Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: charlieTully on January 25, 2022, 06:42:51 PM
Ukraine will save the day

You could be right sadly. A clown having parties in his garden and he'll likely use something like war to cover it up and that is how little he cares about anyone.

mouview

Quote from: charlieTully on January 25, 2022, 06:42:51 PM
Ukraine will save the day

Mark Francois should be able to sort out that little imbroglio.

quit yo jibbajabba

D-day for BJ

I should write headlines for the S*n..

imtommygunn

I think I saw on a billboard yesterday that Piers Morgan was going to write for the sun. A match made in heaven that.

I would be shocked if Johnson goes anywhere.

93-DY-SAM

Johnston and every other shyster that tried to defend him should be run out of town.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 26, 2022, 09:01:29 AM
D-day for BJ

I should write headlines for the S*n..
Can we have less of the Doug Beattie type language please
Careful now

imtommygunn

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on January 26, 2022, 09:08:52 AM
Johnston and every other shyster that tried to defend him should be run out of town.

What was the latest one? He was ambushed by a cake?

These boys should be in hollywood as it's all a big act.

Square Ball

Will he survive?  he has no morals so I can't see him resigning. Not entirely sure what happens with this 1922 committee. So say 54 put the letters in, that triggers a vote of no confidence? Is it a majority wins?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

mouview

Quote from: Square Ball on January 26, 2022, 10:20:00 AM
Will he survive?  he has no morals so I can't see him resigning. Not entirely sure what happens with this 1922 committee. So say 54 put the letters in, that triggers a vote of no confidence? Is it a majority wins?

Yes, simple majority. Theresa May won a No Confidence vote 3 years ago however but was out on her ear within 6 months. Such a vote would be really divisive for the Tories I feel and hopefully lead to longer-term damage.

JPGJOHNNYG

As much as I hate Johnson what is the alternative? The other Tories will be more of the same and Keir is hardly inspiring and certainly no friend of Irish nationalists

maddog

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on January 26, 2022, 11:20:32 AM
As much as I hate Johnson what is the alternative? The other Tories will be more of the same and Keir is hardly inspiring and certainly no friend of Irish nationalists

Truss for the craic

mouview

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on January 26, 2022, 11:20:32 AM

From the Tories, Sunak or Truss would be the front-runners. Truss is a likely ally of that git Lord Frost so we could end up with him over the Brexit / NIP scene again - better get that sorted out quickly before this may happen.

Doubt if Starmer is particularly anti-Irish and is at least a far more decent person than any of the hard-right cabal now in control of the Tories. It's unlikely anyway he would gain an overall majority in a GE so it would probably be a coalition with the Lib Dems or maybe Scottish NP. Such a set-up would definitely be pro-EU and likely to lead to a softer Brexit and more normalised trading relations with the EU. Long way from that yet however.

bennydorano

You'll never know the true Starmer until he has power. Part of his current strategy is avoid Brexit, love the Fleg. It is all being very carefully played out. Lots of Labour supporters would prefer endless gutting sessions among their own rather than fighting the Tories. Starmer is a bit like Tito in Yugoslavia trying to keep a lid on the factions.

Square Ball

Loads of stories in the press saying that the rank and file Tory MPs will back BoJo if he stops the National Insurance rise. Hes gonna get away with it. Of course if he does it will be that he's a loving caring PM, and that there will be people who will believe that's is just as bad 
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

RedHand88

A version of the report going to be released at half 3. Number 10 had it at the minute.