Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 21, 2022, 11:10:27 AM
G, u some amount of jump on the bandwagon Armagh supporters when you barely had 7k at Ballybofey. (Limited Capacity of course)

There was 10,000+ Armagh people at the league games in the Athletic grounds against Tyrone and Kerry and not many less against Monaghan. There are a good few for whom it will not be their first game.
20 years ago the Armagh championship support was about 16,000, which is a substantial proportion of the county. 
This game will attract people with Armagh connections who think that Kerry v Mayo might be interesting too.

The forecast for Sunday is a bit mixed at present, it would be nice if the rain and wind held off as it would suit Galway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

galwayman

Quote from: armaghniac on June 21, 2022, 03:18:31 PM
G, u some amount of jump on the bandwagon Armagh supporters when you barely had 7k at Ballybofey. (Limited Capacity of course)

There was 10,000+ Armagh people at the league games in the Athletic grounds against Tyrone and Kerry and not many less against Monaghan. There are a good few for whom it will not be their first game.
20 years ago the Armagh championship support was about 16,000, which is a substantial proportion of the county. 
This game will attract people with Armagh connections who think that Kerry v Mayo might be interesting too.

The forecast for Sunday is a bit mixed at present, it would be nice if the rain and wind held off as it would suit Galway.
Not so sure I agree with you there

lurganblue

Tell me this... was chatting to a lad there and he happened to say that Croke Park dont allow you to take a backpack in anymore.  Now i says, sure i was there in Jan for the league game v the dubs and brought one in no bother. 

I'm now thinking, feck could he be right.  Long oul time in Croke Park for the 2 games and the kids with me.  I need a right supply of sambos and snacks!

Anyone able to shed light on this for me?

Rossfan

They were telling people to get their bags searched last Saturday week.
But with a near full house expected that might not be feasible next Sunday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: lurganblue on June 21, 2022, 04:55:55 PM
Tell me this... was chatting to a lad there and he happened to say that Croke Park dont allow you to take a backpack in anymore.  Now i says, sure i was there in Jan for the league game v the dubs and brought one in no bother. 

I'm now thinking, feck could he be right.  Long oul time in Croke Park for the 2 games and the kids with me.  I need a right supply of sambos and snacks!

Put them in clear plastic bag and I'd say you would have no problem however many munchies you bring.

balladmaker

I'd say they're more looking for the 6-pack of cans than anything else ... or more aptly, the buckfast this Sunday  ;)

marty34

I was at Leinster Final. I had a small A4 size rucksack with a couple of bottles of water and a few treats etc.

There's a few lads on tables who 'search' anyone with a bag before you get to the turnstiles.

I use the term 'search' loosely but they have a quick rummage through it.

Bear in mind, the crowd was poor enough so no real queue at the tables.  If a big crowd, like anticipated, at the week-end, it could hold things up a bit.

Best advice is to get in early and avoid the hassle.

full moon

I'd say it will be okay if it's a schoolbag type size. I had a full bag with me last Sunday and wasn't searched for the first game but they were searching for the second match I noticed.

I imagine at worst a quick scrimmage through for any banned items and it be a few seconds. With the crowd expected they'll be fairly busy.

yellowcard

No longer tickets available to buy for the Sunday. I doubt if they'll be rummaging through bags to confiscate sandwiches on people anyway.

armaghniac

Quote from: yellowcard on June 21, 2022, 08:07:40 PM
No longer tickets available to buy for the Sunday. I doubt if they'll be rummaging through bags to confiscate sandwiches on people anyway.

If they would confiscate those bloody horns, I would be happy enough.

Manning18

Quote from: armaghniac on June 21, 2022, 03:18:31 PM

How would the wind and especially rain suit Galway? They have very little physicality all over, their whole game is based on quick counter attacking at speed, usually with the foot. Armagh are a much more physical side and would be expected to thrive in a game in the trenches. Galway rely heavily on individual moments from their best footballers, Conroy Walsh & Comer, none of whom would suit a wet day whatsoever. Both Galways Connacht wins came on hot dry days. Historically they've performed poorly when the elements have been bad. It would probably blunt Armagh's direct kicking game in alright, but that's also what Galway have been incorporating heavily also

Redhand Santa

What's the reason behind not opening the nally terrace for this? No other tickets available so you'd think they would have it open.

Wildweasel74

Little physicality, you got 3/4 lads over 6ft 4in depending on who u starting.

Manning18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 21, 2022, 10:22:56 PM
Little physicality, you got 3/4 lads over 6ft 4in depending on who u starting.

Who?

tonto1888

Quote from: balladmaker on June 21, 2022, 05:41:39 PM
I'd say they're more looking for the 6-pack of cans than anything else ... or more aptly, the buckfast this Sunday  ;)

Ah now, we put that into pepsi bottles #foolingnoone