The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 04:47:34 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 03:58:09 PM
I was there for 2 days in June

Subway was frightening

People urinating, masturbating and a generally threatening and menacing atmosphere.

I saw a teenager (backed up by a gang of friends) threatening to shoot someone who was minding their own business (guy getting threatened was in front of me going down an escalator with his girlfriend at Grand Central and the other guy was coming up)

Aggressive and obnoxious panhandlers

"A generally threatening and menacing atmosphere"??

And all that in two days worth of subway journeys??

Yes-ever time I travelled on the subway I felt unsafe

I got off the Metro North in Grand Central and when making my way down to the Subway (Red Line 2-I think-goes to Lower Manhattan and WTC) I saw the guy getting threatened with being shot

J70

Well, the most recent ridership numbers for the subway are 3.75 million on Wednesday.

The highest since COVID.

I've never seen any gun threats on the subway in close to two decades.

I saw someone (strung out on drugs) masturbating at the side of a street once, but never in the subway and never on any other occasion.

People pissing- don't think I've seen that, but I've seen signs that they do, especially in the Times Sq station. I've also seen people pissing all over the place in Ireland.

J70

Quote from: dec on September 16, 2022, 03:19:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 15, 2022, 05:08:26 PM
Quote from: Rudi on September 15, 2022, 09:34:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8MACDZ3RI

The left's finest
the politician interviewed there is the poster child for San Francisco a complete out of touch idiot . Thanks for posting unfortunately I see it first hand when I go to sf and the mental illness they talk about that you see on the streets is from irreversible brain damage a lot of these people have suffered from drug use , if California spent a fraction of what they do on homelessness to reopen some mental hospitals  they would help all the people of California not just funding their associates in the corrupt charities who get most of the $. One party rule when it's the democrats = sf la. Detroit Baltimore, Philadelphia, NY all hell holes and getting worse

New York is a hell hole and getting worse??

When's the last time you were there?

I either cycle or take the subway ten miles each way from Queens to work in upper Manhattan every day. Apart from higher homeless visibility (although that has decreased since Adams got in), things don't look that much different to anytime over the past ten years. Like any big city, you have to be careful when and where you go. It was the same in my college years in Dublin. Myself and the missus were out in the East Village last weekend and had a very nice night out. You'd swear listening to the likes of yourself that we couldn't stick our head out the door.

My kids have been traveling to and from school on the subway alone since the start of middle school (11 years old) and have never had a single incident that worried them.

My now-15 year old nephew has been going in and out to high school in the city by himself for the past year.

Friends of ours have a 13 year old girl and a 15 year old boy who also take the subway to and from their respective schools, albeit both staying in Queens.

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 04:59:44 PM

Subway was frightening

People urinating, masturbating and a generally threatening and menacing atmosphere.

I saw a teenager (backed up by a gang of friends) threatening to shoot someone who was minding their own business (guy getting threatened was in front of me going down an escalator with his girlfriend at Grand Central and the other guy was coming up)

I got off the Metro North in Grand Central and when making my way down to the Subway (Red Line 2-I think-goes to Lower Manhattan and WTC) I saw the guy getting threatened with being shot
I have to get the Bart tonight and am not looking forward to it , hopefully I'm still around to report back tomorrow.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 05:19:42 PM
Quote from: dec on September 16, 2022, 03:19:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 15, 2022, 05:08:26 PM
Quote from: Rudi on September 15, 2022, 09:34:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8MACDZ3RI

The left's finest
the politician interviewed there is the poster child for San Francisco a complete out of touch idiot . Thanks for posting unfortunately I see it first hand when I go to sf and the mental illness they talk about that you see on the streets is from irreversible brain damage a lot of these people have suffered from drug use , if California spent a fraction of what they do on homelessness to reopen some mental hospitals  they would help all the people of California not just funding their associates in the corrupt charities who get most of the $. One party rule when it's the democrats = sf la. Detroit Baltimore, Philadelphia, NY all hell holes and getting worse

New York is a hell hole and getting worse??

When's the last time you were there?

I either cycle or take the subway ten miles each way from Queens to work in upper Manhattan every day. Apart from higher homeless visibility (although that has decreased since Adams got in), things don't look that much different to anytime over the past ten years. Like any big city, you have to be careful when and where you go. It was the same in my college years in Dublin. Myself and the missus were out in the East Village last weekend and had a very nice night out. You'd swear listening to the likes of yourself that we couldn't stick our head out the door.

My kids have been traveling to and from school on the subway alone since the start of middle school (11 years old) and have never had a single incident that worried them.

My now-15 year old nephew has been going in and out to high school in the city by himself for the past year.

Friends of ours have a 13 year old girl and a 15 year old boy who also take the subway to and from their respective schools, albeit both staying in Queens.

I was mainly going between Times Sq and the Financial District and it was a $hit show

Rudi

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 05:13:48 PM
Well, the most recent ridership numbers for the subway are 3.75 million on Wednesday.

The highest since COVID.

I saw someone (strung out on drugs) masturbating at the side of a street once, but never in the subway and never on any other occasion.

People pissing- don't think I've seen that, but I've seen signs that they do, especially in the Times Sq station. I've also seen people pissing all over the place in Ireland.

Bet he was looking at you ;D The fella jerking off that is ;)

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 12:33:56 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 16, 2022, 05:04:05 AM
Newsom asking the DOJ to charge the right wing extremist governors who have been trafficking people as a political stunt. A busload of them was even dropped off at the Vice President's house. Every time I think "we've surely reached the bottom now," the Rethuglicans manage to plumb the depths even deeper. Where is this going to end? Gas chambers? These fascists must be stopped.

Kudos to Newsom for stepping up and fighting back.

DeSantis knows his supporters are fine with treating illegal immigrants, even asylum seekers, as sub-human pawns with no dignity, to be toyed with and callously dumped wherever to make the best performative political point. He doesn't care what normal decent people think.

Let's just hope they're not stealing their kids this time.
did Gavin open his mouth when 51 people died in a trailer in San Antonio after being trafficked across the southern border in July , he's a bs merchant of the worst kind and a dangerous fool.
Btw they are gone from Martha's Vineyard already they can put up their yard signs again now .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 16, 2022, 05:33:58 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 04:59:44 PM

Subway was frightening

I have to get the Bart tonight and am not looking forward to it , hopefully I'm still around to report back tomorrow.

I'll get the rosary beads out. It will be touch and go I'm sure!

J70

Quote from: Rudi on September 16, 2022, 06:29:00 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 05:13:48 PM

The highest since COVID.

Bet he was looking at you ;D The fella jerking off that is ;)

I am quite the dashing fellow.

Or at least used to be. :D

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 16, 2022, 07:07:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 12:33:56 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 16, 2022, 05:04:05 AM
Newsom asking the DOJ to charge the right wing extremist governors who have been trafficking people as a political stunt. A busload of them was even dropped off at the Vice President's house. Every time I think "we've surely reached the bottom now," the Rethuglicans manage to plumb the depths even deeper. Where is this going to end? Gas chambers? These fascists must be stopped.

Kudos to Newsom for stepping up and fighting back.

DeSantis knows his supporters are fine with treating illegal immigrants, even asylum seekers, as sub-human pawns with no dignity, to be toyed with and callously dumped wherever to make the best performative political point. He doesn't care what normal decent people think.

Let's just hope they're not stealing their kids this time.
did Gavin open his mouth when 51 people died in a trailer in San Antonio after being trafficked across the southern border in July , he's a bs merchant of the worst kind and a dangerous fool.
Btw they are gone from Martha's Vineyard already they can put up their yard signs again now .

Newsome may well be a hypocritical gobshite. He's a politician after all.

That doesn't make what DeSantis is playing at any less repugnant.

whitey

I think J70 only gets exposed to good old fashioned working class Democrats down in the City

Up here in Massachusetts we have the extremely wealthy types-the ones who'd sicken your fvckin hole with all their woke bvllshit.

God forbid a black person or a poor person would come within a mile of them or any one of their family members

They're all for diversity until it shows up on their doorstep

I've shared the story on here before of a very wealthy couple in our town.  A regular working fella inherited his grandmothers house and moved in next door to them. They made his life a living hell with all types of frivolous border disputes. He didn't have the money to lawyer up so he put his house on the market. Guess who bought it and demolished it to enlarge their garden? Yep-the ones next door

They used to have a bumper sticker proclaiming to be the 99%. They currently have one of those signs in their yards that states:

In this House, we believe

Black Lives Matter
Womens rights are Human Rights
No Human is Illegal
Science is Real
Live is Live
Kindness is Everything

lenny

Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 08:50:07 PM
I think J70 only gets exposed to good old fashioned working class Democrats down in the City

Up here in Massachusetts we have the extremely wealthy types-the ones who'd sicken your fvckin hole with all their woke bvllshit.

God forbid a black person or a poor person would come within a mile of them or any one of their family members

I've shared the story on here before of a very wealthy couple in our town.  A regular working fella inherited his grandmothers house and moved in next door to them. They made his life a living hell with all types of frivolous border disputes. He didn't have the money to lawyer up so he put his house on the market. Guess who bought it and demolished it to enlarge their garden? Yep-the ones next door

They used to have a bumper sticker proclaiming to be the 99%. They currently have one of those signs in their yards that states:

Black Lives Matter
No Human is Illegal
Science is Real
Live is Live
Kindness is Everything

They must be terrible people if they believe in all those things. Imagine living your life by those mottos. Complete low lifes.

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on September 16, 2022, 10:36:51 PM

Black Lives Matter
No Human is Illegal
Science is Real
Live is Live
Kindness is Everything

They must be terrible people if they believe in all those things. Imagine living your life by those mottos. Complete low lifes.
it's a yard sign you see in wealthy neighborhoods it's called virtue signaling. smarten up , the Martha's Vineyard crowd got the national guard to rid them of their immigrants after 24 hours
Expose the fakes and liars at all cost , great work Ron, ps the immigrants wanted to go there and wanted to stay but it's yard signs only for the vineyard no reality please .

whitey

Quote from: lenny on September 16, 2022, 10:36:51 PM

Black Lives Matter
No Human is Illegal
Science is Real
Live is Live
Kindness is Everything

They obviously don't believe them ( or live them)  if their actions toward the neighbor are anything to go by. You see these signs all over the  wealthy  towns and these people would  $hit themselves if a black person or an illegal immigrant came within a mile of them or their kids

It's virtue signaling of the highest order

J70

Black Lives Matter
No Human is Illegal
Science is Real
Live is Live
Kindness is Everything

Great, story time from whitey.

Meanwhile, the right are w**king themselves silly as Ron DeSantis sticks it to the libs using Venezuelan asylum seekers as human pawns.

Spread the Christian love baby!

The cruelty is, indeed, the point.