Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Time enough for young Canavan, has he not gt A levels to finish. If we have to turn to an 18 year old we have big problems

Mikhailov

I agree with the last couple of posters
Too early in my opinion for some lads and I would be surprised if the fathers of Canavan, Cush, O'Donnell, Donaghy etc allowed their lads to step up especially as they are only 18 and available again next year.
Donaghy, McGleenan, Daly, Corry etc are physically more advanced and a year older so possibly they could do it.
The younger lads previously mentioned above might benefit from a good year playing club football as they will be marked men anyway and will learn more from that I would imagine.
Let's see how they cope with club football first before we fire them into county level intensity

Wildweasel74

Canavan 18yrs of Age, if the All - Ireland champions have to have to look on a young slight lad on the bench, they need to be looking at their strength in depth. Am not happy with Derry having 5/6 18/19 Yr old on our bench when their options within in the county Tyrone shouldn't need any U-20,

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Under Lights on May 16, 2022, 09:42:50 PM
Time enough for young Canavan, has he not gt A levels to finish. If we have to turn to an 18 year old we have big problems

I'm not saying he will get called in but don't fully agree with the above. He's not just any 18 year old - he's one of the most gifted 18 year old's in the country. And could be a great impact sub with 15 minutes to go in Croke Park when space starts to appear and the team need scores. There's plenty of examples in sport including in the premiership of gifted 18 year old's being fast tracked into senior set ups. If he is still doing A Levels it probably isn't an option though.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 16, 2022, 10:52:16 PM
Canavan 18yrs of Age, if the All - Ireland champions have to have to look on a young slight lad on the bench, they need to be looking at their strength in depth. Am not happy with Derry having 5/6 18/19 Yr old on our bench when their options within in the county Tyrone shouldn't need any U-20,

Clifford was in the Kerry senior panel at the same age. While comparisons with Clifford would be premature, they're not unjust given their underage performances. If it's ok for Kerry, I'd have no issue doing the same in Tyrone.
That said, I think it would be better for him to be Stick at the club for another year.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tiempo

Would Darragh Canavan have played more senior games for Tyrone than Errigal? Can't be far off. Must be fairly annoying not to see the lads strut their stuff as often for the club when they'd make such a difference. Any word on Jack McCarron, they find a place for him around the half backs I'd say?

marty34

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 17, 2022, 09:11:35 AM

Clifford was in the Kerry senior panel at the same age. While comparisons with Clifford would be premature, they're not unjust given their underage performances. If it's ok for Kerry, I'd have no issue doing the same in Tyrone.
That said, I think it would be better for him to be Stick at the club for another year.

Leave him off for another year or two - what's the panic?

If he's left off for another year or two, it'd be more beneficial to him and Tyrone in the long run I think.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: tiempo on May 17, 2022, 09:27:30 AM
Would Darragh Canavan have played more senior games for Tyrone than Errigal? Can't be far off. Must be fairly annoying not to see the lads strut their stuff as often for the club when they'd make such a difference. Any word on Jack McCarron, they find a place for him around the half backs I'd say?
There was never any truth to that story. A transfer was never in the pipeline. Him living in Ballygawley with Canavan's niece is where that story came from.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 17, 2022, 09:11:35 AM

I think when you've a prospect performing at that level you need to go with as soon as you can. Can only benefit the Tyrone set up. Crying all year about lack of depth and options off the bench and now we have Canavan and others available. Seems a no brainer to me to call him up.

clarshack

Let young Canavan finish his A-Levels and if we are still in the championship bring him in then.

trailer

Should call him up and cap him in case he declares for another county like Jack Grealish or Seanie Johnson.

Man Marker

ONeill

I thought Devlin spoke well after the game, about respecting the current senior panel who are still All Ireland champs.

He's been very impressive this year as manager.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Onthe40

very hard to make him out sometimes when interviewed, he talks that fast :)

southtyronegael