American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Rams find a way to win after almost blowing it.

Muck Savage

ONeill

Finally the play offs catch fire. The other games were dour. This was brilliant.

Might be it for Brady
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Gabriel_Hurl

thewobbler

Maybe the greatest game of all time

gawa316

Wow what a finish to that game. Was hoping for a buffalo win with Josh Allen being from the Central Valley but not to be

Captain Obvious

Topped the drama from the previous game. Mahomes some man for one man.

Muck Savage

Pity that it was decided by the toss of a coin. Two QB's at the peak of their games, could have gone all night.

NetNitrate

Brilliant game but a shocker for Buffalo to let Chiefs down the field with 13 seconds left. Their tackling was awful all night. It's a terrible overtime rule. Chiefs should win from here.

ONeill

Those last 2 mins of regulation time were as crazy as you'll get.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Wasn't able to hang on past the first half last night but watched the highlights there... WOW! 

You'll be hard pushed to find any better sporting moments this year than those last 2 minutes.

gallsman

What a weekend. Incredible stuff. Feel so sorry for the Bills but Chiefs deserved it just as much as them

lurganblue

4 absolutely brilliant games.  Top playoff weekend. 

Where does it leave it.  49ers v Rams is very evenly matched.  Their regular season game a few weeks ago was brilliant.

You'd maybe expect the Chiefs to win their game but no doubt that the bengals offence can get joy.

thewobbler

Chiefs have to be clear favourites because they've got the most complete QB by a distance. And while it's very easy to see Burrow and Chase combining for 300 yards and multiple TDs, they probably need 500 yards and 5 TDs.

On paper Rams have more potential than 49ers  to give Chiefs a game in the Super Bowl, as I'm not sure even Mahomes gets away from their pass rush unscathed. But whereas Rams have all season seemed weaker than the sum of their parts, 49ers seem quite accepting that they've got more or less no QB and it seems to have galvanised them. As they showed against both Dallas and GB, their defence doesn't get flustered by big name QBs, and the 3 simple outs of Mitchell, Samuel and Kittle means that same D tends to get a long rest between drives.

I'm going for 49ers to win a low scoring SuperBowl over KC. There's just something wonderfully simple and efficient about how the 49ers play that could see them spoiling the party from here in.