Author Topic: Running  (Read 672349 times)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
Re: Running
« Reply #6030 on: March 22, 2022, 05:03:46 PM »
Have a half coming up in the middle of May but haven't been able to run without my calf going for nearly 8 weeks... I think the physio has me on the right track now but it'll only be 6 weeks of training barring injury.

Is it doable? I'm not too arsed about time at this stage just hoping to get around in less than 2 hours.

The main goal is Dublin at the end of October so hopefully i can go full steam ahead for that.

Your taking this new Jack Reacher to heart lol!! A good paced jog will get you round without hampering the calf, providing your physio is confident. Is there a pace that you feel that the calf starts to ache or a distance?

I haven't been going particularly fast it's gone on my short runs which are kind of around 8-8.5minute miles.

I got up to 10miles @ 10min mile pace at the end of Jan and it was fine then. Apparently I've a weakness in my hamstring which is putting too much pressure on the calf and if I can strengthen it over the next few weeks it should be OK.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: May 01, 2022, 07:43:54 PM »
Anyone do the Belfast Marathon the day?

Did one of the relay legs and thankfully rain held off.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

laoislad

• 0-5
    • View Profile
    • https://youtu.be/meuYMrjJ-oc
« Reply #6032 on: May 01, 2022, 07:48:46 PM »

Did it go off without a hiccup today? Always seems to be something wrong happening at it.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: May 01, 2022, 07:57:03 PM »

Did it go off without a hiccup today? Always seems to be something wrong happening at it.

Seemed to as far as I could see. No times out yet though but think they are always a bit slow on that.
Turned out a good enough day for it in the end. Was expecting a complete wash out at one point.

SHEEDY

• View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: May 01, 2022, 08:19:58 PM »

did it myself, finished in 3 hours 2 mins, tough run, calf's cramped up in last few miles. Everything went well as far as I seen, rain held off well and pack collection was night and day from last year.
nil satis nisi optimum

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: May 01, 2022, 09:13:33 PM »

did it myself, finished in 3 hours 2 mins, tough run, calf's cramped up in last few miles. Everything went well as far as I seen, rain held off well and pack collection was night and day from last year.

That is some time well done. Must be putting in serious miles. Did a half a few weeks ago and think that is my limit for the time being. Just too many time constraints.

SHEEDY

• View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: May 01, 2022, 09:40:25 PM »

That is some time well done. Must be putting in serious miles. Did a half a few weeks ago and think that is my limit for the time being. Just too many time constraints.
Doing about 40 miles a week, hadn't as many longer runs done in build up to this and it definitely showed in last few miles. Ormeau rd never gets easier.
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: May 01, 2022, 10:51:56 PM »

Doing about 40 miles a week, hadn't as many longer runs done in build up to this and it definitely showed in last few miles. Ormeau rd never gets easier.

Ormeau is not easy, that gradual climb is a killer.amazing time all the same
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea