Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I think a lot of people are confusing Armagh's joy of winning a few matches back to back and getting a run out in Croke Park with cockiness and disregard for their opponents Galway. Bar a few kids (without sounding sexist and a few females too) majority of us know this is a tough game that can go either way and we'll have to be firing on all cylinders to win this. The thing that has the juices flowing for people is knowing the side of the draw we're on (Derry, Clare, Armagh & Galway) and winning your quarter final is a massive chance to get to an All Ireland Final (all 4 teams are secretly thinking that).
The match ups for the big players and probably the Ref will be massive in this game...every time i think it over in my head i change my mind on who will win and by how many...I'm just going to Croke Park to enjoy the game and whatever the result i'll enjoy my day (if i can stay outta the rain) and if Armagh win...GREAT. If Galway win we'll wish them the best of luck for their Semi...Enjoy the game guys...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 25, 2022, 02:17:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2022, 01:20:06 PM
Galway have won an All Ireland Mayo haven't in the past decades..

Armagh have won an All Ireland after Galway, so I am not sure that is a convincing difference.

You'd mentioned Mayo's being big players at Croke..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2022, 12:18:51 PM
Sorta coming away from my previous predictions.. Galway must be loving the hype Armagh are getting..

If Armagh were playing Mayo as Connaught champions would they be as confident?
Mayo have been playing at the highest level for a decade. They are a known quantity.
Galway aren't.  We don't know what level they are at. It could be a feast or a famine.
On the GAAboard it's the only match where predictions are split down the middle.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2022, 04:38:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2022, 12:18:51 PM
Sorta coming away from my previous predictions.. Galway must be loving the hype Armagh are getting..

If Armagh were playing Mayo as Connaught champions would they be as confident?
Mayo have been playing at the highest level for a decade. They are a known quantity.
Galway aren't.  We don't know what level they are at. It could be a feast or a famine.
On the GAAboard it's the only match where predictions are split down the middle.

It isn't every day I agree with Seafoid, but that is about it.

It seems the winners will be playing Derry anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

clarshack

Looking at the Derry game here and the standard of Ulster football Armagh will win tomorrow pulling up.

From the Bunker

Quote from: clarshack on June 25, 2022, 04:58:29 PM
Looking at the Derry game here and the standard of Ulster football Armagh will win tomorrow pulling up.

Based on what?

Blowitupref

I doubt Galway will be caught like a rabbit in the headlights like Clare today.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 25, 2022, 05:09:51 PM

No idea how we will do tomorrow but in all honesty Clare are a really average team.
Was anyone really surprised by this result today?

seafoid

A grandson of the late Dominic McGlinchey, former chief of staff of the INLA, was on the Galway minor team that beat Derry today  .

seafoid

The problem the Super 8s had was that there weren't 8 super teams in the country. There still isn't. 

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2022, 06:27:03 PM

The problem the Super 8s had was that there weren't 8 super teams in the country. There still isn't.

...... and never has been in the history of the GAA.

bennydorano

First 15 minutes going to be huge, think if either team gets a good start they'll be hard pulled back. The pessimist in me always errs on the side of caution so not full of confidence.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2022, 06:31:28 PM

Not even 6

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2022, 07:52:51 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2022, 06:31:28 PM

Not even 6

Around the early '90's Circa 1988 to 1993 - Cork, Meath, Donegal, Derry, Down and Dublin

smelmoth

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2022, 06:24:18 PM
A grandson of the late Dominic McGlinchey, former chief of staff of the INLA, was on the Galway minor team that beat Derry today  .
We are a community sport. There will always be links to all parts of the community including psychotic assholes