Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

I'm working from home for the last 2 years as well. Think it definitely has an impact. Really don't want to rest it now when only started again. But also wary I don't want to kick the can down the road either until it becomes worse and need longer recover. 😢
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 11, 2022, 03:36:22 PM
Just started back running again and on first run during warm up mile I started getting Achilles pain. Not severe but restricting a bit. I know these sort of injuries can just happen but usually when increasing the load. This was literally my first run in months. So annoying when finally decided to get back into it.
I continued on and it was sore for first mile and a half or so then seemed to loosen up. But very sore next day so left it 3-4 days and tried another run. Same thing.
Again left it another decent break but same again. Just sore when starting and then really sore next day.
Really frustrating. And one any good ways of treating the Achilles that doesn't involve resting it for ages.

If it's your first run in months then it should have been a very slow 2 miler no more, your body isn't like your head thinking ah sure I'll be grand!

Rest is best! Did a match yesterday, first since mid December, knee hurts like crazy, it's carrying all my Xmas weight! Not good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2022, 08:48:43 PM
Just started back running again and on first run during warm up mile I started getting Achilles pain. Not severe but restricting a bit. I know these sort of injuries can just happen but usually when increasing the load. This was literally my first run in months. So annoying when finally decided to get back into it.
I continued on and it was sore for first mile and a half or so then seemed to loosen up. But very sore next day so left it 3-4 days and tried another run. Same thing.
Again left it another decent break but same again. Just sore when starting and then really sore next day.
Really frustrating. And one any good ways of treating the Achilles that doesn't involve resting it for ages.

If it's your first run in months then it should have been a very slow 2 miler no more, your body isn't like your head thinking ah sure I'll be grand!

Rest is best! Did a match yesterday, first since mid December, knee hurts like crazy, it's carrying all my Xmas weight! Not good
It was a real slow one. And pain started in the 2nd mile.  Haven't pushed at all since, everything been round 70% pace. Rested for 6 months and was hoping to try and build up but not looking likely now!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 11, 2022, 08:55:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2022, 08:48:43 PM

It was a real slow one. And pain started in the 2nd mile.  Haven't pushed at all since, everything been round 70% pace. Rested for 6 months and was hoping to try and build up but not looking likely now!!

Last year I went to a sports physio for the same knee that's flaring up now, 6/7 sessions and I was back at it, all my normal stuff and doing the Mournes about 20 times .

Mine was down to not strengthening the muscles around the joint, gyms were closed, start working on strengthening that Achilles, hopefully that'll lessen the pressure on it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

RIP Ashling Murphy, she was only going for a run😢
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

Absolutely horrendous  >:(

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 13, 2022, 08:09:00 PM
Absolutely horrendous  >:(
Have been thinking about it all day, I dunno if it is the runner angle of the story but I can't stop thinking about her. Imagine putting on your runners,heading out the door and that happening to you.
It's just sickening. Some absolute sick bastards out there.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Four o'clock in the day. Unbelievable. I think it's the runner angle too as I would nearly feel the same. Just unbelievable that someone would have it in them to do something like this >:(

I read a while ago about eilish mccolgan and she was saying she wouldn't run at night. The world's not a safe place for women sometimes  :(

laoislad

Quote from: The Bearded One on December 20, 2021, 09:08:04 AM
Thanks @laoislad it's great news (provided I am lucky!)
Ballot results announce today, did you get in?

The Bearded One

I did indeed, I'm delighted. I've a bit of unfinished business to deal with...!
It is what it is. Presumably.

laoislad

Quote from: The Bearded One on January 17, 2022, 01:22:17 PM
I did indeed, I'm delighted. I've a bit of unfinished business to deal with...!
Good stuff 👍

laoislad

I've signed up for the 3/4 Marathon in Longwood 3 weeks before Dublin.
Will use it as the last long run before the Marathon.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on January 17, 2022, 12:57:16 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on December 20, 2021, 09:08:04 AM
Thanks @laoislad it's great news (provided I am lucky!)
Ballot results announce today, did you get in?

Was successful as well!! Have never ran more than 10km so this will be a big step up... something to aim for though and I've always wanted to do a marathon.

The Bearded One

Dublin marathon is something else, the atmosphere around the course is brilliant and the fact it's a familiar city to me helps as well. Hopefully everyone stays injury free now and the training block goes well 🤞🏾
It is what it is. Presumably.

laoislad

Yeah it's a good one alright. Tough though, lot of climbing for the first 15 miles or so. The atmosphere is something else right throughout the course.
Can't wait for it though, hopefully it and the Race Series go ahead.