The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

The closer the game gets the more worried i'm about Madrid!  It could be another long night!  Liverpool have never won a European Cup easily.  Madrid have a good few wily players and manager.  Modric is a tricky boy to get the ball off.  I just hope our forwards are clinical when they get their chances.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

I think all else being equal, Liverpool are a superior team.

However, Liverpool have looked very leggy over the past few weeks. Not surprising, obviously.

If it goes to extra time, I can seriously see Liverpool playing for penalties as they'll be out on their feet. It was a similar situation in the FA Cup Final.

On the other hand, they may be the sharper side earlier on, so hopefully a good, fast start to put them in the driver's seat.

A repeat of their 2019 start wouldn't go amiss. :)

Capt Pat

24 hours to go and I have to admit I am anxious about this one. Having said that I am glad we are not facing a full strength Chelsea or Man City.

RedHand88

Whatever happens, enjoy it reds! Can't take these weekends for granted.

We'll remember these years forever.

Hound

Team pretty much picks itself I think

Diaz or Jota - presumably Diaz
Konate or Matip - I think Konate had his first poor enough performance v Wolves, and that probably swings it in Matip's favour
Keita or Milner (if Thiago doesn't make it) - presumably Keita

ONeill

Good luck to Liverpool today. I think they deserve another cup for their efforts this year. Slight worry that they are tiring and deflated after losing out on the big one but I don't think RM are that good.

Pool 2 RM 1.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on May 28, 2022, 07:20:49 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 28, 2022, 06:53:19 AM
Team pretty much picks itself I think

Diaz or Jota - presumably Diaz
Konate or Matip - I think Konate had his first poor enough performance v Wolves, and that probably swings it in Matip's favour
Keita or Milner (if Thiago doesn't make it) - presumably Keita
All reports are positive about Thiago. Hopefully he starts.
With 5 subs, at least he can be risked if he's thereabouts.

Armamike

Matip or Konate is a big call. Konate adds a lot in different ways - speed, a goal threat from corners etc but he's still a bit raw and prone to the odd mistake.  Matip is a safer option.  Hard to call it.  It's the type of call that could win or lose a match.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Minus15

Expected Team would see 9 of the team that started against Spurs 3 years ago starting tonight. Diaz and Thiago for Firmino and Wijnaldum.

quit yo jibbajabba

Lovren and Karius started the final chap (in defence Lovren poss one the better performers that night tho unsurprisingly ive never watched it since) 😃

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 28, 2022, 04:59:40 PM
Lovren and Karius started the final chap (in defence Lovren poss one the better performers that night tho unsurprisingly ive never watched it since) 😃

that was the year before

quit yo jibbajabba

Cant even use alcohol as an excuse!!!

Apols, carry on 😃

J70

quit yo jibbajabba

Ko delayed 15mins

Time to give thiago a lock more them inhalers 😉