Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2022, 06:59:42 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 22, 2022, 06:49:21 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 22, 2022, 06:36:57 PM
Woeful season over with another defeat and no goal scored. Finished with a embarrassing 58 points 6 points off the previous worst PL points total for United.  Still qualified for the Europa league i think that highlights how poor this league is outside the top two.

New manager was in attendance at least he has no hair to pull out.

The top two are out of this world, the next three Chelsea (74), Spurs (71) and Arsenal (69) are decent strong sides.

Man Utd won the League with 75 points in the 96/97 Season.

How poor were the other teams then? Proper rubbish

True, that is not a reflection on Utd as Champions. The argument is that there is no one of quality outside the top two. But the points total of the next three show they are decent sides. After that there is a plethora of average sides. I do think Chelsea took things easy either side of the FA Cup final and dropped points they should have garnered. They had so much breathing space they could afford to.

stiffler

6th place is a 4 place drop on last season, and probably flatters Utd in the end up.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

clarshack

Are Utd in the conference league?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: clarshack on May 22, 2022, 08:42:51 PM
No.  5th and 6th (Arsenal, Man United) into the Europa league. West ham finished 7th and go into the conference league.

From the Bunker

Quote from: clarshack on May 22, 2022, 08:42:51 PM

Not yet, they're taking the tourist route from the Europa League!  ;)

johnnycool

Utd are clearing the decks it seems;

Paul Pogba, Edinson Cavani, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic  Jesse Lingard are all gone, Anthony Martial , Eric Bailly. Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Dean Henderson and Phil Jones probably should be leaving also.

Who's replacing them?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: johnnycool on May 24, 2022, 08:19:27 AM

Paul Pogba, Edinson Cavani, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic  Jesse Lingard are all gone, Anthony Martial , Eric Bailly. Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Dean Henderson and Phil Jones probably should be leaving also.

Who's replacing them?
It just shows how big a job Ten Hag has on his hands.
Id imagine he will bring in a few players he has worked with before who are good characters to start with. The dressing room seemed to be toxic for the last wile.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 22, 2022, 06:38:33 PM
0 Goal difference as well. Pathetic.
Only the 6th team ever to achieve this feat in the history of the Premier League!!
Fair play to them. :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armagh18

Who's replacing them?
I'd say Bailly, Martial and Wan Bissaka will stay. Not because they're any good but because realistically 10 or 11 players won't be coming in this summer. Henderson is apparently one of the leaks in the dressing room along with Lingard, if so then good riddance to both. 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 24, 2022, 09:11:23 AM

Who's replacing them?
I'd say Bailly, Martial and Wan Bissaka will stay. Not because they're any good but because realistically 10 or 11 players won't be coming in this summer. Henderson is apparently one of the leaks in the dressing room along with Lingard, if so then good riddance to both.
He probably wont be able to get shot of them all in the one window, but if offers come in I dont see Ten hag wanting to keep any of them.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Armagh18

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 24, 2022, 09:42:35 AM

Who's replacing them?
He probably wont be able to get shot of them all in the one window, but if offers come in I dont see Ten hag wanting to keep any of them.
Very very few players in the squad deserving another chance. Genuinely wouldn't be bothered by any of them leaving as the only ones who were anywhere near meeting the standards needed were Ronaldo and De Gea. Problem is who will want our cast offs on crazy money.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 24, 2022, 10:01:49 AM

Who's replacing them?
Very very few players in the squad deserving another chance. Genuinely wouldn't be bothered by any of them leaving as the only ones who were anywhere near meeting the standards needed were Ronaldo and De Gea. Problem is who will want our cast offs on crazy money.

The fact those 2 players stood out with their own limitations, Ronaldo's age and De Gea just not being the modern keeper you need now, tells you where that squad is. You could make a genuine argument to get rid of every player in the squad, including those 2 and Bruno.

Armagh18

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 24, 2022, 10:30:13 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 24, 2022, 10:01:49 AM

Who's replacing them?

The fact those 2 players stood out with their own limitations, Ronaldo's age and De Gea just not being the modern keeper you need now, tells you where that squad is. You could make a genuine argument to get rid of every player in the squad, including those 2 and Bruno.
Yeah agreed although Bruno probably has enough credit in the bank from his first season to deserve another chance, not too many others have though.

Milltown Row2

I think the manager will be best placed to see first hand what needs done and where the problems lie, whether he has enough authority to carry out a clear out and bring in what he wants is debatable.

How many people have walked into any job and seen the problems and expressed how this would best work and been told "we're on it" and feck all done?

This period reminds me of before Ferguson and even the initial period before the Robbins FA cup run, Big Ron's time was big name footballers and the odd cup win and no real effort put in but decent wages..

Maybe the new guy will be different, who knows
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

ETH is the epitome of the modern manager, I doubt he would have taken the role on without assurances that he would have final say on all comings and going regardless of who that involved or the financial implications (outgoings in the main)

ETH family are one of the wealthiest in the Holland so he has never taken any role based on what his financial gain is likely to be.

RR will have given him the inside scoop on what he thinks the issues are and then he will obviously have to make up his own mind, one of the benefits is that so many have already made the call to leave of their own accord. This give him the opportunity to really quite quickly reshape the squad which otherwise might not have been possible.

I think if he creates a hard working likeable team most fans would settle for that in the meantime until he can get them challenging again (hopefully) for the past few seasons they have been anything but likeable and that has led to the apathy around them.

Here's hoping he can at least achieve that bit quickly.