Irish Chelsea fans

Started by thebigfella, January 25, 2013, 01:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: snoopdog on January 25, 2013, 12:05:28 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2013, 02:45:26 AM
The Irish people who support them are pieces of shit? That's a bit harsh

What about United fans who love Ferguson? He played for Rangers and spat on Celtic fans - are they pieces of shit as well?

Summary : you are probably an idiot - and drunk  ::)

Its Sir Alex Ferguson to you. :) Best manager ever. didnt see him spitting on any Celtic fans when he was the man picked to give the eulogy at Sean Fallons funeral the other day.
some bitter people on here posting lies.

Exactly. Ferguson was frozen out at Rangers for marrying a Catholic - he's a real bigot alright.

By the way - Seán Fallon RIP. As well as he Celtic exploits he also played for Sligo in gaelic football producing a great display in a defeat of Kerry in the 1940's I believe. A true legend.

deiseach

What about United fans who love Ferguson? He played for Rangers and spat on Celtic fans - are they pieces of shit as well?

I must confess to being surprised at this. Any link to support it? It would shock me if Alex Ferguson had spat on Celtic fans, although Old Firm matches have been known to drive the most mellow of characters to do insane things, and 'mellow' is never a word you'd use to describe Alex.

Gazzler

I think its funny the way Man United fans are saying Irish people who support Chelsea are only following them because they became successful >:(
FFS they wouldn't be Man Utd fans themselves today if they hadn't started winning again back in the early 90's.

laceer

Quote from: Gazzler on January 25, 2013, 02:51:11 PM
I think its funny the way Man United fans are saying Irish people who support Chelsea are only following them because they became successful >:(
FFS they wouldn't be Man Utd fans themselves today if they hadn't started winning again back in the early 90's.

Surely the majority of Irish people who follow English clubs do so because they are successful? Liverpool in the 70s/80s, United and Arsenal in the 90s/00s, Chelsea in 00s etc.

Unless they have some sort of connection with the team, parent supporting them or whatever, children are more likely to follow whoever is successful at the time 

Gazzler

Quote from: laceer on January 25, 2013, 03:27:55 PM

Surely the majority of Irish people who follow English clubs do so because they are successful? Liverpool in the 70s/80s, United and Arsenal in the 90s/00s, Chelsea in 00s etc.

Unless they have some sort of connection with the team, parent supporting them or whatever, children are more likely to follow whoever is successful at the time
Well that's my point!
But its only the Man United fans who are saying it about the Chelsea fans on here so that's why I said Man United.
You would think they were all born outside Old Trafford the way they are talking.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: deiseach on January 25, 2013, 02:47:34 PM

I must confess to being surprised at this. Any link to support it? It would shock me if Alex Ferguson had spat on Celtic fans, although Old Firm matches have been known to drive the most mellow of characters to do insane things, and 'mellow' is never a word you'd use to describe Alex.
Fabricated fiction I'd imagine from a dellusional LFC supporter trying to sully the good name of Sir Alex.

There is an image floating about with him in a Celtic kit, his wife is/was RC and IIRC his father a Celtic supporter. So this 'disdain' for Celtic that some people are trying to portray is far off the mark. The disgusting treatment he received from Rangers would indicate that he maybe has a dislike for them despite having played for and supported them when he was younger.

deiseach

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 25, 2013, 03:47:55 PM
Fabricated fiction I'd imagine from a dellusional LFC supporter trying to sully the good name of Sir Alex.

I can see where the 'royalty' in fitzroyalty comes from :P

Canalman

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 25, 2013, 01:02:41 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on January 25, 2013, 12:05:28 PM
The Irish people who support them are pieces of shit? That's a bit harsh

Summary : you are probably an idiot - and drunk  ::)

Its Sir Alex Ferguson to you. :) Best manager ever. didnt see him spitting on any Celtic fans when he was the man picked to give the eulogy at Sean Fallons funeral the other day.
some bitter people on here posting lies.

Exactly. Ferguson was frozen out at Rangers for marrying a Catholic - he's a real bigot alright.

By the way - Seán Fallon RIP. As well as he Celtic exploits he also played for Sligo in gaelic football producing a great display in a defeat of Kerry in the 1940's I believe. A true legend.

Read AF's biography and am almost sure that his troubles at Rangers were as a result of massive expectations as a  newly signed goalscorer, some injuries and the fact this all happened when Celtic were winning all around them under Stein. He had a tough time which may or may not have stood to him as a manager later on.
Not so sure the wife issue was the main one in his unhappy few seasons at Rangers.

Gabriel_Hurl

I had heard that about Ferguson from an old Celtic fan although I've never heard anything about it apart from that.

My mistake

nifan

QuoteNot so sure the wife issue was the main one in his unhappy few seasons at Rangers.

He doesnt seem to think it was most relevant - he was married before moving to rangers and stated that they knew his wifes religion - so hard to see why hed be frozen out on account of it.

rrhf

Was Colin Clarke (NI record goal scorer till wee Davey Healy)  and lone striker in '86 not a Chelsea man? 

imtommygunn

Andy Townsend and Terry Phelan also...

(I think)

tommysmith

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 25, 2013, 04:51:26 PM
Andy Townsend and Terry Phelan also...

(I think)

There not real irish though.

Norf Tyrone

Townsend and Phelan are mentioned in my article.

Colin Clarke- Not to my knowledge.

In the 70s it was not uncommon to see Chelsea/ Celtic half and half scarves/ hats.

Quote from: laceer on January 25, 2013, 03:27:55 PM

A lot of Chelsea fans were borne from the early 70s and the games v Leeds (Biggest ever watched sporting game on TV or something like that), and v Real Madrid. My uncle was a child of the 70s, and I subsequently started because of him in the 80s.

The Full Members Cup Rocks.........
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

imtommygunn

No I know.

I can't think of any true "southern" irish guys anyway.

Clarke is about the only one from over here I can think of at all.

Not that I think there is any conspiracy in that. Players from over here would usually have went to Arsenal i they were in London.