Physios? Feel heat but no pain in ankle joint?

Started by theskull1, July 03, 2009, 04:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Trained yesterday
Seem to have a full range of motion and don't sense any pain but this morning (although it's not that obvious) I do feel some heat at the back of the ankle joint (the outside). Is this something for me to be concerned about?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

High Wide and Handsome

"Swing er over!"

muppet

Quote from: theskull1 on July 03, 2009, 04:51:08 PM
Trained yesterday
Seem to have a full range of motion and don't sense any pain but this morning (although it's not that obvious) I do feel some heat at the back of the ankle joint (the outside). Is this something for me to be concerned about?

You have what is called Blouse's Syndrome.
MWWSI 2017

milltown row

Trained yesterday

when was the last time you trained? thought you were of an age were ya just turned up

Tony Baloney

Trained yesterday
Don't stand so close the fire.

Do you feel we have taken your condition seriously? :D

theskull1

Youse heurbags....seen 4 replies and thought I'd been diagnosed by professionals  :D

milltown/muppet at my age you have to one eye on getting to old age with a reasonable quality of life. I've even stopped wearing the hooker heels

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gnevin

Some of the lads on here know a magic women in a bog who can cure a sprained ankle in just a week!!  ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Overthebar!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: theskull1 on July 03, 2009, 06:08:12 PM
Youse heurbags....seen 4 replies and thought I'd been diagnosed by professionals  :D

milltown/muppet at my age you have to one eye on getting to old age with a reasonable quality of life. I've even stopped wearing the hooker heels

the heat is an indication that there is something in there that is healing itelf (heat is additional blood and oxygen rushing tothe area for repair purposes.

its odd that you feel no pain or have no indication of somthing that isnt right in movement etc

ice it anyway and rest until next training session. Slowly warm up and test your walking, easy turns left and right off that foot, tip toes, soft landing from a jump and then jogging, sprinting until you find that you have the full range and maybe it is just lack of training etc that is causing the 'healing'.
Otherwise if you experience a pain or discomfort , go to physio then armed with what your problem actually is.

I wouldnt chance it , there is obv something not right there.

muppet

Trained yesterday

More seriously is the skin red at that point?
MWWSI 2017