Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Following on from movies that you love or hate anyone have any films that we may not have seen and can suggest we watch.

For those who like true story films like Coach Carter I say get Invincible, great show.

Donagh

Quote from: corn02 on October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM
Following on from movies that you love or hate anyone have any films that we may not have seen and can suggest we watch.

For those who like true story films like Coach Carter I say get Invincible, great show.

Death Proof and Planet Terror. Thought both of them were very good. The first is a Tarantino chick flick, if you can imagine such a thing, and the second a very funny gore fest from Robert Rodriguez. The two films were originally meant to be screened together under the name Grindhouse, but you can get both of them separately now.

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

stpauls

Donagh, they were released in the states as one movie, but were always going to be released seperatly over here. i heard the reviews on them were not great!

haven't been to the cinema recently, so can't really recommend anything!! Sorry!

behind the wire

Has anyone got any info on the film that is supposed to be made about american boxer Micky Ward? i heard Matt Damon was meant to be in it but havent heard anything about it in a while now.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Anyone seen that new vampire one (or heard any reports)?
30 nights or something, I think its called.
Tbc....

behind the wire

cheers hardstation. sounds like it should be a good movie when it eventually arrives. if its as good as the last movie made about an irish american boxer (cinderella man) it wont be half bad!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

stpauls

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 23, 2007, 11:14:05 AM
Anyone seen that new vampire one (or heard any reports)?

i haven't seen it but i have seen th trailers on the tv and looks pretty good if you like vampire flicks!!

ziggysego

Saw Rendition at the weekend. Very good show, but I heard it did poorly at the US Box Office. The subject matter could be the reason though.
Testing Accessibility

whiskeysteve

I'll Kill You... I'll Bury You... I'll Spit On Your Grave Too!
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

el_cuervo_fc

What about SAW IV anyone seen it yet?  Haven't heard any reports good or bad

Rav67

I've been told Dead Man's Shoes is a great film I'm going to watch it tonight

magpie seanie

QuoteAnyone seen that new vampire one (or heard any reports)?

Its called "30 days of night" but my brother saw it recently and suggested changing the last word of the name to a rhyming word beginning with sh.

whiskeysteve

agreed Rav. The film I most want to see right now. Looked up a couple of clips on youtube there. 'What the f**k are you looking at?' 'At you, you ****!!!' All the local drug dealers shiteing themselves!!

Homer

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 23, 2007, 12:18:59 PM
I'll Kill You... I'll Bury You... I'll Spit On Your Grave Too!

Thats a bit harsh Steve, Ziggy was just suggesting a movie.  ;)