Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnnycool on April 15, 2024, 08:11:35 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 14, 2024, 06:28:52 PMIt's f**king depressing. Year after year Petrostate FC sweeping up all around them.

Teams with the most money buy the best players.

When has it ever been any different?

Not in my lifetime.

City have been spending above the budget cap and cooking the books to hide it. Their accounting and law department is bigger than the FA complete administrative organisation.
Would have been nice for another club to win PL but I'm hoping Liverpool can finish second for moral bragging rights if nothing else. On another subject I think Villa are doing a fantastic job this year and making the three above them look silly like Watkins is only one goal off PL top scorer.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

tiempo

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 15, 2024, 09:17:16 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on April 15, 2024, 09:03:27 AMI have to say Peter Drury wore me down a little yesterday. Repeatedly roaring "And Bakayo Saka" or "And Leandro Trossard" with every half chance. Maybe I should have put this in the gear grinding thread.  ;D

They're all so shouty nowadays. More noticeable on the highlights on ssn. Painful

Brian Moore - "it's up for grabs now" Anfield 89 and Jimmy Smyth - Down Derry 94 the best 2 commentators in my opinion, a joy to listen to and sorely missed

Armamike

And despite Villa's performances this season Emery never gets linked with the likes of Liverpool and other top teams.  Ok, he didn't do great at Arsenal, but he's a very good manager.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: lurganblue on April 15, 2024, 09:03:27 AMI have to say Peter Drury wore me down a little yesterday. Repeatedly roaring "And Bakayo Saka" or "And Leandro Trossard" with every half chance. Maybe I should have put this in the gear grinding thread.  ;D

They're all so shouty nowadays. More noticeable on the highlights on ssn. Painful

Fletcher very much like this.
That's just, like your opinion man.

lurganblue

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 15, 2024, 09:58:58 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 14, 2024, 06:28:52 PMIt's f**king depressing. Year after year Petrostate FC sweeping up all around them.

Not in my lifetime.

City have been spending above the budget cap and cooking the books to hide it. Their accounting and law department is bigger than the FA complete administrative organisation.
Would have been nice for another club to win PL but I'm hoping Liverpool can finish second for moral bragging rights if nothing else. On another subject I think Villa are doing a fantastic job this year and making the three above them look silly like Watkins is only one goal off PL top scorer.

Watkins has went up a level this year. He should go to the euros but Southgate is reluctant to change his style to suit him when Kane is unavailable.

The likes of tielemans on a free has been great business. I don't think he's a guaranteed starter if the squad is fully fit but by God has he been useful for large parts of the season.

johnnycool

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 15, 2024, 09:58:58 AM

Not in my lifetime.

The budget cap came in to stymy the likes of City, PSG and now Newcastle as the old guard looked to preserve their dominance, but there's always been rich clubs with more money than others.

If these lads were coming in like the Glazers and leveraging a huge debt on the club that they maybe couldn't service then that needs controlled, but new money not being leveraged onto the club should be fine.

As much as I think Everton have been harshly treated they were living beyond their means and the PL were right to say stop.

Forest allegedly say their new owner is able to pay off their overspends without blinking an eye, so maybe why not?

Milltown Row2

Embarrassing, that lad wouldn't play a minute the rest of the season
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: tiempo on April 15, 2024, 10:12:53 AM

Brian Moore - "it's up for grabs now" Anfield 89 and Jimmy Smyth - Down Derry 94 the best 2 commentators in my opinion, a joy to listen to and sorely missed

Moore, Davies Motson, be like listening to poetry compared to this current batch of shouters

Ps that's embarrassing from Chelsea, hammering the Ev and still managing to make fools of themsleves

jcpen

Everton blessed that there is 3 teams worse than them yet again. They will avoid relegation.
lose loose mange

square_ball

And Sean Dyche lucky that Everton have no money to sack him. 1 win in 15 games is atrocious form.

johnnycool

Quote from: jcpen on Today at 05:51:00 AMEverton blessed that there is 3 teams worse than them yet again. They will avoid relegation.

They need two more wins and with Forest up next at Goodison I'd suggest that needs to be one of them, but Forest are a better all round team so Everton may well be looking for the other three to keep fĂșcking up.

Quote from: square_ball on Today at 08:09:09 AMAnd Sean Dyche lucky that Everton have no money to sack him. 1 win in 15 games is atrocious form.

The boardroom is in limbo, so theres no one capable of sacking him due to the new ownership saga which is another mess in itself...