Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on June 21, 2016, 11:42:12 PM
I blame the education system in Queen's County, and their shortage of abacus's (or is it abaci?).

Have they no fingers?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: armaghniac on June 21, 2016, 11:56:26 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 21, 2016, 11:42:12 PM
I blame the education system in Queen's County, and their shortage of abacus's (or is it abaci?).

Have they no fingers?

Laois people only have six fingers on each hand.

Over the Bar

At this rate Armagh gaa could go back the the doldrums of the 1980s when the county board had to put ads in the Observer asking fans to attend championship games!  :-\

Ulick

In fairness there were more Armagh people there than Laois supporters. However entrances prices are scandalous for what's on offer. I won't be back.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Ulick on June 22, 2016, 06:57:00 AM
In fairness there were more Armagh people there than Laois supporters. However entrances prices are scandalous for what's on offer. I won't be back.

How much was it in?
I thought €25 was steep for a stand ticket for the Tyrone v Cavan game too
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tonto1888

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on June 21, 2016, 11:18:28 PM
GAA Statement
Following an enquiry form the CCCC arising from the Round 1A Football Qualifier between Laois v Armagh on Saturday June 18, it has been confirmed that one extra substitute was used by Laois in error.

CCCC have proposed in accordance with rule, that this game should be replayed on Saturday July 2 at 3.0 in Portlaoise.

Laois have accepted this proposal.

So the CCCC "proposed" that the game should be replayed and Laois County Board accepted (foolishly in my opinion).
Some years ago Laois offered Carlow a replay when an obvious wide was flagged as a point - the honourable thing to do (Laois won the replay).

The honourable thing for Armagh to do if they were unhappy with last Saturday was to come out and appeal and not hide behind the skirts of the CCCC.

I don't think this is anything to do with Armagh. We didn't ask for this as far as I can see

The Trap

So how do the Armagh players feel about this? Surely after the game there was the usual end of season chat, thanks to everyone, relief its over in some quarters I'm sure.......glad to get back to club football, plan a break/holiday, have a few beers etc......then all of a sudden you are called back to training......couldn't be easy?

Ulick

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 22, 2016, 08:02:34 AM
Quote from: Ulick on June 22, 2016, 06:57:00 AM

How much was it in?
I thought €25 was steep for a stand ticket for the Tyrone v Cavan game too

€20 for adults and €5 for children (including infants and tots). That was €65 in for us plus, diesel, food and snacks and then a meal on the way home. Wouldn't have minded the €20 even if it was exorbitant but the charge for toddlers left a very bad taste. It was cheaper to get into the Rackard & Ring finals in Croker the other week ffs.

T Fearon

I copped for a fecking DKNY handbag in Kildare Village for the missus on the way home too.😖

illdecide

Quote from: Gael85 on June 21, 2016, 11:36:32 PM
Will John O'Loughlin be suspended for this game?

No his suspension is up and is free to play against Armagh, the game was counted so he's free to play.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Unlaoised

Quote from: illdecide on June 22, 2016, 09:10:08 AM

No his suspension is up and is free to play against Armagh, the game was counted so he's free to play.

If the game is null and void and its not a replay of the game its the original game again then how is he allowed play????

This is a farce.....

Laois all them years ago offered Carlow a replay when the officals got a laois score wrong which tv pictures showed it was wide ....

Laois again have showed sportsmanship by accepting this decesion without contest....

With the whole fiasco of Nolan park and now this it seems the powers to be have it in for the O'Moore county....

Ps.I remember the Carlow gate in the early 90s the crowd that turned up for the replay was unreal I don't think we will see such a crowd here!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
LAOIS ABÚ

gaa.boy

More importantly, the result was the only one that let me down in my 5 team accumulator!! Will the CCC 'recommend' that paddy power gives me my stake back, or pays out on the 4 viable results and one non-runner??  ;)

BennyCake

Quote from: gaa.boy on June 22, 2016, 09:46:23 AM
More importantly, the result was the only one that let me down in my 5 team accumulator!! Will the CCC 'recommend' that paddy power gives me my stake back, or pays out on the 4 viable results and one non-runner??  ;)

Wondered that myself.

Armamike

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 22, 2016, 09:44:15 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 22, 2016, 09:10:08 AM

If the game is null and void and its not a replay of the game its the original game again then how is he allowed play????

This is a farce.....

Laois all them years ago offered Carlow a replay when the officals got a laois score wrong which tv pictures showed it was wide ....

Laois again have showed sportsmanship by accepting this decesion without contest....

With the whole fiasco of Nolan park and now this it seems the powers to be have it in for the O'Moore county....

Ps.I remember the Carlow gate in the early 90s the crowd that turned up for the replay was unreal I don't think we will see such a crowd here!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sportsmanship or pragmatism?  Would Laois have been turfed out if they lost an appeal against this?
That's just, like your opinion man.

The Boy Wonder

Laois should have called CCCC's bluff and not accepted replay proposal.
There were then 2 options
1.  a fine for Laois
2.  Laois thrown out - Clare would get a bye in Qualifier Round 2

The absence of sportsmanship on the Armagh side should be plain for all to see.
There couldn't get through front door or back door so they sneak in through an open window.
It's not too late for them to redeem themselves and refuse replay.