Moviebox or showbox

Started by lenny, January 06, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on March 27, 2015, 03:58:23 PM
Agree although not as many movies or new releases as showbox

No but at least the content it does have can be cast to TV. Showbox while tied to the MX player is quite useless.

laoislad

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 27, 2015, 04:15:52 PM

No but at least the content it does have can be cast to TV. Showbox while tied to the MX player is quite useless.
Buy an Android Tv box off eBay for about €40 and have showbox directly on the TV without any need for casting from phone.
That's what I do and it works great.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2015, 05:06:17 PM

Buy an Android Tv box off eBay for about €40 and have showbox directly on the TV without any need for casting from phone.

Have considered boxes before and the Nexus PLayer. What one are you using?

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2015, 05:08:50 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2015, 05:06:17 PM

Have considered boxes before and the Nexus PLayer. What one are you using?
Just one I bought on eBay a few years back. It's pretty bog standard but does the job.
You can get quad core ones now and most come fully installed with xbmc and all that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

WT4E

I see showbox has the first 4 episodes of Game of Thrones on their. Noticed last night on the off chance - Unbelievable app!  8) ;D

gallsman

Quote from: WT4E on April 13, 2015, 04:47:15 PM
I see showbox has the first 4 episodes of Game of Thrones on their. Noticed last night on the off chance - Unbelievable app!  8) ;D

They were leaked worldwide yesterday. Poor quality though, only 480p.

Having to use MX player is back annoying me after I'd got rid of it for a time  >:(

StGallsGAA

HD cinema app has Game of Thrones S5 at 720.  Just watched the first 2 and the quality is very good.  When HBO track down whoever the leak is he'll probably suffer the same fate as Mannis!! 🔥

nrico2006

I watched GOT on HDCinema last night, have found this app to be more reliable than Showbox.  Does anybody know of the best link to get xbmc for Android?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Have found a way round MX Player. Install an app called Growbox (you can't have MX installed). This tricks Showbox into thinking it's MX player and allows you to cast.

Over the Bar

HD  Cinema is no more. .... is Showbox on borrowed time? ?

nrico2006

Is HD cinema away for good? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Showbox is still running though it can lag a bit. HD Cinema will be back in a month apparently under a new name.

Kodi with the Ice Films add on is a decent job, though I've only watched content on the phone, not sure if you can cast or not

gallsman

Quote from: JoG2 on May 29, 2015, 10:20:02 AM
Showbox is still running though it can lag a bit. HD Cinema will be back in a month apparently under a new name.

Kodi with the Ice Films add on is a decent job, though I've only watched content on the phone, not sure if you can cast or not

That's always going to be a risk with apps like this. Use the download functionality in it and then watch/cast. No lag.

STREET FIGHTER

Anyone else having issues with Show box?

Doesn't seem to be working.

Any alternatives?

JoG2

Oh aye

HD Cinema is back in action. It's been rebranded and is now called Sky HD. Google sky hd cinema apk