Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

aye i know, sort of hoping for 9/10 mins but people keep telling me not a chance!!

Want to get her done so i can get back to Bureau for some bugers and beers ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on May 01, 2011, 09:03:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2011, 08:58:58 PM
aye i know, sort of hoping for 9/10 mins but people keep telling me not a chance!!

You ought to be ashamed anyway, milltown, Aidso Murray and Sean Shannon are doing the whole thing!

Whose car are they taking?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Whatever you fancy yourself wee man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 01, 2011, 09:31:34 PM

Whatever you fancy yourself wee man.

;D ;D

Burgers then ;) will try the other thing after a few beers :D
Quote from: hardstation on May 01, 2011, 09:03:00 PM

Want to get her done so i can get back to Bureau for some burgers and beers ;)
You ought to be ashamed anyway, milltown, Aidso Murray and Sean Shannon are doing the whole thing!

Aidso would probably be still fit. I'll do this and see if i have a notion for actually doing the whole thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

MR 9 / 10 minute miles shouldn't be too hard for that distance if you are keeping yourself in any kind of shape. 9 / 10 minute miles isn't shifting particularly much - just don't go off to fast and it will be easy.

lurganblue

Doing the first six myself. I would love to do the whole lot but every time I get to longer miles in training I pick up an injury. Feckin 2 weeks before the Dublin marathon last year ffs

David McKeown

Only doing 3.5 tomorrow but I've put on zoo much weight the last two years I'm really dreading it but ah well it's all for charity.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Milltown Row2

Well done to all who ran the marathon or like myself and thousands of others a leg or two of it, was powerfully warm today but I managed the 4th leg in 42 minutes!! Surprised myself as I hadn't done a pick of training!!

8 minute mile, while I don't have a bug for running I would be tempted to do 2 legs maybe next year, with a bit of training of course. Now I'm off to have a few beers at the local

orangeman

Jacob Chesire wins Belfast marathon in record time

Jacob Chesire from Kenya has won this year's marathon in a record-breaking time of two hours 14 minutes and 56 seconds.

The previous record was two hours 15 minutes and 51 seconds by Marty Deane in 1985.

Up to 21,000 people are taking part in events connected to the 30th Belfast Marathon.

Race director David Seaton said the event was "very good" for Belfast with the biggest number of entrants ever.

"We have 21,000 people of all shapes, sizes and athletic abilities," he said.

"It is the biggest entry we have ever had over the years. We, as organisers, are delighted."

Mr Seaton said the conditions were perhaps a little warm for those running the full marathon.

"It will be okay for the fun runners and, maybe, the relay runners. But for some of the marathon runners, out for three or three and a half hours, it could be pretty awkward."

Orior

Brokencrossbar last spotted on the Antrim Road about 11am and full of beans. Wonder how long that lasted!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Denn Forever

Quote from: Orior on May 02, 2011, 02:39:17 PM
Brokencrossbar last spotted on the Antrim Road about 11am and full of beans. Wonder how long that lasted!

Don't know but he was posting on the Liverpool thread at 16.30 ish.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 01, 2011, 04:37:33 PM
If liverpool win their last 3 games they will get 5th barring a goal scoring miracle by spurs. Liverpool have 8 goal advantage. Even if they won last 3 games 1 nil it would mean spurs scoring 12 clear goals in 3 games, with 1 game against Man City.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

brokencrossbar1

Wrong day Denn!  Finished and on the way home. Didn't do it as fast as I hoped but finished and for that I am satisfied. Orior didn't stalk me like last year but his encouragement was welcome.  O'Neill didn't give me the promised kick in the hole, I don't know which of us was the fastest;) Any thoughts of a third one are well and truly on ice! Home now for fat food and beer!

AZOffaly

Fair play to all of ye who did the run. I will, of course, require photographic evidence of the Cross man crossing the line.

brokencrossbar1

Evidence sent old boy!

paco

It's probably been covered by someone else on here, but I bought a pair of Asics GT-2150 (which are support trainers) and I think I should have just stuck with neutral trainers. I also think I remember reading here that that Up & Running shop, down the street from the Europa Hotel, can test your pronation and do it for free if you buy a pair of trainers, is this true? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'd like to get checked out just to be sure.