Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: Ghost on January 11, 2022, 03:36:58 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 11, 2022, 01:43:37 PM
Cavani runs into the lad and falls, because he knows he isnt gonna get to Konsa.  He's chosen the wrong angle.   Ramsey does little more than stand there.  It's soft as f*ck and you'd not want that decision to go against your own team.  The sad fact is that if the rolls were reversed, that goal stands for Utd. It would barely be examined.

Ramsey is offside, he's interfering with an active player. Foul or no foul he has no right to be making any sort of block.

Exactly.  Olivier actually deemed it not a foul but it was still offside because it met the lower threshold of interfering with a player preventing him from playing or challenging for the ball.  Cavanai probably doesn't get to the initial header if not blocked off but there's a good chance he stops it getting knocked across so easily.  Ive never liked VAR though and would rather it didnt exist.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

screenexile

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: screenexile on January 12, 2022, 04:45:02 PM
Noisy neighbours eh??

https://theathletic.com/news/manchester-city-overtook-manchester-united-for-revenue-for-the-first-time-last-season/vpJBXu8uO6fi/

So by what metric are Utd "The biggest club in the world" now??

You have to hand it to the commercial people at City. Just how do they do it!??   ;)

yellowcard

Noisy neighbours eh??

https://theathletic.com/news/manchester-city-overtook-manchester-united-for-revenue-for-the-first-time-last-season/vpJBXu8uO6fi/

Man City are almost everything that is wrong with professional football. I'm not sure they should be the barometer of anything apart from the fact that they have one of the greatest managers the game has seen. I would like to dig down deeper into those commercial Revenue figures and I'm sure there is plenty of creative accounting at play. If they didn't have the most expensive lawyers they would be currently banned from Europe.

thewobbler

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 12, 2022, 05:13:57 PM
Noisy neighbours eh??

You have to hand it to the commercial people at City. Just how do they do it!??   ;)

It's really quite mental that they will use every possible avenue to cheat the system.

It's almost at mental again that the average man on the street, instead of calling it out for systemic cheating that leads to uncompetitive sport, applauds their style of football.

I hate them.

Milltown Row2

Madrid Barcelona and United are the top three in that order.

That hasn't changed too much in many years

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/biggest-football-clubs-world-liverpool-25267037.amp
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

"Most Popular"  & "Social Media Followers" ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 12, 2022, 09:14:59 PM

You are on social media. Unfortunately that's life.

Newcastle are probably the richest club in the world

What do you base it on? League titles?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2022, 10:11:31 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 12, 2022, 09:14:59 PM

You are on social media. Unfortunately that's life.

Newcastle are probably the richest club in the world

What do you base it on? League titles?
Social media following isn't a measure of how one can determine the biggest clubs in the world ;D
They are the richest in the world. Doesn't make them a big club though.
I base it off everything, not social media followers haha

Milltown Row2

Ok, so I'll ask again what are you basing the best teams in the world?

And put up a list while you're at it

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2022, 10:31:23 PM

Snd put up a list vehicle you're at it
Put the bottle down.
Basing it off everything, not social media followers my god that's hilarious, by your logic PSG are a bigger club than Bayern Munich ;D
Why do you care anyway, sure you don't support United as you keep telling us  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 12, 2022, 10:36:36 PM

Put the bottle down.
Basing it off everything, not social media followers my god that's hilarious, by your logic PSG are a bigger club than Bayern Munich ;D
Why do you care anyway, sure you don't support United as you keep telling us  ;D

I'm not talking about Utd, why are you bringing them into this?

So by your logic, (getting bored of asking now) what list can you show and based on what?

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2022, 10:41:52 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 12, 2022, 10:36:36 PM

Put the bottle down.

I'm not talking about Utd, why are you bringing them into this?

So by your logic, (getting bored of asking now) what list can you show and based on what?
You are, you put in a post about who has the most social media followers because you were trying to stick up for United.
By my logic what? According to your logic having the most plenty of social media followers can be used as a means of determining one club being bigger than another, which is bullshit as I've already pointed out.

Milltown Row2

I put up a link that showed most popular or biggest supported, other than that I've no idea what you are on about.

You've lost the run of yourself and not for the first time

So one more time, put up any list you want and base it on whatever criteria you please.