TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: Celt_Man on December 11, 2010, 12:48:32 AM
Been watching a decent amount of Fringe and Stargate Universe in the last few weeks - two decent enough shows...

Fringe is particularly good, good storylines and overall plot

I've nearly got up with all the episodes aired so far...

Reckon I'll have to give this Walking Dead a shout - what's The Event like???  Any use??
watched episode one and two of 'the event', didn't get around to watching more of it, although I had intended to.  The first episodes were mildly interesting.  A few lads on here have given it bad reviews and I kinda suspected it might be getting worse with each episode.
If you're downloading it, fair enough, but don't be buying it

ziggysego

Series 5 (31) of new Doctor Who has been quite wonderful, with Matt Smith as The Doctor and Steven Moffat (Press Gang & Coupling) as the new head writer. Really looking forward to the Christmas Special - A Christmas Carol.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

& Karen Gillan is quite good as well.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AFS

Quote from: Bogball XV on December 12, 2010, 01:20:59 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on December 11, 2010, 12:48:32 AM
Been watching a decent amount of Fringe and Stargate Universe in the last few weeks - two decent enough shows...

Fringe is particularly good, good storylines and overall plot

I've nearly got up with all the episodes aired so far...

Reckon I'll have to give this Walking Dead a shout - what's The Event like???  Any use??
watched episode one and two of 'the event', didn't get around to watching more of it, although I had intended to.  The first episodes were mildly interesting.  A few lads on here have given it bad reviews and I kinda suspected it might be getting worse with each episode.
If you're downloading it, fair enough, but don't be buying it

Very fair description. It has very weak central characters, which let it down big time. Poor ratings in the States too, with talk of it not getting any more than one series.

Doogie Browser

Jimmy McGovern's 'The Accused' has been great viewing the past 4/5 weeks.

Canalman

Finished the 1st season of Sons of Anarchy last night. A brilliant series imo and I would recommend it highly. Going for halfnothing at HMV at the moment.

Got a loan of 2 BBC boxsets at weekend from a mate

House of Cards trilogy
t**ker Tailor Soldier Spy

Really looking forward to them.

ross4life

Did anyone see Jerome Hughes Homeless at Christmas last night on TV3

I thought i was a very interesting insight to the homeless

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=50083&locID=1.2.&pagename=news
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Billys Boots

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 05, 2010, 09:26:40 PM
Boardwalk Empire is fantastic.

I never thought anything would come close to The Sopranos but this is up there.

Watched the last episode in the first series the other night, I'd agree with you - fascinating drama.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Real Laoislad

Just happened to turn on Spartacus which is on BRAVO right now,didn't realise there was so much roiding in it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orangemac

My wife was watching this for weeks on TV3 before I saw it.

Thought it was just a rip off of Gladiator until I saw it, serious amount of dirt in it.

John Hannah is good in it.

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 17, 2010, 11:57:04 PM
Just happened to turn on Spartacus which is on BRAVO right now,didn't realise there was so much roiding in it

Roiding?

this

or

The Real Laoislad

Do you have to reply to every post I make?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 18, 2010, 12:48:53 AM

No. Well you could always go AWOL for another month  ;) (might help your paranoia)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on December 18, 2010, 12:50:51 AM

Well you could always go AWOL for another month  ;)

Your the only one who has to keep posting on here when they are out of the country...if in fact you actually were in New York that time....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 18, 2010, 01:01:46 AM
Quote from: ross4life on December 18, 2010, 12:50:51 AM

Well you could always go AWOL for another month  ;)

Your the only one who has to keep posting on here when they are out of the country...if in fact you actually were in New York that time....

Yep your paranoia is getting quite serious now. for your information i'm almost always out of the country