Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Roll on the 16th of July if this shit between baggio and Syf rumbles on all week.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rrhf

Have Roscommon ever beaten Tyrone in anything. Can't see that changing soon.

Baggio90

Quote from: rrhf on July 08, 2018, 06:09:25 PM

Careful now, some of these lads are very sensitive about this.

seafoid

Unfortunately Tyrone didn'tmanage to get out of Ulster any time Ros had a good team. Tyrone won their first Ulster in Football  in 1956. Ros had 2 Sams by then
Football didn't actually start in 03.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Baggio90

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2018, 06:14:27 PM
Unfortunately Tyrone didn'tmanage to get out of Ulster any time Ros had a good team. Tyrone won their first Ulster in Football  in 1956. Ros had 2 Sams by then

It certainly seems to have ended for Galway post 2003.

Rossfan

I remember we bet then in a League match in Dungannon in the days when  the NFL  started in Autumn.
I also seem to recall we bet them in the League in 2003 in the Hyde. It sticks in the mind because it may have been their only defeat that year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

If the CCCC fix this game to take place before 1956,  then we are in big trouble.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2018, 06:40:29 PM

If the CCCC fix this game to take place before 1956,  then we are in big trouble.

This attitude is going to age very badly.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 06:41:05 PM

Chill out and enjoy the build up to the game Syferus, you aren't going to turn this into a grudge match no matter how hard you try. Anyway, my response was directed more at Seafoid's tedious interjections into Tyrone related threads than any particular dig at Roscommon. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Roscommon play live, they appear to be a decent attacking team though I must admit I haven't followed them very closely. Hopefully it l should be a good marker for where Tyrone are at with respect to being able to deal with a potent attack, whilst being able to keep a few more men in advanced positions. Back at Croke Park for the first time since the nightmare last summer too throws another little dynamic into the mix. We'll know a lot more about whether our style has really advanced over the past 12 months by this time next week.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 06:41:05 PM

How many Tyrone men do you personally know  ??  You seem to have a really irrational hatred for people  you dont know ....

I have the  height of respect for the county that brought us Plunkett Donaghy, Frank Mcguigan, Eugene McKenna, the mad goalie Skelton and art McRory as shrewd a football man as I ever met. I regret they not winning in 1986 only next to our losses in 80 and 91......

But then Syferus I had personal exposure to the state supported bullying that the men of 86 suffered most nights and as a result will always respect the GAA in Tyrone even if I have little time for their current mgmt or his autocratic rule and questionable tactics...

I do not speak for all Rossies nor  ever pretend to,  but my opinion would be more widespread than the questionable  "hate" you peddle

Itchy

Ros could win this. Tyrone better defensively than Ros and Ros have better forwards than Tyrone.

seafoid

This is the big match for the 2 qualifiers. Lose it and the going gets much harder.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyHarp

Quote from: Itchy on July 08, 2018, 07:53:24 PM
Ros could win this. Tyrone better defensively than Ros and Ros have better forwards than Tyrone.

Genuine question - which of their forwards are better than Matty Donnelly, Niall Sludden or Peter Harte?

Orchard park

I suppose we playing with 5 forwards is an improvement....

Only sludden is a forward in the mickey Harte world of football . And hd is a very good one too.  Where is Mattie Donnelly normally played rf does he even know after so many positions.

Diarmuid, both Smith's and Cathal Cregg would be starters on the Tyrone forwards i think.....

rodney trotter

Lee Brennan was quality against Roscommon at minor and u21 level.. Is he back to fitness? Looked good early stages of the League

Diarmuid murtagh. Cathal Gregg and the the Smith's are great forwards