The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 10, 2015, 07:50:10 PM
Murray got his @$$ handed to him by a man who was winning Wimbledon when he was still at school.   He's the Dublin of tennis in that if you invest enough money you may buy a few majors but no-one really sees past the initial financial advantage.

Federer is one of the best players tennis has ever seen... To be beaten 3 sets to love by him is not unusual... His game yesterday was fantastic cant wait for final.... As for Murray to have two major wins plus a gold medal while these players are about is big credit to him and not to be sniffed at..

This woman Williams is the real deal best ladies player (after today) that's ever played but id like to see this girl have a go at her
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

The Williams ma is hard to watch when they pan to the box!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Federer the best male player i have ever seen and i seen them all going back to the very early 80`s, the difficulty in comparison, is carbon graphite rackets compared to the wooden ones, that's what makes comparsion  of elite players from different eras hard to judge but i think hes the best. His better days are behind him though, surprised he got to the final.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 11, 2015, 06:26:55 PM
Federer the best male palyer i have ever seen and i seen them all going back to the very early 80`s, the difficulty in comparison, is carbon graphite rackets compared to the wooden ones, that's what makes comparsion  of elite palyers from different eras hard to judge but i think hes the best. His better days are behind him though, surprised he got to the final.

The athleticism is greater to, and like most sports that's always going to change, as for the racket's yes different also, just like golf but you cant deny the skill they have also, the range of shots Federer has is what's makes him different... He's second seed for a reason, and proved that... Whether he can overcome the power and fitness of Novac well that what we'll see tomorrow...

ballinaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2015, 06:37:56 PM
Federer the best male palyer i have ever seen and i seen them all going back to the very early 80`s, the difficulty in comparison, is carbon graphite rackets compared to the wooden ones, that's what makes comparsion  of elite palyers from different eras hard to judge but i think hes the best. His better days are behind him though, surprised he got to the final.

The athleticism is greater to, and like most sports that's always going to change, as for the racket's yes different also, just like golf but you cant deny the skill they have also, the range of shots Federer has is what's makes him different... He's second seed for a reason, and proved that... Whether he can overcome the power and fitness of Novac well that what we'll see tomorrow...
Yeah and the amount of doping at elite level would have changed too I'd say  8)

ONeill

Sampras for me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Hingis looking well this evening.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pullhard

He hasn't played this well in at least 5 years

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pullhard on July 11, 2015, 10:47:49 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2015, 04:39:52 PM
Drugs.

your not far off

What is the rate of drugs on tennis?  Like every sport, Gaelic games included

gallsman

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 10, 2015, 07:50:10 PM
Murray got his @$$ handed to him by a man who was winning Wimbledon when he was still at school.   He's the Dublin of tennis in that if you invest enough money you may buy a few majors but no-one really sees past the initial financial advantage.

This is utter horse shit. Murray is an exceptional tennis player and one of the best returners in the history of the game. The lad had back surgery last year for Christ's fake and is still in touch at the business end of all the grand slams. Disputing that is begrudgingly of the highest order.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on July 11, 2015, 10:38:22 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2015, 10:20:59 PM

Fine woman.
In amazing shape. Assumed she was older than 34 but I suppose she was a teenager when she did her main business.

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 12, 2015, 12:33:54 AM

Fine woman.
In amazing shape. Assumed she was older than 34 but I suppose she was a teenager when she did her main business.

Don't think she'd turned 17 when she won Wimbledon. Had won doubles a few years earlier too.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gallsman on July 12, 2015, 12:36:36 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 12, 2015, 12:33:54 AM

Fine woman.

Don't think she'd turned 17 when she won Wimbledon. Had won doubles a few years earlier too.
On a SKY interview she said at just 15 she won a tournament in Germany where the prize was a Porsche though couldn't drive it for two years.