University Ulster Derry

Started by Look-Up!, February 27, 2021, 06:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Hi all.

Mate asking about this university for his son. He's from India. What's the rep like. Would you recommend. It's a 2 year MSc in Smart Manufacturing Systems.

JimStynes

He'd be better off going to Belfast and living in the Holylands and going off the rails for a few years.

quit yo jibbajabba

Be a bit of a trek from Belfast to Derry every day just to try and get yer end away Jim 😃😉

bennydorano

Interested to hear opinions myself, my eldest lad is heading there in September. Great weekend break City anyway!

Rois

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 27, 2021, 06:15:24 AM
Hi all.

Mate asking about this university for his son. He's from India. What's the rep like. Would you recommend. It's a 2 year MSc in Smart Manufacturing Systems.
Magee has been responsible for start up and incubation of a number of some cool tech businesses in recent years and has the support of the wider UU infrastructure of course. So I imagine that particular MSc would have great facilities, but that's just me making assumptions from my very limited knowledge.
With the new city deal, it'll be an exciting place with a good bit of cash that the university will seek to take advantage of (the Belfast deal is very much being driven in phases by both Queens and UU).

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Hi all.

I'm a Derry man so biased, but that's a really good course,the director is top notch, plenty to do here as well.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 27, 2021, 07:00:46 PM
Hi all.

I'm a Derry man so biased, but that's a really good course,the director is top notch, plenty to do here as well.
Quote from: Rois on February 27, 2021, 03:27:36 PM
Hi all.

Magee has been responsible for start up and incubation of a number of some cool tech businesses in recent years and has the support of the wider UU infrastructure of course. So I imagine that particular MSc would have great facilities, but that's just me making assumptions from my very limited knowledge.
With the new city deal, it'll be an exciting place with a good bit of cash that the university will seek to take advantage of (the Belfast deal is very much being driven in phases by both Queens and UU).

Thanks for replies. Asking around from mates up North also only heard good things about Magee. I'll pass on the votes of confidence.