The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Win or lose remarkable effort from Nadal to get back into this match. Don't know how both players are fit to continue these long rallies so far into the match. Great stuff

Milltown Row2

See Nadal over celebrating with the Aussie border control officials first. Fair play
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Unreal match. Didn't see the comeback happening after the second set. Nadal looked done.

Nadal has the French open coming up, and could easily get himself to 22.

Wonder what Djokovic is thinking now?
Ulster League Champions 2009

Ghost

Unbelievable comeback from Rafa!! I didn't think he had it in him to come back from 2-0 down. Top of the tree with 21 now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ghost on January 30, 2022, 02:20:44 PM
Unbelievable comeback from Rafa!! I didn't think he had it in him to come back from 2-0 down. Top of the tree with 21 now

Bit tainted this one on fairness, not that he's worried, brilliant performance to beat the world number 2, I laughed at one of the guys in the studio saying he's beat the number one seeded player !

You'd think these lads would know what they are talking about.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ghost

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2022, 02:24:58 PM

Bit tainted this one on fairness, not that he's worried, brilliant performance to beat the world number 2, I laughed at one of the guys in the studio saying he's beat the number one seeded player !

Well the man he beat, made a wee boy of Djokovic on a hard court in the last grand Slam final so in my eyes it's a dam good performance. Nothing tainted about it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ghost on January 30, 2022, 02:30:37 PM

Well the man he beat, made a wee boy of Djokovic on a hard court in the last grand Slam final so in my eyes it's a dam good performance. Nothing tainted about it

1 title against someone with 20 and you think he made a wee boy of him? Angelo it's ok, Nadal is amazing, these lads you were championing these last couple of years have proved to be false dawns

Ghost

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2022, 02:36:40 PM

1 title against someone with 20 and you think he made a wee boy of him? Angelo it's ok, Nadal is amazing, these lads you were championing these last couple of years have proved to be false dawns

20 grand slams is irrelevant. Medvedev beat Djokovic 3-0 in the US open final so it's not like he's a complete mug. FFS he was more or less joint favourite before Djokovic got put on the plane home. So if Nadal can come from 2-0 to beat Medvedev, what's to say he couldn't beat Djokovic?

The fact you're assuming I'm another poster just shows you're being argumentative for the sake of it when in fact you're talking shi*t

Wildweasel74

Even though he's 1 ahead of Federer, I have Federer placed as a better player than him. Federer won a better spread of the big 4 titles L, where Nadal got the clay courts wrapped up and our popular Serb the Australian open on hard courts cornered.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ghost on January 30, 2022, 02:47:52 PM

20 grand slams is irrelevant. Medvedev beat Djokovic 3-0 in the US open final so it's not like he's a complete mug. FFS he was more or less joint favourite before Djokovic got put on the plane home. So if Nadal can come from 2-0 to beat Medvedev, what's to say he couldn't beat Djokovic?

The fact you're assuming I'm another poster just shows you're being argumentative for the sake of it when in fact you're talking shi*t

The fact that you are the same poster means nothing to the first part of your post, Novak is 19 times the better player to Medvedev, that's fact based on current titles.

We'll not know how well Novak could have played due to his stupidity and views on not taking the vaccine, he'll not be back in Australia now for 3 years, 3 possible chances.

Ghost

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2022, 02:59:19 PM

The fact that you are the same poster means nothing to the first part of your post, Novak is 19 times the better player to Medvedev, that's fact based on current titles.

We'll not know how well Novak could have played due to his stupidity and views on not taking the vaccine, he'll not be back in Australia now for 3 years, 3 possible chances.

I can assure you I've never been on this board before under a different alias. Djokovic at his peak is obviously a better player than Medvedev but in the here and now they are on a par. By you're reasoning sampras should be beating Medvedev

lenny

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 30, 2022, 02:51:16 PM
Even though he's 1 ahead of Federer, I have Federer placed as a better player than him. Federer won a better spread of the big 4 titles L, where Nadal got the clay courts wrapped up and our popular Serb the Australian open on hard courts cornered.

Totally agree. With today's win that makes Nadal the second best of all time behind Federer. Great final and great championship.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ghost on January 30, 2022, 03:04:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2022, 02:59:19 PM

I can assure you I've never been on this board before under a different alias. Djokovic at his peak is obviously a better player than Medvedev but in the here and now they are on a par. By you're reasoning sampras should be beating Medvedev

The here and now has Novak at the top of the tree on the current seedings, by a good distance on the points. But you're here and now seems to be more up to date than APT

Estimator

Quote from: lenny on January 30, 2022, 03:11:50 PM

Totally agree. With today's win that makes Nadal the second best of all time behind Federer. Great final and great championship.

Of the 3, Novak and Rafa have multiple titles on all surfaces. Roger never managed that.

Nadal:
AO: 2
FO: 13
Wim: 2
USO: 4

Novak:
AO: 9
FO: 2
Wim: 6
USO: 3

Roger:
AO: 6
FO: 1
Wim: 8
USO: 5
Ulster League Champions 2009

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: lenny on January 30, 2022, 03:11:50 PM

;D Rafa owns Federer head to head, always has

Novak is the clear GOAT however