China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: J70 on January 05, 2022, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 05, 2022, 11:45:45 AM
firstly, you don't get accurate news from Fox. They are politicising Medicine and listening to even a small section of that video it came through loud and clear. (I didn't watch it all)

There is now two early treatment medications approved that I am aware of, one from Pzifer and one from Merck (the invermectin people). Both approved for use very recently but from clinical trials I think Pzifer is better. I think there are others that had emergency approval after successful clinical trials.

I am not sure that i should be surprised that those with issues with masks and vaccinations and the time it took to develop them appear to have no issue taking medication that is not approved after clinical trials or more recently just approved. also there was no suppression, they just haven't been through clinical trials and approved for use... there has been a lot of articles and information on them.

Dan Bongino is a far right, conspiracy theorist troll.

Plenty of Irish men lapping the old right wing up rethoric these days!

JoG2

Quote from: Franko on January 05, 2022, 04:43:38 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 05, 2022, 02:48:09 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 05, 2022, 01:47:03 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 05, 2022, 11:56:58 AM
Mono clonal antibodies have a role. However, they are expensive and those developed for the original variant have not proved very effective against Omicron. The Pfizer anti viral will be a real help.

Over 200 times more expensive than a dose of the vaccine

Surely then this is where a lot of the big pharma, suppression of information, MSM conspiracy theories all fall down. Surely if they are all in cahoots, then they'd be pushing to make as much cash as possible  ???

Agreed.  But the 'Big Pharma' bullshit fell over the minute the antivaxx loons started pushing Ivermectin...

which is made by...

yeah you guessed it

And vitamin D? Pfizer vit D and a vaccine cost the same give or take . Yet they spend billions on the vaccine rather than push the vit D... Some binlids at the wheel at Pfizer

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2022, 05:24:39 PM
Absenteeism at work at 30% since we started back. I heard on news 8k teachers out with covid out of 27k nationwide in Republic which is also around 30%. Expected to get worse so not sure how the country stays open in these circumstances.

Probably by reducing isolation period further, watch this space

ONeill

Looks like the squeeze is being put on isolation times and that seems like a natural progression.

The move to using LFTs instead of PCR as proof of Covid could see a few rogue results at opportune times.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 05, 2022, 06:40:12 PM
Absenteeism at work at 30% since we started back. I heard on news 8k teachers out with covid out of 27k nationwide in Republic which is also around 30%. Expected to get worse so not sure how the country stays open in these circumstances.

Probably by refusing isolation period further, watch this space

Reducing? I asked a few days ago did anyone know anyone to test negative with a lateral flow 6/7 days after symptoms start... Still haven't heard of any.

RedHand88

Quote from: ONeill on January 05, 2022, 07:24:20 PM
Looks like the squeeze is being put on isolation times and that seems like a natural progression.

The move to using LFTs instead of PCR as proof of Covid could see a few rogue results at opportune times.

Thought the same myself. There's enough useless chancers about.

imtommygunn

Quote from: JoG2 on January 05, 2022, 07:33:34 PM

Reducing? I asked a few days ago did anyone know anyone to test negative with a lateral flow 6/7 days after symptoms start... Still haven't heard of any.

Heard one this evening. That's from about 4 I think that I know of.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I've no data on that Jog2, i think it's already 7 days with negative lft. Can't see them being able to push past 5 days but the pressure is on.  They seem to be stripping restrictions away daily

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Lfts are unreliable, my nephew got negative lfts directly before and after postive Pcr

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 05, 2022, 08:25:06 PM

Lfts are unreliable, my nephew got negative lfts directly before and after postive Pcr

I know plenty who had lateral which was positive, they did another one and it was positive and eventually went for a PCR, guess what? It was positive, crazy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2022, 08:27:42 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 05, 2022, 08:25:06 PM

I know plenty who had lateral which was positive, they did another one and it was positive and eventually went for a PCR, guess what? It was positive, crazy

Ach come on , the point is we all probably know cases like I've pointed out which will lead to cases slipping through more often with today's reduced restrictions.
I think we just need to hope that this Omicron is much less serious. I think govt are gambling on that with the data they already have

Rois

My OH hasn't had a negative LFT in about two months, yet the PCRs in that period have been negative.

Armagh18

Crazy. Really need to stop testing people who aren't sick and get rid of isolating altogether.

Sportacus

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 05, 2022, 09:41:01 PM
Crazy. Really need to stop testing people who aren't sick and get rid of isolating altogether.
30% is very high. Any idea is that workplace transmission or a work party? 

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 05, 2022, 08:16:47 PM

I've no data on that Jog2, i think it's already 7 days with negative lft. Can't see them being able to push past 5 days but the pressure is on.  They seem to be stripping restrictions away daily

Yes, here now (just after Christmas) and England before have a 7 day end of isolation after a negative LFT on days 6 and 7. Very few will test negative that soon. J70, is it have 5s now in some states in the US?