The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 16, 2022, 10:55:07 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 16, 2022, 10:36:51 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 08:50:07 PM
I think J70 only gets exposed to good old fashioned working class Democrats down in the City

Up here in Massachusetts we have the extremely wealthy types-the ones who'd sicken your fvckin hole with all their woke bvllshit.

God forbid a black person or a poor person would come within a mile of them or any one of their family members

They're all for diversity until it shows up on their doorstep

I've shared the story on here before of a very wealthy couple in our town.  A regular working fella inherited his grandmothers house and moved in next door to them. They made his life a living hell with all types of frivolous border disputes. He didn't have the money to lawyer up so he put his house on the market. Guess who bought it and demolished it to enlarge their garden? Yep-the ones next door

They used to have a bumper sticker proclaiming to be the 99%. They currently have one of those signs in their yards that states:

In this House, we believe

Black Lives Matter
Womens rights are Human Rights
No Human is Illegal
Science is Real
Live is Live
Kindness is Everything

They must be terrible people if they believe in all those things. Imagine living your life by those mottos. Complete low lifes.
it's a yard sign you see in wealthy neighborhoods it's called virtue signaling. smarten up , the Martha's Vineyard crowd got the national guard to rid them of their immigrants after 24 hours
Expose the fakes and liars at all cost , great work Ron, ps the immigrants wanted to go there and wanted to stay but it's yard signs only for the vineyard no reality please .

Really, they "got rid" of them?

As opposed to getting them sorted out with accommodations so they can begin their asylum process in a humane way rather than as a sub-human pawn in the right's sick game?

J70

I think J70 only gets exposed to good old fashioned working class Democrats down in the City

Up here in Massachusetts we have the extremely wealthy types-the ones who'd sicken your fvckin hole with all their woke bvllshit.

God forbid a black person or a poor person would come within a mile of them or any one of their family members

I've shared the story on here before of a very wealthy couple in our town.  A regular working fella inherited his grandmothers house and moved in next door to them. They made his life a living hell with all types of frivolous border disputes. He didn't have the money to lawyer up so he put his house on the market. Guess who bought it and demolished it to enlarge their garden? Yep-the ones next door

They used to have a bumper sticker proclaiming to be the 99%. They currently have one of those signs in their yards that states:

Black Lives Matter
No Human is Illegal
Science is Real
Live is Live
Kindness is Everything

They must be terrible people if they believe in all those things. Imagine living your life by those mottos. Complete low lifes.

Indeed. Horrific stuff.

Drive by the many right wing houses in upstate NY and all you see are deluded "Trump won" and "Trump 2024" and even the odd confederate flag.

Jell 0 Biafra

You don't have to go upstate, J70.  Just drive 20-30 miles East through Long Island.  "Biden is Not My President", and the apex of Trumpist wit, "Let's Go Brandon" adorn many of the homes in Nassau County. 

I'd imagine it's worse out in Suffolk.

Gmac

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 17, 2022, 01:49:21 AM
You don't have to go upstate, J70.  Just drive 20-30 miles East through Long Island.  "Biden is Not My President", and the apex of Trumpist wit, "Let's Go Brandon" adorn many of the homes in Nassau County. 

do you boys need counseling?

whitey

I had to go to a school board meeting in town a few years ago.  A bunch of clowns were lamenting the lack of diversity in town and how we needed to do this, that and the other to increase diversity

Meanwhile, 2 exits down the highway in either direction you'll find 2 towns with all the diversity one could ever dream of

I'm curious as to why they didn't just buy houses there to raise their families, instead of moving here and then complaining about it.

Eamonnca1

I even saw a Trump flag atop a big pole outside a house in—are you ready for this—Santa Cruz, California. Where everyone's a surfer, you're addressed as "dude," and Bernie Sanders is considered a saint.

They walk among us. And they have no shame.

I'd expect to find it among the backwoodsmen in the hills, but to see it brazenly displayed in the middle of one of the bluest cities in such a blue state takes some shamelessness.

lenny

Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 11:22:12 PM

Black Lives Matter
No Human is Illegal
Science is Real
Live is Live
Kindness is Everything

They obviously don't believe them ( or live them)  if their actions toward the neighbor are anything to go by. You see these signs all over the  wealthy  towns and these people would  $hit themselves if a black person or an illegal immigrant came within a mile of them or their kids

It's virtue signaling of the highest order

Starting to understand your thinking now. Right wingers are just straight up c*nts, they don't even pretend to be nice and that's why you like them.

burdizzo

Whereas left-wingers are plain dishonest?

whitey

Quote from: lenny on September 17, 2022, 07:32:57 AM
Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 11:22:12 PM

Black Lives Matter
No Human is Illegal
Science is Real
Live is Live
Kindness is Everything

They obviously don't believe them ( or live them)  if their actions toward the neighbor are anything to go by. You see these signs all over the  wealthy  towns and these people would  $hit themselves if a black person or an illegal immigrant came within a mile of them or their kids

It's virtue signaling of the highest order

Starting to understand your thinking now. Right wingers are just straight up c*nts, they don't even pretend to be nice and that's why you like them.

Who said I like right wingers?

Many of them are as big or bigger cvnts than Democrats

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 17, 2022, 03:39:01 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 17, 2022, 01:49:21 AM

do you boys need counseling?

Not at all.

We're responding to whitey's story about the "this house" posters.

One side preaches inclusion and acceptance, the other goes full bigoted, anti-democratic, conspiracy theory, "heads we win, tails you lose" tantrum.

No doubt some of those who put up the "this house" posters are NIMBY hypocrites, but at least they're willing to vote and contribute to political and charitable causes that further those aims.

The right doesn't even pretend to care about any of that stuff and doesn't even try to disguise their desire to legislate their religious bigotry, treat illegal immigrants as sub-humans with no dignity, deny the real and present threats to the environment, and gloss over the historical and recent treatment of black people and other minorities.

whitey

J70

They PREACH it but don't have to live with the consequences-that's my biggest issue

Like your gal pal Mya Wiley-all for defunding the police but lives herself on a street with armed private security

They're against school vouchers for poor kids, but send their own kids to private high schools that cost $70K per year

They're all for taking measures against GOLBAL Warming but god forbid they try to build a wind farm that would interfere with their yachting.

They're for open borders, but funny how next to zero undocumented people end up living in their communities

Gabriel_Hurl

He survived his trip on the BART then - phew

J70

I get it. People, especially politicians, are often hypocritical.

I'm more concerned about their policy positions/actions and their rhetoric and influence.

Which is why I voted against Mya Wiley (NOT my pal) and for Eric Adams.

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 17, 2022, 04:28:41 PM
He survived his trip on the BART then - phew
it wasn't running when I needed it police activity on the track at Oakland probably a maga rally or some white supremacists

Eamonnca1

"Virtue signalling" is one of those right wing newspeak talking points used to denigrate people who have the gall to publicly display their liberal values. A "virtue" is generally considered a positive, but conservatives use it as a pejorative. Kinda like "SJW," the acronymized version of "Social justice warrior," a derogatory term for people who think that social justice is a good thing. The fact that conservatives view "social justice" as a bad thing is self evident in the way they use language.

Goebbels would be proud of them. The conservatives are quite good at weaponizing language and turning positives into negatives, just as Orwell described.