Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: keep her low this half on June 13, 2022, 03:47:14 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 13, 2022, 01:55:01 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 13, 2022, 12:13:47 AM
Off topic but I'm not sure why any nationalist should play for the north now anyway.

Agreed or take MBE-Paddy Barnes wee toad
Taking a MBE is way worse than representing NI at Sport. Glorifying the British Empire, disgusting

Lets no stop there, we should tar and feather anyone who has taken up government roles within Stormont, the bastards!! Or cnuts that sit with the policing board
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 03:43:10 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 13, 2022, 02:16:36 PM
Here is a clip of Bingham before that notorious game in Belfast.
If I remember correctly he was doing the same style of 'orchestra conducting' when Jimmy Quinn put OWC in the lead.
https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/1535274614452011009

He was hugely motivated to stop the Republic from qualifying for the '94 world cup, and he let his judgement slip in cajoling that particular crowd to be the 12th man for them.

Am I missing something here? Manager of one team wants to win or stop the other team from winning? His last game at Windsor as well. but he's bigot.
We'll assume he wasn't a bigot, but he wasn't stupid either. He would have known the game was going to have an extra edge to it beyond football.
There was enough security concerns beforehand and even talk of moving the game to England instead because of the volatile climate.

Silver hill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 01:43:17 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 13, 2022, 01:40:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 12:43:21 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 13, 2022, 12:32:11 PM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on June 13, 2022, 09:01:28 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 12:00:24 AM
Quote from: red hander on June 12, 2022, 11:54:55 PM
You lost me at Gerry Armstrong. You were doing so well, too.

Gerry played for the Johnnies in Belfast, few championships too no doubt on a very good club team..

Also won an All Ireland Hurling Vocational Schools

And to be fair, he has deleted hurling and gaelic football entirely from his memory.

Since when? there was a doc on not so long ago and he was up at Corrigan talking with old team mates, so unless he's had some onset of something lately I doubt it

One documentary in which he was forced to visit a gaelic pitch. Otherwise, how often has he talked about football or hurling or even attended a gaelic match?

He was also standing and I didn't see any gun to his head forcing him to be there.. How many documentaries do you have to do? 4 5 maybe?

So from being deleted from his memory to actually talking about it a few years ago, I don't know what you are looking?

Just sit this one out

I was at a lunch 20 years ago with work and was in the company of Gerry Armstrong and billy Hamilton. You can only take people as you see them and my opinion of Armstrong was that of the quintessential Castle Catholic whilst Hamilton was as sound as you could meet, humble, engaging, gregarious.
Armstrong took the soup and falls over himself to ingratiate himself with the Ni fan base and all that's associated with that. Nothing I've seen or heard him done since would change that opinion.

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 12:31:57 AM
Some bitterness now, red handed you're some pup. Bigots and Uncle Tom.. so Billy and now Gerry .. Anton Rogan and Lennon in the same boat?

Lighten up and take your head out of your hole

Interesting. You cite Lennon and Rogan. Both of whom were booed by the bigots after choosing to play for Celtic, the former even received death threats which forced him to give up 'international' football. Thanks for making my argument for me, you utter clown 🤡. Gonna report me again for personal abuse?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on June 13, 2022, 07:23:32 PM
Some bitterness now, red handed you're some pup. Bigots and Uncle Tom.. so Billy and now Gerry .. Anton Rogan and Lennon in the same boat?

Interesting. You cite Lennon and Rogan. Both of whom were booed by the bigots after choosing to play for Celtic, the former even received death threats which forced him to give up 'international' football. Thanks for making my argument for me, you utter clown 🤡. Gonna report me again for personal abuse?

As the poster said before, they took the soup and became castle catholics a bit like SF. Going for personal abuse sums up your argument though.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Gerry seems a nice enough bloke if you can overlook the I played in Spain don't you know comment every 5 minutes. He is an IFA stooge though. He was given the task of seeing if anew anthem was needed for Norn Iron a good few years ago. After tireless research he concluded that there was no need for a change. I shit you not.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 13, 2022, 07:28:43 PM
Gerry seems a nice enough bloke if you can overlook the I played in Spain don't you know comment every 5 minutes. He is an IFA stooge though. He was given the task of seeing if anew anthem was needed for Norn Iron a good few years ago. After tireless research he concluded that there was no need for a change. I shit you not.

Can we put all the catholic sports representatives into being NI stooges?

Big list

JPGJOHNNYG

Plenty of NI players have spoken out. Paul mcveigh said he felt uncomfortable standing for GSTQ and went to the media. Jim Magilton said it was a wasted opportunity to stay at Windsor park etc

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 13, 2022, 07:48:10 PM
Plenty of NI players have spoken out. Paul mcveigh said he felt uncomfortable standing for GSTQ and went to the media. Jim Magilton said it was a wasted opportunity to stay at Windsor park etc

Is this the same Jim who worked and played for NI for many years?

Look I've no gripe with anyone playing for an international team to further their own careers

This latest spat is about calling someone a bigot for waving at the crowd and generating an atmosphere (as bad as it was at the time)

It's spiralling into one's asking why any Nationalist would represent NI, to cherry picking those that did and finding excuses of sorts when they ain't there.

While at the same time supporting SF in policing boards and in NI government!!

Personally I don't give a hoot about NI, if given the vote I'd have no hesitation, but spare me the crap about they wasted their opportunity, they had a choice they picked with their eyes wide open to go to Windsor park during those days.

As for Gerry it's a job for him, think he's living in Newtownabbey direction and making a living of his goals for NI, he was always a show off and everyone knew that, he doesn't deny it either

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 07:26:27 PM

As the poster said before, they took the soup and became castle catholics a bit like SF. Going for personal abuse sums up your argument though.

You're not above personal abuse yourself. Difference is I can take it, it's an anonymous forum after all, Mr Sensitive.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on June 13, 2022, 08:23:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 07:26:27 PM

You're not above personal abuse yourself. Difference is I can take it, it's an anonymous forum after all, Mr Sensitive.

You're not above personal abuse? So you think that its ok to personally abuse other posters because they don't share your views? Hmmmm, you threw the toys out by name calling so for me that means you actually can't take it..

general_lee

Main Street

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 13, 2022, 05:00:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 03:43:10 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 13, 2022, 02:16:36 PM
Here is a clip of Bingham before that notorious game in Belfast.
If I remember correctly he was doing the same style of 'orchestra conducting' when Jimmy Quinn put OWC in the lead.
https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/1535274614452011009

He was hugely motivated to stop the Republic from qualifying for the '94 world cup, and he let his judgement slip in cajoling that particular crowd to be the 12th man for them.

Am I missing something here? Manager of one team wants to win or stop the other team from winning? His last game at Windsor as well. but he's bigot.
We'll assume he wasn't a bigot, but he wasn't stupid either. He would have known the game was going to have an extra edge to it beyond football.
There was enough security concerns beforehand and even talk of moving the game to England instead because of the volatile climate.
So because Billy can't see into future he's a suspect bigot? Of course the game was going to have edge and Billy wanted all of that edge behind his team. And considering the  controversies, apart from  all the sectarian etc. verbals there was no violence, no pitch invasions and nothing (dangerous) thrown onto the pitch. Was that more or less fiery than a multitude of edgy derby games around Europe? And as I recounted before, post game the Linfield club members gave Charlton a prolonged standing ovation and wished him well in the USA. It's as if some nationalists want to push aside a man's life and great achievements on the  field of play, one of Ireland's great sports people and focus on a few morsels of contention at the very end of his career when he was playing for the opposition, did his job well and ended up annoying some people.

Milltown Row2

HiMucker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63006084

State of that statement from the IFA. Obviously they aren't serious about being inclusive. Not surprised.