Hotels in Ireland

Started by flantheman82, January 21, 2010, 09:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Knockranny House Hotel in Westport- class.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: mc_grens on January 22, 2010, 03:05:11 PM
Knockranny House Hotel in Westport- class.
Bring a big wallet with you!

crossfire

Lots of special offers in todays Irish News.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 22, 2010, 11:36:21 PM
Lake Glen hotel.

Knocking shop!!!

Christ i can remeber that hotel, but it was bombed out.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

could have been, think i had my first carry out there!!!

was a dodgy spot...

ok off to bed early start tomorrow, little matter of an All Ireland (intermediate) hurling semi final to sort out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Anyone ever stayed at Lough Rynn in Leitrim?

Seems like a nice spot

heineken_on_tap

Never stayed there myself, sister and husband did a few weeks ago and they thought it was a class spot

It's where Brian o'driscoll is having the wedding reception so I suppose it can't be too bad.

Mhic Easmuint

Whats the Westport Plaza Hotel like? Anyone been?

Trevor Hill

Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2010, 05:11:27 PM
Anyone ever stayed at Lough Rynn in Leitrim?

Seems like a nice spot

Lough Rynn is very nice. Make sure you get one of the rooms in the converted stables as they are much bigger and a bit nicer than the standard room. The restaurant is excellent, fantastic food, great service and an excellent wine list.

Gold

Flan, never mind the places mentioned in Ulster. Go somewhere different, more random.

I was in Longford for a couple of weekends last year and it was great. Not too far but just away from everything/anyone you know. Plenty of nice bars/clubs and hotels. Had great craic there.

Also stayed in Trim, Co. Meath --nice place, surrounded by castles--it's where Braveheart was shot.

Stayed in Tullamore, Portlaois and Mullingar too--all county towns so big enough but are good craic with plenty of things to do/places to head out.

Carlingford in Louth is good with a good few wee bars and good craic

Let u know where you go

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

gawa316

Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 01, 2010, 09:20:28 PM

Lough Rynn is very nice. Make sure you get one of the rooms in the converted stables as they are much bigger and a bit nicer than the standard room. The restaurant is excellent, fantastic food, great service and an excellent wine list.

Would that be the eastern range classic or estate managers classic?

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on February 01, 2010, 08:27:24 PM
Whats the Westport Plaza Hotel like? Anyone been?

Stayed there for a night last year, I found it a nice clean modern type of hotel, it is also in the town so it is close to everything. If the price is right go for it.

flantheman82

I'm struggling at the minute to find a date to suit but it's a good complaint due to hurlers playing in intermediate hurling final and footballers playing in senior semi the following week.
Also half tempted to forget the Ireland thing all together and just book something abroad forthe summer where I'm guaranteed some sunshine.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2010, 10:51:02 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 01, 2010, 09:20:28 PM

Would that be the eastern range classic or estate managers classic?

From memory its the estate managers classic. You could always see if they would upgrade you to a suite. They will if they arent busy/have no weddings on.

Trevor Hill

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Kildare on Saturday night? The K Club are only asking €7500 for a suite, though a standard room is a snip at €300 including breakfast.