Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: yellowcard on June 15, 2022, 02:17:49 PM
Is this new system of buying tickets through Ticketmaster going to be in place for the AI final? This first come first served basis is fine when its not a sell out but I imagine that some genuine GAA people will miss out on tickets and that bandwagon supporters and touts will benefit. Hopefully they will distribute tickets through the participating counties when it gets to AI final day.

last year was through the clubs in conjunction with the GAA and ticketmaster. my tickets were got through the club but they were ticketmaster printed tickets.
there was no first come first served basis like the games before the final.

93-DY-SAM

Is this new system of buying tickets through Ticketmaster going to be in place for the AI final? This first come first served basis is fine when its not a sell out but I imagine that some genuine GAA people will miss out on tickets and that bandwagon supporters and touts will benefit. Hopefully they will distribute tickets through the participating counties when it gets to AI final day.

Think this was just in place for the quarter-finals. Back to clubs again for semi-finals and final. Don't know what the idea with TM is and if it is just a way the GAA can say we opened the gate to everyone without them having to do much. Sit back let TM do the heavy lifting and get the cash from them.

I see someone else mentioned about tickets disturbed through the clubs but I don't know of any clubs around here who are getting any allocation of tickets. They all had notices out that tickets would be disturbed through TM only.

TM is a f**k up in terms of the seat allocation. I don't know anyone with tickets with concessions who got anywhere near the centre sections. And have heard of people who couldn't get concessions for juvenile tickets and had to buy full-price tickets for kids but others were able to buy discounted tickets later in the day for the same section. I think a bit more clarity on how the TM tickets are allocated would be welcome.

With regards to price, I think those on Sunday have gotten better value for their money as they are likely to see 2 competitive games. Only one chance of that on the Sat (and it isn't the 2nd game!!)

Cunny Funt

Quote from: tiempo on June 15, 2022, 09:16:21 AM
Sounds promising and is great to see some of these novel pairings

Jumping the gun slightly but would people expect a Dublin Kerry semi final to be close to a sell out?

Yes and the same if Mayo was to play Dublin.

yellowcard

Quote from: clarshack on June 15, 2022, 02:38:19 PM

last year was through the clubs in conjunction with the GAA and ticketmaster. my tickets were got through the club but they were ticketmaster printed tickets.
there was no first come first served basis like the games before the final.

That's fair enough then. I'm sure there will be a few internal rows within clubs over distribution for the final but I suppose that was always the case anyway.   

Wildweasel74

Somebody mentioned ticket allocation through the clubs, for these quarters finals it's not the case. Neither day cut near 50k

Wildweasel74

U can get at least 4,seats in a row for blocks cusack, 303'308' Hogan 334, better blocks than were on Monday. Friend says that season ticket holders not taking up the option of a seat.

Loughshore2022

How do you really define bandwagon though? Is someone who attends the championship games every year but not league a bandwagoner? Is someone who is heavily involved in club GAA but doesn't attend the county games a bandwagoner? It is difficult to define.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 15, 2022, 05:48:16 PM
U can get at least 4,seats in a row for blocks cusack, 303'308' Hogan 334, better blocks than were on Monday. Friend says that season ticket holders not taking up the option of a seat.

Just a few seats here and there. The Sunday could hit 70,000 plus, I'd say Saturday do well to get above 40-45,000.

armaghniac

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 15, 2022, 03:11:51 PM
TM is a f**k up in terms of the seat allocation. I don't know anyone with tickets with concessions who got anywhere near the centre sections. And have heard of people who couldn't get concessions for juvenile tickets and had to buy full-price tickets for kids but others were able to buy discounted tickets later in the day for the same section. I think a bit more clarity on how the TM tickets are allocated would be welcome.

It isn't a f**k up, the GAA sell the best seats to people paying the full price, which is hardly unreasonable.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Sunday, don't know where u getting the fans at, Kerry being very little, Mayo maybe 15k closer to 10k if u lucky, Galway, less than 10k,  Armagh 18-20k, how many armagh fans at clones, it wasn't full?  It be well under 50k

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 15, 2022, 07:31:06 PM
Sunday, don't know where u getting the fans at, Kerry being very little, Mayo maybe 15k closer to 10k if u lucky, Galway, less than 10k,  Armagh 18-20k, how many armagh fans at clones, it wasn't full?  It be well under 50k

The fact that the game is in Croke Park I would estimate more like 25-30k Armagh fans.

balladmaker

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on June 15, 2022, 06:12:26 PM

How do you really define bandwagon though? Is someone who attends the championship games every year but not league a bandwagoner? Is someone who is heavily involved in club GAA but doesn't attend the county games a bandwagoner? It is difficult to define.

I wouldn't define either of those examples as a bandwagoner.  To me, a bandwagoner is the fella or girl who ain't involved in any club, who doesn't go to league or championship until the game is in Croke Park, and who knows someone with contacts to sort them out with tickets when others can't get them ... each county has their fair share.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 15, 2022, 07:31:06 PM

Not a chance given ticket sales it's under 50,000. They sold 35,000 in 4 hours yesterday morning and that was before season tickets and premium. They've had to open all the seats on Sunday and if you look at map large parts of stadium close to sold out. There may be some returns but won't be that high as most have been sold online this time.

Farrandeelin

I gave up my Season Ticket, due to the price increase and the fact I wouldn't make as many games this year. Got what I deserved says you with Lower Hogan beside the Nally Stand. :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

southderryman

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 15, 2022, 03:11:51 PM

Think this was just in place for the quarter-finals. Back to clubs again for semi-finals and final. Don't know what the idea with TM is and if it is just a way the GAA can say we opened the gate to everyone without them having to do much. Sit back let TM do the heavy lifting and get the cash from them.

I see someone else mentioned about tickets disturbed through the clubs but I don't know of any clubs around here who are getting any allocation of tickets. They all had notices out that tickets would be disturbed through TM only.

With regards to price, I think those on Sunday have gotten better value for their money as they are likely to see 2 competitive games. Only one chance of that on the Sat (and it isn't the 2nd game!!)

I bought 4 adults and 1 child together in section 308, was online in the queue at 10am on Tuesday