TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: mc_grens on December 03, 2011, 11:40:01 AM
Quote from: clarshack on December 03, 2011, 11:09:29 AM
anyone else still watching the walking dead? i thought the mid season finale was pretty good.

american horror story isnt bad either.

Been watching TWD. Not as good as the fantastic first series, but the end of the mid season finale was absolutely cracking.

This season has been at a slower pace but the mid season finale was good, with a brilliant ending.

Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on December 03, 2011, 11:21:16 AM
An old show that's only grown on me recently - Everybody Loves Raymond. Used to hate it!

Haven't watched it as much over the past year or two, but from about 2006 to 2009 I caught it every morning when getting ready for work - unbelievable show, probably the funniest I have watched.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

el_cuervo_fc

Did anyone watch "Black Mirror" on Sunday?  It was a good show but Jesus the plot was a bit fkd up

Canalman

Watched the programme last night about the Royal Bank of Scotland. Very good , especially the recordings of the company press conferences/"profit" announcements. Spoofing and doublespeaking galore.

On BBC2 player I suppose, would recommend to our northern posters to have a look at it.

tbrick18

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 06, 2011, 11:57:56 AM
Did anyone watch "Black Mirror" on Sunday?  It was a good show but Jesus the plot was a bit fkd up

Aye I saw it....twas a bit of a weird story alright.

ziggysego

Life's Too Short on BBC 2. I like it, very funny. I recognise a lot of the public prespection in this.
Testing Accessibility

shawshank

Quote from: clarshack on December 03, 2011, 11:09:29 AM
anyone else still watching the walking dead? i thought the mid season finale was pretty good.

american horror story isnt bad either.

Yeah, not bad at all

screenexile

Quote from: ziggysego on December 06, 2011, 03:34:58 PM
Life's Too Short on BBC 2. I like it, very funny. I recognise a lot of the public prespection in this.

I'm usually a big Gervais fan but I heard bad reviews about this and the first episode got panned.

I've since noticed more people commenting on how good it is so I may give it a go.

Canalman

Watched my first (and last) half episode of Hardy Bucks (sic) recently.Can't see what the fuss is all about .............. thought it was dung tbh. A very poor take on Trailer Park Boys from the 10/15 minutes or so I saw.

ballinaman

Quote from: Canalman on December 06, 2011, 05:28:53 PM
Watched my first (and last) half episode of Hardy Bucks (sic) recently.Can't see what the fuss is all about .............. thought it was dung tbh. A very poor take on Trailer Park Boys from the 10/15 minutes or so I saw.
It's got a cult following from its youtube days and has taken off then. Don't know anyone over the age of 30 who likes it and that's fair enough. Personally I think some of the one liners and the delivery of them, particularly by Buzz are quality.

The Worker

Looking to watch a new series, what would people recommend, dexter or breaking bad?

ziggysego

Quote from: screenexile on December 06, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 06, 2011, 03:34:58 PM

I'm usually a big Gervais fan but I heard bad reviews about this and the first episode got panned.

I've since noticed more people commenting on how good it is so I may give it a go.

The bad reviews are mainly coming from the PC army.
Testing Accessibility

trileacman

Quote from: ballinaman on December 06, 2011, 05:46:16 PM
Quote from: Canalman on December 06, 2011, 05:28:53 PM
It's got a cult following from its youtube days and has taken off then. Don't know anyone over the age of 30 who likes it and that's fair enough. Personally I think some of the one liners and the delivery of them, particularly by Buzz are quality.

Likewise, can sometimes be hit or miss but I get alot out of it. The "king of the town" episode was genius in my view. garda exchange programme was brilliant as well. I think part of it is you need to recognise local people in the characters displayed and over a certain age or outside certain regions, you won't get it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Orangemac

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 06, 2011, 01:46:39 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 06, 2011, 11:57:56 AM

Aye I saw it....twas a bit of a weird story alright.
F***d up plot but great show all right. Charlie Brooker has some imagination. Further 2 parts to come,should be good.

Orangemac

Quote from: Canalman on December 06, 2011, 12:41:48 PM
Watched the programme last night about the Royal Bank of Scotland. Very good , especially the recordings of the company press conferences/"profit" announcements. Spoofing and doublespeaking galore.

On BBC2 player I suppose, would recommend to our northern posters to have a look at it.
Compulsive viewing. Like Anglo and Quinn these people thought they were masters of the universe, that everything they touched turned to gold.

When the chairman was asked about exposure to subprime, argued it would not affect them as they had repackaged it and moved it on. Hadn't a clue.

Noticed most of them had knighthoods and MBEs etc.

Celt_Man

Currently watching season 10 or 11 on Sky Atlantic at the minute (and have been since the channel launched - I really don't want to sit down and think how much time this past time I've spent watching that show!!)

Also have Stargate Universe S2 on the Sky+, currently making my way through that.

Watching Friday Night Lights s2 on the laptop, very good show so far seen how the rest of the series pans out..

Also have Treme, the Borgias, Game of Thrones, the Kennedys lined up on Sky+
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010