened", got fairly hot and heavy.

Thomas is a complete p***k. . . he's the quintessential Republican!!

muppet

These people are almost as dangerous to society as the shooters.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: The Iceman on October 02, 2015, 04:57:51 PM
Still in shock about it all this morning. I was down through the area a few months back on a family road trip. I've thought a lot about the conviction of those who were shot and if I would be so bold and brave when asked if I was Christian knowing that a yes would mean execution. I pray for their strength.

Something needs to be done in this country. I think we're passed the point of no return though. There are just too many guns out there and too much access to them. Would a ban or an amnesty even make a difference?

We won't stay too many more years at this rate.

Why the hell would anyone answer in the affirmative that they were Christian after seeing this psychopath mow down others?

Conviction me arse. Do what you have to to live and get back to your family and f**k that deranged judge and executioner.  Any concept of god that would supposedly hold that against someone is fucked up.

Boycey

Quote from: muppet on October 02, 2015, 05:59:13 PM

These people are almost as dangerous to society as the shooters.

Agreed.

It's worth a listen, Matt really tore into him. It'll be on Today FM website on the listen back function, it took place in 4.30-5.00 segment..

stew

Quote from: Last Man on October 02, 2015, 02:28:42 PM
America is just bonkers, this is just the cops being seen to be mitigating against the risk of another shooter or accomplice, "don't worry people we have the situation under control, panic over". All for show. It astounds me as a sizeable and influential chunk of the population how the American police force are not kicking up merry hell in favour of gun control. Just listened to a local girl interviewed who was looking forward to her 21st birthday and her concealed firearm permit suggesting this wouldnt have happened if more people were carrying :o. Compulsory quick draw training in elementary school is probably the next move. What must life be like for Liberals living there, cheek by jowel with so many mad bastiches who would advocate that this is worth it.

f**k me, that is an ignorant rant, I know a ton of liberals who own weapons, I have a mate that is a top surgeon in Green Bay and we fight all the time about gun control, he is a screaming looney leftie but he owns over forty guns/rifles, love to hunt, trap shoot and let the bullets fly in indoor ranges.

You liberals are brave and fond of blaming conservatives for anything bad that happens, the fact is that gun owners of liberal leanings in the USA number in the tens of millions, probably not as many as conservatives but they are out there and to me they should be taken from the citizenry, the problem lies in the constitution and the peoples right to bear arms and the toothless leaders like Obama who do feck all when they have  the House/ White house/Congress.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 02, 2015, 06:23:35 PM
America is just bonkers, this is just the cops being seen to be mitigating against the risk of another shooter or accomplice, "don't worry people we have the situation under control, panic over". All for show. It astounds me as a sizeable and influential chunk of the population how the American police force are not kicking up merry hell in favour of gun control. Just listened to a local girl interviewed who was looking forward to her 21st birthday and her concealed firearm permit suggesting this wouldnt have happened if more people were carrying :o. Compulsory quick draw training in elementary school is probably the next move. What must life be like for Liberals living there, cheek by jowel with so many mad bastiches who would advocate that this is worth it.

f**k me, that is an ignorant rant, I know a ton of liberals who own weapons, I have a mate that is a top surgeon in Green Bay and we fight all the time about gun control, he is a screaming looney leftie but he owns over forty guns/rifles, love to hunt, trap shoot and let the bullets fly in indoor ranges.

You liberals are brave and fond of blaming conservatives for anything bad that happens, the fact is that gun owners of liberal leanings in the USA number in the tens of millions, probably not as many as conservatives but they are out there and to me they should be taken from the citizenry, the problem lies in the constitution and the peoples right to bear arms and the toothless leaders like Obama who do feck all when they have  the House/ White house/Congress.

But what if the armed liberals, are merely forming their own militia, as is guaranteed under the constitution, to protect them from the other armed militia, who swear to protect the constitution from the liberals?
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on October 02, 2015, 06:37:07 PM
Quote from: stew on October 02, 2015, 06:23:35 PM

But what if the armed liberals, are merely forming their own militia, as is guaranteed under the constitution, to protect them from the other armed militia, who swear to protect the constitution from the liberals?

Arent the "liberals" the ones who want guns?

JoG2

Anyone hear that looney bin Cal Thomas on The Last Word this evening? The mind boggles