Sunday World hanging front page

Started by longrunsthefox, November 01, 2009, 02:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Jesus lads what is up with all of ye today. I tell u what I have seen worst pictures in the papers. For gods sake the amount of graphic pictures that have appeared over the course of the war with the brits on this island is nothing compared to that. Its not a nice thing to see and I feel sorry for the poor fella but this man could have went to the middle of a woods or whatever and hung himself there. Instead he went to a bridge over a busy road so he surly knew it would make headline news for whatever reason. On another note if it comes out in the papers that this man was a drug dealer or a member of the UVF will there still be the same outrage from this board.

Sandino

No matter who the victim is this image should not have been on the front page of a Sunday newspaper. Only my opinion but it is one I feel strongly about.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hereiam on November 01, 2009, 08:07:00 PM
Jesus lads what is up with all of ye today. I tell u what I have seen worst pictures in the papers. For gods sake the amount of graphic pictures that have appeared over the course of the war with the brits on this island is nothing compared to that. Its not a nice thing to see and I feel sorry for the poor fella but this man could have went to the middle of a woods or whatever and hung himself there. Instead he went to a bridge over a busy road so he surly knew it would make headline news for whatever reason. On another note if it comes out in the papers that this man was a drug dealer or a member of the UVF will there still be the same outrage from this board.
What a f**king stupid post, I think it might be the most stupid I've ever read.

The man went to the bridge, so his family deserve to look at that image on the front of the Sunday world? It doesnt matter if he's a drug dealer or a member of the UVF or anything else. 
do you not think they're suffering enough?

Would you like it if it was a member of your family?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

This is one of the reasons I do not buy this scum newspaper. There's no morality and anything to increase circulation. I just hope it backfires on them and people wise up to this fish'n'chip wrapper.

I was disgusted when I heard about this today and I can only imagine what this man's family must be going through today. As if they didn't have enough to be worrying about!

I hope the press regulators comes down heavy on the Sunday World and McDowell is shown the door.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on November 01, 2009, 08:54:43 PM
This is one of the reasons I do not buy this scum newspaper. There's no morality and anything to increase circulation. I just hope it backfires on them and people wise up to this fish'n'chip wrapper.

I was disgusted when I heard about this today and I can only imagine what this man's family must be going through today. As if they didn't have enough to be worrying about!

I hope the press regulators comes down heavy on the Sunday World and McDowell is shown the door.
My thoughts exactly zig. Good post.

Hereiam

Fu*k up pints some of your posts in the past haven't excatly been top draw stuff. I give my opinion on this, is there someting wrong with that.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hereiam on November 01, 2009, 09:03:02 PM
f**k up pints some of your posts in the past haven't excatly been top draw stuff. I give my opinion on this, is there someting wrong with that.

Could you answer my questions:
The man went to do it at the bridge, does that mean his family should have to look at it on the front page of a paper?
Would you like it if, god forbid, it was a member of your family?

YOu're perfectly entitled to post your opinion, but if you're going to post such nonsense don't be surprised when you're pulled on it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Hereiam on November 01, 2009, 09:03:02 PM
f**k up pints some of your posts in the past haven't excatly been top draw stuff. I give my opinion on this, is there someting wrong with that.
The use of the term F*** Up, usually denotes that you have lost an argument. Fact is, no excuses, but the SW have really F***** Up! and yer man is a ******! Who will be sacked.

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Hereiam on November 01, 2009, 08:07:00 PM
Jesus!  but this man could have went to the middle of a woods or whatever and hung himself there. I am sorry but that must rank as the most abysmal statement in the history of this board! In his state of mind, the man couldn't care less where he died and I will bet that, in his terms, it was no publicity stunt! Such a crass statement really shows you up as a dim and half-educated moron!!!!! :o

mylestheslasher

I wouldn't pass much remarks of hereiam as here clearly has not been effected by suicide before so doesn't understand that these people are ill and are not thinking straight. All they are looking for is a means to die and nothing else matters. The Sunday World has scrapped a barrel where no others have gone. They take great pride in uncovering scum bags well they need look no further than their own editor in future.

Rudi

Was watching question time on the BBC a couple of weeks back, topic was on the article written about Stephen Gately by some rag,all the panelists agreed the article was in bad taste but freedom of press in paramount. I agreed that the article was in bad taste, however I did not feel the press had the right to print such false and insensitive garbage. Have never bought the Sunday world and this latest sad and pathetic effort to sell papers maddens me. Gas chamber for the photographer & editor.

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 01, 2009, 09:46:10 PM
I wouldn't pass much remarks of hereiam as here clearly has not been effected by suicide before so doesn't understand that these people are ill and are not thinking straight. All they are looking for is a means to die and nothing else matters. The Sunday World has scrapped a barrel where no others have gone. They take great pride in uncovering scum bags well they need look no further than their own editor in future.
Well said .. I think though that an ap*l*gy on the board from h*****m might be in order. Don't want everyone to think that he is a thoughtless and half-witted c**t!

Zapatista

I would find it hard to believe that any Irish person over the age of 18 hasn't been affected by suicide.

Never ever pay money for crap like the sunday world. It's hard to believe that this shit tabloid has been read and believed by Irish people for years.

tyrone girl

Absolutely horrific - sickened me to the core. Sunday World always has been a sc**bag newspaper and always will be but tis a sad day when they think printing something like that will help their sales or whatever - sincerely hope it backfires on them.

Its a sad society and world we live in that a young man and his family couldnt have been afforded a little dignity.

vav

Haven't seen the image nor do I care to. I can't believe anybody could take such a picture nevermind sell it on to newspapers to make a profit on someone else's death. f**king sc**bag. Then for the paper to print it with no regard for the man's family, friends, community or that of anyone who has been affected by suicide, or even the kids who see it displayed in shops is absolutely abysmal.

Please God the man in the photograph has found his peace. My prayers are with his family now at a time made a million times worse by these profiteering scum.