The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Arguably the worst final display I've seen so far from Medvedev, riddled with errors from the second set onwards.

His head is gone and it will be over in under 20 minutes if he cannot find something here.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

nrico2006

As I said, Djokovic is going nowhere for a while yet. Too good and too fit for the rest of the so called pretenders.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Novak is something else! Sent him a wee message there! It's all in your head!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Novak senior hurling

Medvedev is Tyrone club football in Ulster
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

That was very disappointing from Medvedev, didn't seem to recover from the second set break.

mouview

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2021, 10:36:09 AM

Djoko going to surpass Roger as the GOAT?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mouview on February 21, 2021, 11:01:18 AM

Well he's younger so based on that performance and remember he should be at 19 but was kicked out of the US open so there's no reason he won't get 20 minimum.

The kids, though in fairness they ain't kids anymore, can't beat the top three in final slams.. Medvedev would need to sort out his head first and maybe strengthen up a bit, bit gangaly 

Nanderson

I always think if you had djokovic, federer and nadal playing at their peaks for 10 years. Novak would come away with at least 2 Grand slams a year, maybe even 3 in some years and he would maybe sneak the odd french open. Its Novaks athleticism that sets him apart from the other 2. Nadal is big and strong and Federer has probably more finesse with the raqut but novak just never knows when he's beaten. He seems to be more flexible/agile on the court and his fitness and recovery more importantly is next level. Out of all the tennis greats I would say only novak could win a slam going 5 sets in every match and still look fresh

Estimator

Quote from: Nanderson on February 21, 2021, 12:25:18 PM
I always think if you had djokovic, federer and nadal playing at their peaks for 10 years. Novak would come away with at least 2 Grand slams a year, maybe even 3 in some years and he would maybe sneak the odd french open. Its Novaks athleticism that sets him apart from the other 2. Nadal is big and strong and Federer has probably more finesse with the raqut but novak just never knows when he's beaten. He seems to be more flexible/agile on the court and his fitness and recovery more importantly is next level. Out of all the tennis greats I would say only novak could win a slam going 5 sets in every match and still look fresh

Read that Novak was on court 4hrs more than Medvedev throughout this tournament, yet he still seemed to be the fresher man. I know he played the first semi, but it's not like Medvedev had a gruelling encounter in his semi.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Milltown Row2

Novak is the best out there for fitness

Angelo

Quote from: Estimator on February 21, 2021, 01:19:40 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on February 21, 2021, 12:25:18 PM

Read that Novak was on court 4hrs more than Medvedev throughout this tournament, yet he still seemed to be the fresher man. I know he played the first semi, but it's not like Medvedev had a gruelling encounter in his semi.

I think that is now 7 of 9 or something for players who played the semi first.

Djokovic turned it on today, his serve was outstanding but it should not be disregarded how disappointing Medvedev was.

Djokovic dismantled Nadal a few years ago in the Australian Open final and I think it was Djokovic at his best but I don't think he even needed that today, Medvedev threw the towel in after Djokovic broke back in the second.

Djokovic now 10/11 on his last 11 slam finals on hard/grass courts.

In the early 10s Nadal could push him to the pin of his collar on hard courts but Nadal has not been the same physical force probably since about 2014 and has completely remodeled his game.

Medvedev still has the tools for me to cause Djokovic nightmares but it was a complete mental implosion today.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: mouview on February 21, 2021, 11:01:18 AM

He already is the Goat, most weeks at number 1 now and years left at the top to get maybe 25 slams

Angelo

Guys, it's clear as water Nadal is the greatest.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Angelo

Quote from: Orior on February 21, 2021, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 21, 2021, 08:00:53 PM
Guys, it's clear as water Nadal is the greatest.

Greatest what?

Tennis player of all time.

Arguably greatest sports person of all time.