Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

That dig in the head magill took must have been very serious because he has taken the tones job :) ;) I hear he has started special diets and stuff with the lads and all. But this could be shite as lurgan is a sesspit for rumours.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

altovito

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 25, 2008, 02:48:42 PM
That dig in the head magill took must have been very serious because he has taken the tones job :) ;) I hear he has started special diets and stuff with the lads and all. But this could be shite as lurgan is a sesspit for rumours.

not 2 long ago clannagael were in the same division as the tones are in now.if ohagan and diarmuid retire u could be bck in it very soon

illdecide

Quote from: altovito on January 25, 2008, 03:12:33 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on January 25, 2008, 02:48:42 PM

not 2 long ago clannagael were in the same division as the tones are in now.if ohagan and diarmuid retire u could be bck in it very soon

Well there was a slight difference. We came straight back up with almost a perfect record, the Tones almost got relegated to div 3 and only stayed up with the skin of their bell ends.

Anyhow you lot seem to enjoy that div as you have permanent residence in it now ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

And going down to that same division where ther Tones were and still are was a complete humiliation for our whole cub and every player involved. But guess what, we got two good men at the helm and made use of Clans people and came straight back up the following year and reached a championship final. We didn't bring any mercenaries in to help us out of the mess we had got ourselves into. You say we could be back in that league again when o Hagan and Diarmuid leave. If this is the case then at least we can count on a local derby game with theTones that is providing you don't go down.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: illdecide on January 25, 2008, 12:34:15 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on January 25, 2008, 12:02:01 PM
QuoteMr M Magill from Co Down. £120 a week + expenses. Has he 2 all-irelands or just 1?

That's what I heard rumoured but was surprised by it.  Thanks for confirming.  I wonder what the connection was to bring him from Warrenpoint to Derrymacash?

From memory, I think he has one All Ireland, not sure about 2, but I stand to be corrected.  I remember he had to stop playing due to a serious head injury, he was told that one more heavy knock to the head could kill him. 

Don't know what prior managerial experience he has, maybe just cutting his teeth with the Tones.

You would have thought they would have learned their lesson last year with a rookie manager. But i suppose you have to start somewhere. A member of the tones committee told me 2 weeks ago before M Magill was appointed that they would never go down the road of paying anyone to manage their club ::) ::)

I only seen them once last year but it was quite clear what their problem was, to many big dirty bastards with no football in them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

Pints i think that is the best one you have ever came out with :D :D

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Spiritof98

When do the Championship draws be made for the Football and Hurling, prob been said before but Im on a flying visit.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Spiritof98 on January 28, 2008, 02:49:04 PM
When do the Championship draws be made for the Football and Hurling, prob been said before but Im on a flying visit.

Check a few pages back lad!

illdecide

Unless i picked it up wrong I think Armagh v Roscommon is scheduled for Davitt Park, not sure what date that is but i heard them complaining the other night about the availability of the pitch as Armagh hurlers were looking to train on the pitch as well :o :o

TacadoirArdMhacha

Got the aul fella one of them season tickets for the NFL for Christmas and I'm fairly sure it says all the home games are in Cross. Could have have changed though I suppose.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 28, 2008, 08:29:29 PM
Got the aul fella one of them season tickets for the NFL for Christmas and I'm fairly sure it says all the home games are in Cross. Could have have changed though I suppose.

Can you get them on the gate on Sunday? How much?