Kilkenny county board and football

Started by Jinxy, February 29, 2012, 10:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on May 31, 2012, 02:19:20 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 31, 2012, 02:17:39 PM
One of these men is a senior intercounty footballer.....
Exactly, it's supposed to be a junior match. The Kilkenny boy looks the part.

How can a senior footballer be allowed to play junior?

Will McGeeney do absolutely anything to win a medal?
;)

Donnellys Hollow

Earley didn't play county championship last year so is eligible for this grade. It's just a handy way of getting a few matches under his belt to help with his recovery. Would hardly describe last night as a workout though.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnneycool

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 31, 2012, 02:38:06 PM
Earley didn't play county championship last year so is eligible for this grade. It's just a handy way of getting a few matches under his belt to help with his recovery. Would hardly describe last night as a workout though.

I thought he did line out for Kildare, or are you talking about club championship?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: johnneycool on May 31, 2012, 04:04:05 PM

I thought he did line out for Kildare, or are you talking about club championship?

He actually hasn't played senior club championship in Kildare (prior to the first round this year) since 2009 so he's eligible for the county junior team this year until he makes an appearance for the Kildare seniors in the championship. At that stage he will no longer be eligible for selection with the juniors.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Who is the Kildare manager? what sort of malicious hoor would put Dermot Early in full forward on that poor chap ? :D

boojangles

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 31, 2012, 04:19:38 PM

He actually hasn't played senior club championship in Kildare (prior to the first round this year) since 2009 so he's eligible for the county junior team this year until he makes an appearance for the Kildare seniors in the championship. At that stage he will no longer be eligible for selection with the juniors.

If he played Inter-County Championship last year does that not make him ineligible? I know it does in Cavan's case.

Ard-Rí

Quote from: Jinxy on May 31, 2012, 03:33:32 PM
It was for that poor KK lad.

He held Earley to two points, or so the story goes.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: boojangles on May 31, 2012, 10:40:30 PM

If he played Inter-County Championship last year does that not make him ineligible? I know it does in Cavan's case.

He hasn't featured in a championship match for Kildare since the quarter final win after Meath in 2010 when he went off injured after a few minutes.

Syferus

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 01, 2012, 01:53:43 AM
Quote from: boojangles on May 31, 2012, 10:40:30 PM

He hasn't featured in a championship match for Kildare since the quarter final win after Meath in 2010 when he went off injured after a few minutes.

My dad and I were there that day, the Roscommon/Cork quarter-final was the earlier game. It was probably the most disapointing act of the day for my dad, who honour of playing for Michael Glavey's alongside Dermot snr. and the prospect of seeing Roscommon and Dermot Earley playing in Croke Park again, albeit in different generations and jerseys, warmed the cockles.

He was pretty circumspect about it last August when we asked him at the Dermot Earley snr. memorial unveiling in Gorthaganny but it's great to see it looking like he's finally over-coming the knee injury.

It's so wonderful to see how Dermot jnr. has embodied the same qualities on and off the field that his father did. Few players deserve a bit of luck - and an All-Ireland - as much as he does.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 31, 2012, 10:09:39 PM
Who is the Kildare manager? what sort of malicious hoor would put Dermot Early in full forward on that poor chap ? :D

Maybe the KK management sent him out to go man-to-man on Earley?  A black and amber jersey hasn't been stretched like that since I retired!!!!

WeeDonns

The Kilkenny footballer who marked Dermot Earley has seen the funny side of it
today at 8:04 am
Paul Donnelly, the Kilkenny footballer who starred in this week's most shared story on JOE, has seen the funny side of things.
Donnelly was the Kilkenny full back in Wednesday night's Leinster JFC game against Kildare, when at one stage he found himself in the same sphere of existence as the Lilywhites' double All Star Dermot Earley.
The striking difference in physique between the pair struck a chord with Facebook and Twitter users yesterday, with our counters showing well over 300 shares on the story as of this morning.
But instead of taking anything to heart Donnelly was sportingly getting into the spirit of things on his own Twitter account.

He first changed his biog...

and then posted a number of humorous tweets about the picture.

Not everyone saw the funny side of it though, with Irish Examiner GAA journalist John Fogarty once again underlining his pressing need for a sense of humour transplant:

Update: John Fogarty has confirmed via Twitter today that he is heading in for surgery. So the sense of humour should be in fine working order again any day now!

Main pic via the man himself, @pauldonnelly21.

thejuice

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=253691

Nicky Brennan happy with savings the cats make on not spending on football. Followed up by the 71 point defeat by Wexford minors (17-20 to 0-00).

My admiration for Kilkenny hurling goes out the window when I see that crap.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Just got there ahead of me, it is amazing a man with such a terrible attitude made it so far in the GAA.