Nottingham Forest Thread

Started by leaveherinsir, December 14, 2010, 10:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

BIG game tomorrow then.
Top of the table clash against QPR, a win in this game and we could maybe start to dream about a return to the top flight!!
C'mon!!

Doogie Browser

Billy Davies knows the Championship inside out, fancy Forest to go up automatically.

leaveherinsir

Doogie Browser

Setback last night no doubt, still a long way to go though. It's such a tight league, Sven is on some run now too!

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

leaveherinsir

Hoof i wish i had your confidence, all the same, a great result today against Cardiff! Up to second now again, lets hope we can stay there til the end of season.

leaveherinsir

Its all gone quiet on here!!! Dreadful run of form over the last few games. Must win game against the mighty Doncaster Rovers today, think if we dont pick up 3 points here we  can wave goodbye to automatic promotion

leaveherinsir

Listening to Forest Leicester game on 5 live extra here. Good second half now. Forest just went 3 - 2 up with 5 mins left. If we can hold on might have a chance of making the play offs! But Jesus how useless have we been over the last two months!!

laoislad

Quote from: leaveherinsir on April 22, 2011, 07:01:49 PM
Listening to Forest Leicester game on 5 live extra here. Good second half now. Forest just went 3 - 2 up with 5 mins left. If we can hold on might have a chance of making the play offs! But Jesus how useless have we been over the last two months!!

Need Leeds to lose I think to stay in Playoff spot.
What a disaster  the last few months though,they should be well ahead of chasing pack.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: laoislad on April 22, 2011, 07:16:25 PM
Quote from: leaveherinsir on April 22, 2011, 07:01:49 PM

Need Leeds to lose I think to stay in Playoff spot.
What a disaster  the last few months though,they should be well ahead of chasing pack.
They will stay 6th if Leeds dont win against Reading. Last 3 games are against Bristol City, Scunthorpe and Crystal Palace. Should be winning those matches, but the way its been going lately i wouldnt be putting any money on them! Tonight was only their second win in 12 games. The saving grace may be that the team that finishes sixth ends being promoted fairly often.

Hoof Hearted

Took the lead 3 times tonight too, only to be pegged back. The winner was a bad mistake, gomes like, by their keeper. Much better to get in as 6th anyway than 3rd.

Leeds still 0-0 after 50 mins, this would leave us in 6th if it stays the same

Overthebar!

Edit: just noticing this is the nottingham forrest thread but still gave me a great laugh:

Message From The Manager
Posted on: Thu 21 Apr 2011
Good morning,

Special thank yous this morning to the people who have helped me since I got here last week.

On Saturday, the Groundsman at late notice done a job for me. Top man!

On Monday, Hannah the Analyst stayed here until 7.30 in the office to show me the set plays of Tranmere Rovers for my training session yesterday morning because I was busy the whole day Monday. She is a top girl!

Kate stayed here going through all my paperwork and organising me until 8.45 on Monday night. Kate is the girl who works in the office. She took my white shirt home and ironed it and brought it back in to work for me to wear last night. She's top girl!

The bus drivers are cool and calm and drive the bus smoothly and calmly. They are top lads!

A girl called Heather at short notice (and I was going to say dropped everything, but I had better not) came up to Tranmere yesterday to do the massages or rubs for the players and is available now for the weekend after I politely insisted she cancel all her Easter plans. She's a top girl!

Carl Muggleton is cool and calm, organised and I never knew him before. He's been a diamond. He's top man!

The Media lads have been patient and made themselves available to fit into my busy schedule, where I have had to prioritise. They are good lads!

The supporters. Lost two games but kept singing and supporting, no negative, useless banter. The turn out last night was amazing. Energy levels and enthusiasm was top quality. This must continue through rain and shine. At home and away it has been top class.

The staff. Have been hit mentally with testing questions and my demands to improve and be unified. I know it's not easy for people when they are on the end of it, but in the long term it will be for their benefit if they can survive it. So far, they have been top lads and lasses.

The players. All turn up on time. Don't feign injury. Playing with injury. Lads left out not sulked. Lads left out worked hard on doing the extra. Injured players not moaning because I have sent them to the oxygen chamber late afternoons. Fit players in all three games and every game training I have been chuffed to bits with their attitude, work ethic and desire. They put their bodies on the line last night and no supporter can ever complain when your players in your shirt are doing this for your club. I have hugged them, shouted at them, threatened them, entertained them, shown them and everyone to a man in that dressing room is "on the bus", if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately I have to make tough decisions and do what I feel has got to be right for this football club. With big decisions I don't take them lightly and do everything in the best interests of the football club. Anything I do is explained to the Chief Exec and the Chairman and I have not been brought here to sit around and just take it easy. We all know that things needed to change and that is not always easy. Members of staff have left and it's not nice, but I wish all three the very best of luck, but I needed to trim the staff and improve it in certain areas.

Yesterday morning I had the hardest job in football. After training I spoke to seven young players upstairs at the ground. I have informed these players that I will now review the decision with regards to their professional contracts and their careers. Budgets have not yet been finalised for next season so it is impossible for me to offer seven professional contracts and I do not even know how much I am going to have to spend on player recruitment for next season for the first team squad. I will fix up games to watch them play. Three of the seven have been called up to train with the first team this morning due to injuries last night and once we are safe I will have a much closer look at these young players and if they are good I will put them in.

All the players are in today for a swimming pool warm down session and all the players apart from the ones going to the oxygen chamber will be at the QMC this afternoon to see people, meet people, less fortunate than ourselves. This was for six players but now it's the lot. I appreciate the kit sponsors changing our lunch next week as the players need to rest physically and mentally after two games this weekend.

I am trying to find somewhere to kip. I don't like these posh hotels. I don't want nothing flash. If you know anyone, it's for me and my dog Monty who is a very good boy. I need somewhere, preferably on the south side of Nottingham to kip, have a bit of food maybe and kind of be a dosser who will keep himself to himself, who works long hours. Very polite and well mannered, friendly, funny, kind, caring, occasionally mad. If anyone can help, please contact the club.

Thank you once again, after what has for sure been a very, very tough week.

Martin.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10426~2342723,00.html

leaveherinsir

Notts County version of Cloughie!
Leeds 0 - 0. Stay sixth. If Hull and Burnley both win tomorrow all 4 teams will be on 66 pts with 3 games left.
Squeaky bum time one thinks!!

PadraicHenryPearse

If he keeps us up i dont care what shite he writes.  3 managers this year, 3 last year (that i remember). Big game against Swindon who are both. Must win.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: leaveherinsir on April 22, 2011, 09:43:30 PM
Notts County version of Cloughie!
Leeds 0 - 0. Stay sixth. If Hull and Burnley both win tomorrow all 4 teams will be on 66 pts with 3 games left.
Squeaky bum time one thinks!!

in our hands, 3 wins out of 3 and it doesnt matter what the fcuk what the other 3 do.

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on April 22, 2011, 09:46:45 PM
If he keeps us up i dont care what shite he writes.  3 managers this year, 3 last year (that i remember). Big game against Swindon who are both. Must win.

your'e like an antrim man posting in a derry thread - get out of here !!