Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: trailer on September 04, 2022, 09:36:48 PM
Reality check for Arsenal and their army of deluded fans. Utd very comfortable and reality it could have been 5 or 6-1

You talk some shite!

ONeill

That was as comfortable a match Arsenal have played in a long time. Brentford couldn't get near the ball.

There wasn't one performance below 7/10 although Partey was a bit rusty.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: ONeill on September 18, 2022, 08:31:53 PM
That was as comfortable a match Arsenal have played in a long time. Brentford couldn't get near the ball.

There wasn't one performance below 7/10 although Partey was a bit rusty.

Yeah partey on the whole has underwhelmed for me, bar a few good performances in his first season.

So much so that if he doesn't improve soon I'll be looking for a new general in the middle, neither him, lokonga or xhaka are top class to bring us forward

ONeill

Ah yes, there are no midfield players at Arsenal with designs of winning the league. Defensively they're getting there.

Not sold on Saka. Martinelli has it I think.

BrotherMore6592

Fair point, I hate to play the broken record but it is true - Saka gets praised as if he's the next big thing because of his nationality. If he was that good he'd be a key man in Englands team at this World Cup, I just can't see it. He does it in bits for us.

Agreed - Martinelli is dynamite, always looking to take the man on. Love watching him. Jesus has been a godsend, much better than Auba if he keeps going as he gives so much more to the team overall.

Disappointed for Tierney, he doesn't look the same man since he's come back, and zinchenko has surpassed him at this rate

JimStynes

Saka is still only 21! I get the whole inflated praise due to his nationality buts he's definitely a good player and well worth his place! I could see Tierney moving on. It's just not happening for him consistently. There was talk of him being a future captain at one stage but he's never on the pitch long enough.

Mourne Red

Jesus lads I thought Tierney played well yesterday, not much came down his or Gabriels side.. Think Zinchenko arriving will push him on

Jim Bob

Arteta seems to be a real talent spotter. The team is unrecognisable from his first game. He was able to see the potential in  Xhaka ,for example, when most were looking him out. His signings with Edu have brought Arsenal to where they are at the moment. Guardiola didn't appoint him as his assistant for nothing.

mrdeeds

Arsenal are a much better team with Partey. The record without Partey is not great. He's very solid defensively and sometimes gives the ball away as his first instinct is to go forward. Tierney was excellent yesterday. Him and Parteys main issue is injury. Saka is still playing well and has 6 goal contributions even though still not at his best.

ONeill

I'm heading over in November for a game and staying in Central London.

Stayed on the Seven Sisters once and it was fine.

That was a fine win today. Martinelli must be a nightmare to mark. Zinchenko and Jesus have brought a winning mentality with them.

I don't know what you do with Gabriel. Tired of going on about him but he'll cost you in big games. Real live brainfarts in slow motion.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: tyroneman on October 01, 2022, 03:28:38 PM
Any recommendations on where to stay if traveling over to a game?

Finsbury Park area seems handy (and relatively cheap)....but heards it's a v dodgy area?

Depends what you want? Are you just going for the match or are you making a weekend out of it? For just a match, Travelodge Finsbury is grand. Not much around it although 12 Pins pub is just around the corner. Finsbury can be dodgy enough at night.  If you want a bit of nightlife, stay in Angel, there's a Hilton, Doubletree and a premier inn surrounded by bars and restaurants. Only a short bus ride to Emirates. If your going for the weekend, you could stay virtually anywhere in London. Emirates is very well serviced by the tube, so there's no problem staying in Camden, Russell Square etc and getting the tube in for the match.

Turf

Arsenal played well but that sending off changed the game. Was never a red.

JimStynes

Paddy power be safer paying out early for Arsenal winning the league

ONeill

It's whether they can do two back-to-back titles.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Turf on October 01, 2022, 04:27:29 PM
Arsenal played well but that sending off changed the game. Was never a red.

No he only stuck the studs down the side of his leg nowhere near ball and as for changing a game Arsenal totally dominated. Spurs are essentially Stoke. Play five defenders and two holding players. Horrible negative team.