Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

would hardly say that chelsea back four is weak bar terry.agree you can get at them down their right side against ferreira or boulharouz but cole and carvalho are very good.did u see their defensive record last year, no theyv lost gallas.cudicini weak on crosses so would try get it to ronaldo and giggs imparticular and keep putting him under pressure.if i was u wud be very converned bot ur bench esp is solksjaer not fit

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteI have to agree I always have found the atmosphere of Old Trafford to be far superior to Parkhead

Snigger.

Uladh

f**king Ferdinand again. His failure to deal with a bread and butter ball cost united the match.

Square Ball

Ulagh

I think it goes back to Giggs taking the free, also agree with the man of the match award to Carrick, but Vidic ran him close thon bloke is an animal. the atmosphere was tremendous and a lot nosier than usual
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

turkey+ham

We're lucky to get away with a point today. Fergie needs to spend some serious dosh in Jan for a striker. Saha took his goal very well, but looked lost in the second half. RVN would have finished that chance where Terry slipped in front of him.
Fair play to Chelsea, they took the game to us after HT.
We're still there to be overtaken though!

Norf Tyrone

Decent game, the stero-typical game of 2 halfs. or is it halves?

Thought the ref did ok today and done well to keep his card in his pocket as much as he did.

As stated earlier Chelsea were far too exposed down the wings and came into it, when Lamps especially was given space to operate.

Tough one on Weds again...Bolton away.

Quoteagree with the man of the match award to Carrick, but Vidic ran him close thon bloke is an animal. the atmosphere was tremendous and a lot nosier than usual

I don't see what Carrick did at all? If a Man U man gets it Scholes or Ronaldo for me.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Square Ball

Carricks distribution of the ball was fantastic and ge tackled back well, played a more holding roll, while i thought Ronaldo was good Carrick was a lot better and this was one of his best displays for the reds
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

never kickt a ball

that's true mid louth. they lack someone with a bit of sense to show some leadership. A lot of their players have suspect characters. I heard it claimed that G neville said to neil lennon that Saha would miss the penalty as his head was gone. now that was the team captain. what the hell was he talking to Lennon for? Also the TV pointed out that in the same match Ronaldo tried a shot from a free 40 yards out.
Great interview with Murino though about the team being evacuated at 2am from their hotel. He laughed at the players pyjamas. I never saw him so happy before.

Barney

A fair result. A good game. But worrying signs again in the second half. Nobody on the bench that could stabilise things. If you look back on the last few games bar changing Evra/Heinze the same XI have played almost 90 minutes in each.

Vidic was class again. Heinze a big improvement on midweek. Carrick had his best game in an Alex Is God shirt! Saha took his goal well but did not capitalise on better opportunities. Great pass though by Rooney. Ronaldo disappointed me, got into plenty of great positions but again no end product.

Now we were giving out after Celtic about playing five in midfield. The second half called out for that yesterday. Essien really troubled Utd in the second half.

All in all you would have to say that when United go on the road to Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs they will be in serious jeopardy of dropping out of the title race if they do not strengthen.

BenDover

I thought Utd were asking for the Chelsea onsluaght to happen because when they came out for the second half Scholes and Carrick seemed to sit that little bit deeper with Giggs and Ronaldo also tucked in. When in fact the Utd midfield shoulda lined out further up the park. Once Utd began to struggle all Fergie had to do was drop Rooney wide on the left push Giggs in beside/front of Scholes and Carrick and play Chelsea on the counter attack. Saha was a bit unlucky clearing the corner but looked like VDS had it covered.... lack of communication prehaps?

Not a bad result but seriously need to strengthen the squad in Jan

charlie stubbs

carrick still not worth 19million.as mourinho said u will struggle after xmas as you have 2 go lpool,chelski and arsenal as well as spurs and everton.especially if you dont strengthen.if u needed a goal yday ur most creative player was fletcher on bench dont say alot.chelsea could afford to not have swp in the 16.its a marathon not a sprint

Spiritof98

Carrick - If he keeps up them performances he wont be too far off 19million. Credit were credit is due he was fantastic y'terday.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

hows she cutting

thought Carrick had a good game alright
thought Vidic was arguably better, shouldn't Drogba have been sent off for that sneaky elbow?

maxpower

agree with most comment in that united didn't play too badly but whereas chelski could bring on robben and cole united had no options, the team is strong, the suad is weak and we will suffer in the new year if we don't strenghten.
What happens next????

man in black

Quote from: maxpower on November 27, 2006, 12:22:32 PM
agree with most comment in that united didn't play too badly but whereas chelski could bring on robben and cole united had no options, the team is strong, the suad is weak and we will suffer in the new year if we don't strenghten.

Why do people refer to "we" when talking about a football team not even on the same fuckin island
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black