Moviebox or showbox

Started by lenny, January 06, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

I've heard a few people talking about the moviebox and showbox apps lately. Just wondering if they are safe to download on my ipad or iphone and which should I choose.

JoG2

Quote from: lenny on January 06, 2015, 10:01:42 AM
I've heard a few people talking about the moviebox and showbox apps lately. Just wondering if they are safe to download on my ipad or iphone and which should I choose.

is an android app. Not sure about moviebox Lenny

Boycey

Someone much cleverer than me will probably come along and put me right  ;D but my understanding would be that they are basically the same thing? Moviebox is on the ios and showbox on the android platform. I have them both installed on different devices and they look the same to me anyways.

Lenny I have moviebox on my iPad with no problems whatsoever. The iPad previously had to be jailbroken to get moviebox but now it can be installed directly with a bit of jiggery pokery... google it, there are plenty of links and simple instructions. If you're not sure drop me a message.

Gold

Showbox is lethal.

There's no downside to it that I've come across.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

trueblue1234

Downloaded Moviebox and it's asking me to use a free Virtual private network service to view some of the content. Do I just go ahead and do what they say?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JoG2

Quote from: Gold on January 06, 2015, 12:20:51 PM
Showbox is lethal.

There's no downside to it that I've come across.

not getting enough sleep is a major downside for me ! Incredible app

gallsman

Showbox + Chromecast = dynamite.

BenDover

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2015, 12:43:41 PM
+ 1 to that.

As well as these- check out Mobdro saved me a few times over the festive period

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2015, 12:43:41 PM
Reading through the thread this was going to by question. Is it possible to install this on an iPad and then cast it onto the tv via Chromecast as I have no notion of watching movies on a 9" screen.

tyrone girl

What is showbox and how do i get it on my tablet? Im taking it that it is an app?

trueblue1234

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2015, 12:27:56 PM
Downloaded Moviebox and it's asking me to use a free Virtual private network service to view some of the content. Do I just go ahead and do what they say?
Can I double check this isn't going to cause any problems with the Ipad?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Boycey

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2015, 02:03:29 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2015, 12:27:56 PM
Can I double check this isn't going to cause any problems with the Ipad?

I've never been asked to do this on moviebox. Where have you downloaded it from? Its possibly the site you have downloaded it from trying to get you to download a product of theirs? I'd be wary

AZOffaly

I'm getting asked for a password when I go to download moviebox?

AZOffaly

Have ye a safe URL for downloading moviebox for ios?

Boycey

Password is mb31

First: Go to Settings >> General >> Date & Time. Deselect Automatic and change the date to August 1st
Second: Open Safari and visit this page http://www.pgyer.com/mb31
Third: Tap the green button to install Movie Box
Fourth: Open MovieBox after it has installed and tap Trust on the developer notice
Fifth: Return to Settings >> General >> Date & Time and switch back to Automatic