TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillinger

Quote from: ross4life on January 16, 2010, 07:51:12 AM
has anyone seen Great British Railway Journeys which is on 630 each evening on bbc 2

the Documentary series in which Michael Portillo travels the length and breadth of the country by train (using the Bradshaw guidebook)

This is an excellent series and I found it by chance and cant wait for each one to appear. Michaels style of presentation is very relaxing and somehow gives out just the right amount of information whilst allowing us to see breathtaking views and a fascinating incite into the British railways

only a few shows left but are sure to be repeated

very good

Billys Boots

Modern Family is good, and funny.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Quote from: Fluffy Che on January 16, 2010, 09:52:51 AM
Nurse Jackie, currently getting fcuked around all over the place on BBC 2 is worth a gander. Stars Edie Falco ( T. Soprano's other half ) nice shade of black humour and great acting.

Started watching this. . . fantastically dark with some great dialogue and characters!

Archie Mitchell

Anyone seen this Glee show? Won a Golden Globe last night. Is it worth all the hype or is it just another one of the shows like High School Musical and the likes. 

Newbridge Exile

Watched the first 2 episodes of Glee last week  and enjoyed it immensely, lots of your typical high school stereotypes but it doesn't take itself too seriously and has some very funny moments in it

Santino

Quote from: screenexile on January 05, 2010, 02:13:12 PM
Quote from: Santino on January 04, 2010, 10:37:00 PM
Just finished season 4 of Dexter which finished few wks ago in the states.
Best season since the first, with one of the most compelling characters i recall in any tv series in a long time in the Trinity killer

I'm definitely having that Santino... John Lithgow puts in as good a TV acting performance as I've ever witnessed he was simply amazing! For me it was the best series of Dexter so far and the best ending to a series I have ever seen.

I have to also say I am becoming increasingly disillusioned by the Sci Fi guff being produced in America these days. . . Heroes, Lost and Flashforwad seem to be big flash interesting shows then the story disintegrates into a million different pieces leaving you baffled and confused rather than entertained! I watched Heroes religiously and started flashforward but have given them both up at this stage!

See John Lithgow got a Golden Globe for his performance as Trinity.
Well deserved!

Tony Baloney

Jack is back.
24 - Day 8(I think!) starts tonight at 9pm on Sky 1.

leenie

as mention by others........ glee

its a class show....

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

pintsofguinness

that glee is a kids teenage girls show

I've wasted the entire weekend watching episode after episode of NCIS.  It's not criminal minds but it's very good!
I can't believe Kate died though  :'(  :'(  :'(
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

EagleLord

I liked thon GLEE show myself to be honest..

AbbeySider

Whats FlashForward like?
Is it long on RTE or is it starting tonight?

ballinaman

Quote from: AbbeySider on February 01, 2010, 11:55:56 AM
Whats FlashForward like?

Been on about 4 weeks now i'd say, fairly meh to be honest, nothing special but not bad either

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: AbbeySider on February 01, 2010, 11:55:56 AM
Whats FlashForward like?

Seen up to the 10th or so episode, its now on break (they do that in US for some reason midway through a series  ???). It started well, but it's a bit trashy/pish poor now.

Lost is back on this week. Has loads of critics, but at its core it's still a great show. I let them build up and watch about 3 or 4 together on download, ie no ads. Couldn't watch it on TV.

Haven't read the whole thread but the best shows still on TV are:
Mad Men
Rescue Me
Entourage
Dexter

My all time favourites other than above are:
Sopranos
The Wire
Battlestar Galactica
Deadwood
Six Feet Under
Band of Brothers
West Wing
The Shield
Black Books

Recommend any of them for boxsets/downloading.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Celt_Man

After watching the complete 3 seasons of Deadwood in the last while... absolutely top notch stuff couldn't recommend it enough.  Pity it didn't keep going because I was surprised it ended the way it did.  Since the end there was talk of 2 TV movies but looks like that has petered out
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Archie Mitchell

30 Rock is a great show. Watched all 4 series in past month or so. Well worth watching.

The Cleveland show is good as well.