TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: MasterShake on November 28, 2012, 04:09:34 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on November 28, 2012, 08:52:45 AM
Quote from: Bingo on November 06, 2012, 12:42:11 PM
I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

It and Homelands this evening are great to watch.

When did Peter Quinn come under suspicion so that they discovered his links to shady illegal operations?

***SPOILER ALERT***

Early in Season 2 when we were first introduced to "Peter Quinn", Saul asked Virgil and Max (a great and understated duo) to do some digging on Quinn.
Saul, who has been with the CIA for 30 years, and knows everybody in the intelligence analysis field, had never heard of him. Neither had Carrie. Both knew it was weird that Quinn was unknown to them, and yet he's assigned to head a team to track and trap Brody - an agent of Abu Nazir.
The break-in at Quinn's place was the culmination of Virgil and Max's digging, as they could find nothing else on him. Tho it is weird that the show should only loop back round to that sub-plot seven odd episodes after first mentioning it.

Good summary!

It should be noted though that the timeframe for this show isn't that long, its not over a period of months but weeks. It may also have taken a back seat as everything else has happened so quick - brody been unmasked, him confessing, new terrorist guy emerging and disappearing, Quinn getting shot, brody becoming unstable and running.

Great episode last night, back on track.

AFS

Homeland question: Why does Brody's wife call him Brody? His first name is Nicholas. This annoys me. Her horrible acting also annoys me. And her disappointing boobs.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on November 29, 2012, 12:17:59 AM
Homeland question: Why does Brody's wife call him Brody? His first name is Nicholas. This annoys me. Her horrible acting also annoys me. And her disappointing boobs.
I thought her boobs were reasonable.

Bingo

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 29, 2012, 12:57:36 AM

I thought that was an extremely "good" scene. Who watching wasn't wishing to be in Mikes position  8)

ballinaman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 29, 2012, 12:57:36 AM
For a lizard she's grand alright. Good summary regarding the Quinn plot there, found myself going what the f**k.

Got landed tickets for the audience of Craig Doyle Show last night...on TV tonight. Doyle is a right bollix, really arrogant to a few lads in the crowd who were only having a bit of craic. Greg Proops and the Principal from the Inbetweeners were actually funny enough, I was shocked. Louis Walsh was on too, gives the Irish Sun a right going over.
Went for the gawk at RTE more than anything else, free wine before was handy too.

Hardy

Craig Doyle – now there's a question. What exactly is his talent, his area of expertise, his experience, his training, his body of knowledge or what particular aptitude, capacity, flair, gift or ability (thanks, Mr. Roget)  qualifies him for anything, much less to present himself to an audience of millions as someone who merits being listened to for any length of time beyond two-and-a-half seconds or being looked at for any reason at all other than to illustrate to your kids what a **** looks like?

I'm going to sponsor a little competition. A prize for the best new word minted to describe the particular package of posing, talentless complacency that is Craig Doyle.

The prize? I'll scan the TV schedules daily and text the winner with a twelve-hour warning of any potential inadvertent sighting of Doylery in casual channel-flicking.

LeoMc

I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

When did Peter Quinn come under suspicion so that they discovered his links to shady illegal operations?

***SPOILER ALERT***

Early in Season 2 when we were first introduced to "Peter Quinn", Saul asked Virgil and Max (a great and understated duo) to do some digging on Quinn.
Saul, who has been with the CIA for 30 years, and knows everybody in the intelligence analysis field, had never heard of him. Neither had Carrie. Both knew it was weird that Quinn was unknown to them, and yet he's assigned to head a team to track and trap Brody - an agent of Abu Nazir.
The break-in at Quinn's place was the culmination of Virgil and Max's digging, as they could find nothing else on him. Tho it is weird that the show should only loop back round to that sub-plot seven odd episodes after first mentioning it.
Cheers, sounds familiar now that you summarise it.
Didn't realise his first name was Peter until Tuesday night.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on November 29, 2012, 11:52:19 AM
Craig Doyle – now there's a question. What exactly is his talent, his area of expertise, his experience, his training, his body of knowledge or what particular aptitude, capacity, flair, gift or ability (thanks, Mr. Roget)  qualifies him for anything, much less to present himself to an audience of millions as someone who merits being listened to for any length of time beyond two-and-a-half seconds or being looked at for any reason at all other than to illustrate to your kids what a **** looks like?

I'm going to sponsor a little competition. A prize for the best new word minted to describe the particular package of posing, talentless complacency that is Craig Doyle.

The prize? I'll scan the TV schedules daily and text the winner with a twelve-hour warning of any potential inadvertent sighting of Doylery in casual channel-flicking.

Troglodoily - frilly, ornamental and impractical, should live in a cave.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ballinaman

Quote from: Hardy on November 29, 2012, 11:52:19 AM

Agree 100%. He could read from the auto q with ease but any sort of off the cuff banter, you could see how awkward he was.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: LeoMc on November 29, 2012, 11:54:39 AM

***SPOILER ALERT***

Cheers, sounds familiar now that you summarise it.
Didn't realise his first name was Peter until Tuesday night.

Great finish to that episode. Wasn't too handy when he was in Gettysburg getting shot up, played dead really well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the Deel Rover

Quote from: laoislad on November 12, 2012, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: Declan on November 12, 2012, 10:23:51 PM
QuoteWhat did yiz think of the new love/hate episode?

Thought it was great.
Just watched it there. Brilliant show.

Missed the 1st 2 series so the box set is a must for christmas . I'm glued to series 3 great show imo . Nearly scared to talk to a dub at this stage  ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Syferus

Jaysus, St. Brigid(s) is even getting mentioned in Dexter. You won't here the patron saint of Cross (Wee Osin, of course) getting that sort of 'mad props' from excellent television shows.

laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 03, 2012, 02:21:10 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 12, 2012, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: Declan on November 12, 2012, 10:23:51 PM
QuoteWhat did yiz think of the new love/hate episode?

Thought it was great.
Just watched it there. Brilliant show.

Missed the 1st 2 series so the box set is a must for christmas . I'm glued to series 3 great show imo . Nearly scared to talk to a dub at this stage  ;) :D

Don't ever trust a Dub!
And now they have Nordie animals in the show too!
Great show though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Celt_Man

Great finish to The Walking Dead mid-season finale.... Turning into a top top show

Looking forward to a very lazy holidays (all I can really afford anyway!!) and tearing into The Borgias, Strike Back: Vengance, Continuum, Fringe, Supernatural Season 7 and a rip of movies too!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

laoislad

Great season ending episode of  Love/Hate tonight.
What a show it is too,possibly the best show RTE have ever made imo,looking forward to season 4!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.