Moviebox or showbox

Started by lenny, January 06, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: gallsman on January 30, 2015, 03:50:27 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 30, 2015, 03:30:30 PM
Hopefully an easy enough question.

Showbox downloaded to the phone.

Can it be streamed directly to a 'smart' tv?

Yes but can be fidgety. Check that local cast or all cast can context to the TV.

Thanks GM.

Have downloaded all cast as well.

Think I read somewhere that the Samsung phone has a built in video app so that could be used?

Might it depend on the TV manufacturer??

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: gallsman on January 07, 2015, 12:15:38 AM
Worth pointing out for anyone who doesn't realise it that extensive use of Showbox or similar will blow through your broadband allowance (if you have one), just like any other streaming service, in no time.

If your only streaming over wifi and not downloading will you be ok?

gallsman

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 30, 2015, 07:08:18 PM
Worth pointing out for anyone who doesn't realise it that extensive use of Showbox or similar will blow through your broadband allowance (if you have one), just like any other streaming service, in no time.

No - you're still consuming bandwidth.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: gallsman on January 30, 2015, 09:47:26 PM

Quote from: gallsman on January 30, 2015, 09:47:26 PM

I

ah right...

package is unlimited so should be ok!

Also local cast worked but all cast didn't. ....

CD

Tried it. Going back to downloading movies wholesale using bitlord. The sound and picture quality from all the streaming sites I have tried makes watching movies a pain!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Apple App Store has a free App called Cloud Movies

Lots of movies and TV series on it for free. Seems to be decent quality.

I don't know enough about movies to know if it is up to date or not.
MWWSI 2017

nrico2006

Any simple way of getting showbox on chronecast?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 07, 2015, 07:33:49 PM
If you are using it via an Adroid phone or tablet you will also need to download Localcast also.

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 07, 2015, 09:10:00 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 07, 2015, 07:33:49 PM
If you are using it via an Adroid phone or tablet you will also need to download Localcast also.

Dipped for a chromecast and use localcast.  Chromecast is some toy...best £30 I ever spent

nrico2006

Any ideas why I dont get a prompt to select localcast in showbox when I hit 'watch now'. Unable to get video on tv.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Well

Anyone help? I recently got myself a Kindle HDX and downloaded Showbox, but can't get it linked to a chromecast. Tried Avia but dont get the option to cast or in app purchases.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Well on February 17, 2015, 08:39:23 PM
Anyone help? I recently got myself a Kindle HDX and downloaded Showbox, but can't get it linked to a chromecast. Tried Avia but dont get the option to cast or in app purchases.

I use Allcast Premium to cast via Chromecast.

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 17, 2015, 07:20:25 PM
Any ideas why I dont get a prompt to select localcast in showbox when I hit 'watch now'. Unable to get video on tv.

Click localcast to open nrico.  Press the wee yellow / orangey icon (bottom right of screen). Select chromecast (make sure the chromecast power adaptor is on). Select a show in showbox and make sure the box to use local player is not checked. Should work ok

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: JoG2 on February 17, 2015, 09:11:50 PM

Click localcast to open nrico.  Press the wee yellow / orangey icon (bottom right of screen). Select chromecast (make sure the chromecast power adaptor is on). Select a show in showbox and make sure the box to use local player is not checked. Should work ok

Just use AllCast. Choose video in Show Box, untick option to use internal player, select AllCast and tick option to set to default and it will automatically open up AllCast to choose your Chromecast to cast to.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on February 18, 2015, 01:22:23 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 17, 2015, 09:11:50 PM

Just use AllCast. Choose video in Show Box, untick option to use internal player, select AllCast and tick option to set to default and it will automatically open up AllCast to choose your Chromecast to cast to.
It does the same on Localcast too surely. I think his issue is internal player is ticked.