Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Cheers Ballinaman. I've a bit of work to do but will look at a few 10kms and 5kms over coming months and some speed work. I've at least another stone to lose and alot of toning to do, particularly on core but if I can get that, I can go faster and longer.

Rather than thinking "thats in, i'm done", I'm looking forward to pushing on. On way home yesterday we where looking at the marathon calender and seeing where we can head to next year.

I actually remember seeing those signs yeaterday. A few others had "Run like you stole it" and another that made me smile (well at least grin) round the 23 mile mark was "why are you reading this, get a move on"

Fair play to you heading for a run, I'm at work and it took me a minute to walk to the bog after sitting for a hour!

Declan

Well done lads. Great achievements all round

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on October 30, 2012, 11:37:11 AM
Cheers Ballinaman. I've a bit of work to do but will look at a few 10kms and 5kms over coming months and some speed work. I've at least another stone to lose and alot of toning to do, particularly on core but if I can get that, I can go faster and longer.

Rather than thinking "thats in, i'm done", I'm looking forward to pushing on. On way home yesterday we where looking at the marathon calender and seeing where we can head to next year.

I actually remember seeing those signs yeaterday. A few others had "Run like you stole it" and another that made me smile (well at least grin) round the 23 mile mark was "why are you reading this, get a move on"

Fair play to you heading for a run, I'm at work and it took me a minute to walk to the bog after sitting for a hour!
Made sure to book today off, was a bit odd last year people coming into get Physio and there's me hobbling around the room. :D
Got some quare looks off people running down by the seafront in Clontarf there, people must have thought I stole the marathon tshirt from yesterday!
I'll take it easy for the next month, bit of 5 a side to keep sharp but I'll tip up to your 5K at the start of December all going well!

Thanks Declan.

Bingo

By the way, does your t-shirt fit? They a bit on the small side, i got a medium and body wise it fits, just about but the sleeves are short. My mate got a large and it the same.

If your down for the 5km let me know, should be a good race.

ballinaman

Ya, seemed ok this morning, I went for a large even though I'm medium in everything else. Got a large last year and the large was on the skimpy side of things then. I'm sure you could email them and ask for a swap.Ya, I'll spin up, only up the road sure.

Mayo4Sam

Delighted with yesterday, don't know how ur out for a run today Ballinaman.
Seen as I knew I didn't have enough long distance stuff done the plan was to go out strong to 20 miles and then just get home, round th 18 miles mark the times started slowing rapidly from 5:10/k out to 5:20,5:40 and 6, the 3:45 pacers passed me at mile 20 but got home in 3:52, delighted, aim was for sub four.
Met Tom Horkan afterwards, he is some man, 4:20, up from 4 hours last year, his 36th marathon, the man must be the far side of 75!
He reckoned there was 60/70 people from Ballina doing it

I'll be sticking to triathlons and 5k/10ks from now on though!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 30, 2012, 04:15:50 PM
Delighted with yesterday, don't know how ur out for a run today Ballinaman.
Seen as I knew I didn't have enough long distance stuff done the plan was to go out strong to 20 miles and then just get home, round th 18 miles mark the times started slowing rapidly from 5:10/k out to 5:20,5:40 and 6, the 3:45 pacers passed me at mile 20 but got home in 3:52, delighted, aim was for sub four.
Met Tom Horkan afterwards, he is some man, 4:20, up from 4 hours last year, his 36th marathon, the man must be the far side of 75!
He reckoned there was 60/70 people from Ballina doing it

I'll be sticking to triathlons and 5k/10ks from now on though!
That's unreal, fair fcuks to you considering your 1st 10k race was a week before the race! The triathlons obviously set you up well, class running it has to be said. Tom is a legend, don't know how he does it, an inspiration. I know of about 23 runners from Ballina and the surrounds who did it for definite but there could be more. We're giving Mayo AC serious trouble in team events now which is brilliant considering they've the whole county to gather runners from.

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on October 29, 2012, 04:04:32 PM
Congrats Moysider, brilliant run.

Tough to find the words to express how happy I am now, ridiculously satisfying. Will give a better race support later.

Fist pumping to the crowd for the last mile when I knew it was in the bag.

Lifelong goal obtained.

Well done Ballinaman. Great stuff.

Well done to everybody that ran it and to all those that came out on the streets.

tyroneman

Gutted - trained away for Dublin and got floored by calf injury. 

Don't want to waste all that training so aiming to do one early next year instead.

Has anyone tried the Tralee marathon?

Mayo4Sam

Went back training tonite on the track, 1,000m reps, tough going, sore and tired legs

imtommygunn

I trained with a few tonight who ran monday mayo4sam... Youd'd be as well taking it easy for a bit.

Great running by all you guys.

Mayo4Sam

Don't worry I won't be busting myself for a while, pool in the morning and then back on the bike for November

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 01, 2012, 09:31:12 PM
Went back training tonite on the track, 1,000m reps, tough going, sore and tired legs
Fair play, I went to cross the road quickly yesterday in a burst.. Legs didn't react at all, think I better wait for the green man for another few days. Tissue around left ankle very sore still, only showed its face on tuesday though. Odd.
3 sessions next week to get back on the horse for castleblaney 5k!

Milltown Row2

Did the Park run today, boy it was slippy in places. Was well turned out with 172 runners, lots of runners there had done the Dublin marathon and back out again!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

Had my first run yesterday since marathon, legs felt right.

Legs didn't feel so right after it! And was only 6km as well, although I did push a bit hard for the last 4kms or so. Massive difference in the LSR runs of the marathon and coming back down for the 5km pace.

Bit of work to do before the 2nd December, intervals and reps this week i think to try and get some pace back and breathing back. Plus cut out the junk food that was on the menu as treats since the marathon!