All-Ireland Football Qualifiers 2016

Started by Tony, June 07, 2016, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave like the tv channel

Fine. If they screwed up, they screwed up. But the seventh sub was made in the 73rd minute. Did it have any real impact on the outcome? Armagh should refuse the win.

It seems it's ok to cheat and dive and feign injury to win, but using an extra sub in the last minute of injury time means you're thrown out of the competition? Pure BS, that's what it is.

There's precedence anyway, where Cork used an extra sub and were made replay the match.

Dave like the tv channel

It is a valid question though. Who is responsible for the count?

Giovanni

I don't understand. Is it the number of subs used or the allegation that we had 16 players in the field at one stage?

If the issue is the number of subs used, the entire organisation of the games by the GAA has to be called into question. No substitution can be made without the agreement of the referee (and presumably the 4th official on the sideline). Each substitution that is made is documented and reported to the officials.  If the referee consents to a substitution then it must be considered legal (in the same way that if the referee adjudicates on a square ball or any other part of the game, there is no basis for appeal). Surely to God, it's up the games' officials to ensure substitution rules are followed in the same way that the other rules of the game are followed. If we're thrown out of the championship for that, my shillings will be going for different causes in the future.

ILikeStrawberryJam

Supposedly laois checked with the 4th offical and he okd the 7th sub as one
Was a blood sub ..

Cant see them anything coming from but the way the suits have carried on this
Year towards laois you'd never know ..
"We'll show those Laois upstarts not to complain about fixtures ever again"

GAA has been a shambles this year ..

SCFC

I'd rather we be thrown out than a replay. That was a dreadful game on Saturday. Armagh are poor.  Don't want to look at them for another 70 minutes.

Giovanni

According to the radio this morning, the responsibility for the number of substitutions lies with the county and not with the officials. If that is so, then how come Armagh weren't able to simply throw their substitute on when they wanted to?? They couldn't because there are rules and procedures and those rules and procedures are overseen by the referee and the 4th official. But now, it seems, that this particular rule of the game has nothing to do with the officials and the penalties can be either a fine, a requirement to replay the game or the forfeiture of the game. This seems totally ludicrous. What in the name of God is the 4th official doing in this case?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Giovanni on June 21, 2016, 09:30:09 AM
According to the radio this morning, the responsibility for the number of substitutions lies with the county and not with the officials. If that is so, then how come Armagh weren't able to simply throw their substitute on when they wanted to?? They couldn't because there are rules and procedures and those rules and procedures are overseen by the referee and the 4th official. But now, it seems, that this particular rule of the game has nothing to do with the officials and the penalties can be either a fine, a requirement to replay the game or the forfeiture of the game. This seems totally ludicrous. What in the name of God is the 4th official doing in this case?
I would agree with you here.
It just shouldn't be possible to bring on an extra substitute, surely the officials should be keeping this correct.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony

You'd rather we be thrown out Scfc? Great attitude there.

No news about weather we're replaying or not.

This team has made a lot of progress since cunningham came in. I for one definitely want to see the rest of the year to see how we do. We could potentially get to 1/4final.

Any laois supporter who doesn't want to see that, after we legitimately beat armagh. . Not sure why you even bother. These lads have worked hard for months. If it's a replay, so be it. Ideally it's a fine. Or best case scenario, the fourth official is at fault and he gets to stand in the bold corner for a few minutes.

maccer

Surely it's the 4th official's responsibility to oversee substitutions. It's very haphazard the way substitutions work. The soccer style would have resolved the Armagh error. Make the sub wait on the line until the man you're replacing makes his way over rather than the sub rushing on to the field trying to grab everyone's attention. Maybe they should also look at the rugby system and allow teams empty the bench given the high intensity of games nowadays. I know it might effect the flow of the game but having a clock you stop ala rugby would solve that

High Fielder

If they order a replay, Armagh should concede the game. They lost on the day fair and square. Either way, I would refuse to replay the match. These GAA heads have been busting our balls all year and it's time we stood up for ourselves. They are making something out of nothing and creating publicity.

OTF

Forget about the 4th official,surly to jasus there's someone in the Laois camp able to count to 6.

Tony

There should be a rule that trumps all other rules in the book, and that's called "THE COMMON SENSE RULE".

Unfortunately the GAA rarely use the common sense rule, but we clearly won the game, fair and square and there was zero malice in the substitution. It was an oversight and these things do happen.

Likely we will be forced to replay, but like high fielder says, hopefully Armagh will forfeit.

I certainly would forefit if I knew the game was won fair and square. The GAA may not have common sense, but I hope Armagh cancel that out with their decency and integrity.

portlaoisekid

In terms of a replay, if Laois are found guilty of breaking the rules does that mean last Saturday's match become null and void ?? If so does that mean Laois still have home advantage and it means jol is still suspended ...

ILikeStrawberryJam

Jaysus tony i cant see Armagh forfeiting the game. They would love to get Laois in their backyard ..
They would hardly turn that down ..