USFC Semi Final Derry v Monaghan - Live on BBC 2

Started by Spiritof98, June 14, 2007, 03:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof98

Monaghan-Derry live on BBC Two NI 

Casement Park will host the Ulster SFC semi-final on 24 June

The second Bank of Ireland Ulster Football semi-final between Derry and Monaghan on 24 June will be televised live on BBC Two Northern Ireland.
The Casement Park clash has a 1530 BST throw-in and the BBC NI broadcast will start at 1515.

BBC Northern Ireland will also have live coverage of the Ulster decider at Clones on 15 July.

Sunday's opening semi-final between Tyrone and Donegal will be live on Radio Ulster and the BBC Sport website

I'll go back if Marsdens back

tbrick18

Estimator

QuoteSurely the GAA have scored an own goal here. I know some people like to complain about the lack of coverage but this could have a big effect on the overall attendance. Neither teams have got a huge following and the fair weather supporters now have their excuse for not going.

Agree with you 100%
Ulster League Champions 2009

Donagh

I dunno, Derry have always been bad travellers but there seems to be a bit of momentum behind Monaghan at the moment after the Down games so I'd expect them to be at Casement in big numbers. If it's a good day you'll also get a fair amount of Belfast based neutrals attending. If we get good day, I'd estimate 20k regardless of whether it's televised or not. Also gives the Championship team to show us what they can do with a live match.

Rick O Shea

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 15, 2007, 11:33:12 AM
Surely the GAA have scored an own goal here. I know some people like to complain about the lack of coverage but this could have a big effect on the overall attendance. Neither teams have got a huge following and the fair weather supporters now have their excuse for not going.

But if you don't go you'll have to listen to Jerome, Jarlath & Martin...

I'm expecting a capacity crowd  :P

Estimator

QuoteQuote from: Estimator on Today at 12:14:44 PM

Surely the GAA have scored an own goal here. I know some people like to complain about the lack of coverage but this could have a big effect on the overall attendance. Neither teams have got a huge following and the fair weather supporters now have their excuse for not going.

Agree with you 100%

So you will now watch the game in Mulligans 

I ventured to Casement last week, so I think I'll make it on the 24th
Ulster League Champions 2009

tbrick18

I have a feeling there will be a good crowd regardless of the fact the game is on tv.
Although no-one in Derry is overly confident I think there is an underlying feeling that this year Derry could win ulster and as such will probably get a decent turnout. Monaghan are always well enough supported so I think we'll see a decent attendance.

Have to say though I'm still glad to see some gaa coverage (regardless of the quality of the coverage) on the bbc. Not before time.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

come on folks.. im a monaghan fan driving up from galway for the game. if u want to see it on tv then tape it.get some fresh air.. come on derry and monaghan fans ,get to casment,fill the ground,create the atmosphere.it will be a classic.... ;)