Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Lads,

Are any of ye doing or have done the Connamarathon, got an e-mail today regarding picking up race number etc., the race numbers can only be picked up in Galway the day before, buses to and from the start/finish from Galway and best of all any spectator that wants to go has to pay a tenner (Adult) and 8 euros (child) to access the course. All this on top of a 70 euro admission fee......................... A bit much i think...............

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2013, 05:37:37 PM
I work in Larne so I know the snow wouldn't be on the roads as much as other places but the head wind coming in on way back with the cold will be deadly!!

There are 40 mile an hour winds predicted along the coast...

I am not feeling the love for doing this race at all... I am looking a time and won't be getting one this weekend!

Bingo

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on March 21, 2013, 08:33:33 PM
Lads,

Are any of ye doing or have done the Connamarathon, got an e-mail today regarding picking up race number etc., the race numbers can only be picked up in Galway the day before, buses to and from the start/finish from Galway and best of all any spectator that wants to go has to pay a tenner (Adult) and 8 euros (child) to access the course. All this on top of a 70 euro admission fee......................... A bit much i think...............

I'm doing it and got the same email. I'd have thought you knew all this before signing up? It be standard enough for marathons to have registration the day before, is it not. I also think there is an option to collect it in Cliftden the day before.

Looking forward to it myself. Just over 2 weeks to go, we're staying over in Galway, so will be sampling a few creamy pints afterwards in Galway to help with rehydration  :)

theticklemister

Any endurance running ideas for early season training for a gaa team ; trying as many as possible not to bore the boys out and I dislike the usual running around the pitch as it is boring. Training will be down in a poorly lit grass area.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 21, 2013, 08:38:57 PM
I work in Larne so I know the snow wouldn't be on the roads as much as other places but the head wind coming in on way back with the cold will be deadly!!

I am not feeling the love for doing this race at all... I am looking a time and won't be getting one this weekend!

Was joking about the Duffle coat, but on second thoughts............
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleafgael

Omagh Half on next Saturday if the weather doesn't pick up tommy. Good course for a fast time, 2000 expected on the day and it will be well organised.

http://www.omaghharriers.com/omagh-half-marathon

Milltown Row2

Quote from: oakleafgael on March 22, 2013, 09:32:48 AM

Omagh Half on next Saturday if the weather doesn't pick up tommy. Good course for a fast time, 2000 expected on the day and it will be well organised.

http://www.omaghharriers.com/omagh-half-marathon

Weather is fooking crap, I am in two minds about Saturdays race, that's a fierce winday sleety day, and for most parts on this race you are running on the footpath and cars (in these conditions) driving towards you doesn't fill me with confidence
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Latest update :

Larne Half Marathon 2013

Saturday 23rd March

UPDATE (Friday 22nd 1.00pm)

The Larne Half Marathon is currently going ahead as planned on Saturday - the course remains clear of snow. The weather situation continues to be monitored and further updates will be posted this evening

imtommygunn

I've talked myself out of it MR. There's a 5k on wednesday I'm going to race instead and I'll do another half later in the year. I'm away so can't make Omagh.

I think the race will be on but Belfast weather is miserable. It's been blizzards all day long and I'll be lucky to get the car out in the morning at this rate.

Milltown Row2

Mental weather. might look at the Omagh one. Disappointed if truth be told, feel for the organisers

imtommygunn

Ai , I'd be disappointed to as I've targeted this from the start of the year. Unfortunately I can't make the Omagh one.

Organisational nightmare but they're doing all they can to keep it on to be fair to them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 22, 2013, 03:06:22 PM
Ai , I'd be disappointed to as I've targeted this from the start of the year. Unfortunately I can't make the Omagh one.

Organisational nightmare but they're doing all they can to keep it on to be fair to them.

Yeah they are, fair amount of runners though coming from all over to run in it and they may not make it due to weather!!

Ah well, will hit gym later and tomorrow morning to make up for it

muppet

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 21, 2013, 06:40:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 25, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
After failing to get to 5K last year due to injury, old age and frustration, I started again today.

I ran 1 mile, badly. I am absolutely f*cked.

From now on, can all runners posting here divide their distances by 10 so I don't feel too bad?

Muppet, keep her lit, I am just back running after a long lay off (serious injury, my leg had a very bad case of lazy arsed-itis!).  You and I can compare our absolute shitedness in terms of metres coverd and days taken!!!  BTW, you have an absolute unfair physical advantage over me, I am a fat b**tard!

Just back from Monsoon training an hour ago.

Went all the way back to the start of C25K. I am determined to finish this time.
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Larne half marathon postponed tomorrow to a later date, so ye lads will get another day at it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bingo on March 22, 2013, 09:28:53 PM
Larne half marathon postponed tomorrow to a later date, so ye lads will get another day at it.

Aye noticed that, was inevitable with the amount of snow/sleet still coming down.